“Great food and really good service”

L'Anmien Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 296 Restaurants in Phan Thiet
Price range: USD 10 - USD 50
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Seaside elegance amid Vietnamese charmSet on Mui Ne's pristinely sweeping beach, Anantara Mui Ne Resort & Spa is an oasis of elegance and comfort offering a unique and unforgettable way to experience the southern coast of Vietnam. Mornings spent by the sea. Afternoon hikes through nearby sand dunes. A soothing spa treatment before starlit evening drinks on the beach.Expertly blending Vietnamese tradition and legendary Anantara service, Anantara Mui Ne Resort & Spa offers a tropical retreat, worlds away from Vietnam's urban bustle. Take in the splendour of the sunset from the pool deck. Sample fine international dining and mouth-watering cuisine at our restaurants, some of the best Mui Ne resorts have to offer. Wander down garden paths to your own private villa. A cherished holiday within a setting to remember forever in our exceptional Vietnam hotel.
Reviewed 14 March 2017

Authentic Vietnamese food with properly trained chefs and very friendly team. Worth paying some more for quality

Reviewed 18 January 2017

L'Anmien Restaurant is one of two restaurants located inside Anantara Mui Ne Resort, Phan Thiet City.

I had the opportunity to dine there a couple of nights ago and found the experience to be a mixed bag, although on the whole to be pleasant.

A Thai set dinner promotion was on for VND500,000. But as I was in the mood for western, I decided to look through the menu instead. Unfortunately, the menu was offering mainly Vietnamese and Asian dishes as well. The waitress told me that western food is only offered at the other restaurant within the resort.

In any case, I stuck around and ordered 3 dishes: Lentil Soup; Saffran Lobster; and the Caesar Salad.

The lentil soup was a typical western style cream soup, so I wasn't expecting much from it. However, the kitchen had managed to put their own spin on the soup with some spices, I believe, and it provided a rather good start to my dinner.

The next to arrive was the saffran lobster, which was listed under the appetizer section of the menu. This dish was also beyond my expectation and I found this to be the best of the 3 dishes I ordered. Apparently, the recipe included coconut and curry.

The last dish was the Caesar Salad. Diners can choose to have it chicken or prawns. I selected the latter. Of the 3, I would say this was the most average, perhaps because I was pretty stuffed by then. One thing about this dish - it would be better if the shells were completely removed before serving the dish, see as Caesar Salad was more a western dish than an Asian one. It was also served on a rather small plate that wasn't conducive for me to remove the shell without using my hands.

For drinks, I had the Coco Mango, a mock-tail. It tasted alright, but not spectacular in anyway whatsoever.

Service wise, there were a couple of hiccups along the way, but nothing major to detract from what was an average dining experience.

First, the waitress wanted to clear my plate when my fork and knife were still placed on opposite sides of the plate. To be fair, I am not sure if this was due to a lack of training, or because most diners would not know this etiquette and would therefore require the service staff to ask.

The second hiccup occurred during payment. I paid with my credit card, and the staff only gave me a copy of the credit card slip. There was no intention to give me the restaurant receipt until I asked for it. It's quite amazing to me that such a habit still prevails, especially in a 5-star resort.

RAJATCHHABRA, General Manager at L'Anmien Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Dear Unplishedlaquer
Thank you for your review of our Restaurant.
I have noted all your points and discussed the same with our F&B Team.
We are in the process of changing our Menus and we are confident that you would appreciate the variety and the quality.
I thank you for your comments as this wold assist us in improving.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 January 2017

If you want to eat bland food in a half-empty restaurant with an embarrassingly bad 'pub singer', then this is your place! After the special Thai night advertised didn't happen, management arranged for the Chef to prepare a Thai meal especially for us. The chicken was dry and the tom kha gai soup simply wasn't tom kha gai soup! Hungry again!

Dear Jack4spratt
Thank you for your review of our Restaurant.
I have noted your comments and discussed with our Chef.
We will use your comments to improve our quality and service.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

We visited L'Anmien two nights ago and didn't have the best experience. We're staying at another resort - Aroma - but have been trying different restaurants around Mui ne and I must say that this has been the only disappointment.

We expected the high prices having looked on the website beforehand, and we were excited to experience a 5 star 'fine dining' meal.

It certainly looks the part and upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly guy, Anil (perhaps the restaurant manager?), and were seated at a fabulous table at the edge of the garden in front of the musician (who was great).

First of all, the menu is nothing like the sample menu on the website, so that was a bit of a shame. We ordered spring rolls and a green mango salad to start. Both were fine (the spring rolls were summer rolls though - maybe my bad for not checking?) but the green mango salad was lacking a bit of punch.

We asked for two glasses of red wine - they didn't have the Merlot on the menu, so we went for the slightly more expensive Malbec, which tasted quite sour as though it had been stored in a warm place.

Our mains arrived - the tenderloin with pate (around 900,000 VND) and mud crab (around 540,000 VND). The steak was about £40 in UK terms, which is considered expensive, and it was not a £40 piece of meat. It didn't taste good (we also asked for rare but it was blue - that could be fixed though) and the pate was like something out of cheap packet. The mud crab didn't excel either - we got two crabs and a set of crushers, no pick - so I had a little trouble getting the meat out! This dish was also expensive by UK standards and not impressive when I couldn't even eat it. In the end, it went back to the kitchen and the chef picked out the meat and served it in the two shells, which I was very grateful for. This would be a much better way of serving the dish.

After an underwhelming main, we shared the green tea panna cotta, which was delicious.

All in all, L'Anmien just didn't deliver. Taking the prices and the 5 star setting into account, we expected something outstanding. It wasn't even close. Service is excellent, atmosphere is nice, but the food is really sub-par, which spoiled the experience. We had a BBQ on the beach at Aroma the next day, which cost 500,000 VND per person, and it was nothing short of excellent. I have had a street food dish today that cost 20,000 and I left more satisfied. Sorry L'Anmien!

Dear justglobetrotting
Thank you for your review and comments about our Restaurant.
I appreciate you comments and have discussed with the Chef.
I am sure our new menus would be to your taste and pocket.
I look forward to be at your service once again in the near future.
Regards

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

Really good food. The service is the best in any restaurant I have been in throughout the world. Cocktails 2 for 1 between 20:00 and 22:00. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough. Truly superb.

RAJATCHHABRA, General Manager at L'Anmien Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2016

Dear Steve B
Thank you for your kind words about our L'Anmien Restaurant.
We are all very happy to note that you enjoyed the service, the happy hour and the food.
We hope that you would give us another chance to be at your service.