“The Sights: code-HA2 ”

Hoi An Adventures - Motorbike day tour
Ranked #29 of 261 Tours in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Join with us you will never regret cause you can see all the real experience in Viet Nam. You never try you never know!!!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Motorbike tour of Hoi An. Tour guides Lee, Cherry, and Alice safely showed us sights of countryside and local market. Excellent venues for pictures and fun.

All reviews
"great fun"
"amazing experience"
"highlight of our trip"

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Wow! My friend and I booked easy rider trip from our hostel in Hue to Hoi An - our hotel booked for us and assured us it was excellent. We were both very apprehensive and nervous about going on the bikes because of the traffic in Vietnam and we were inexperienced but immediately the friendly bubbly nature and excellent English of Mr Rin and Mr Chin (No 9) put us at ease. Our luggage was strapped very securely to the back of each bike, we were given a helmet and helped to secure it and then we set off. I rode with Mr Rin who drove very safely and made me feel comfortable immediately. After 40 minutes we stopped for some ginger tea and a rest, it was nice to take in the views and the beginning of the trip. We continued up into the mountains stopping at some of the spots with beautiful panoramic views. Mr Rin was an excellent photographer, taking stunning shots with you in them. He also provided lots of interesting facts and information about the places we stopped and the things we saw. A really excellent tour guide! We smiled and laughed non stop! He asked where we wanted to go, what we wanted to see and gave us the options. He was honest about entrance fees to places and whether it was worth it. Next we stopped at old war bunkers at the half way point between hue and da nang. This was a great opportunity to soak up the beautiful views of the Hai Van Pass. Mr Rin left us to explore while he and his colleague took some tea. We stopped in Da Nang for some delicious local food which was very cheap too. Our next attraction was the marble mountain - mr Rin got us a good rate to go in the cave which is a MUST SEE! Finally (and sadly!) we set off for the last part of our trip to Hoi An, we were very comfortable now so we were laughing and joking all the way. Not one time did Mr Rin ask for money, or make us feel pressured to do anything we didn’t want to, the whole trip was about our experience and what we wanted. It was the first time in Vietnam we have felt truly looked after and relaxed - a day I will honestly never forget. The views were amazing, the whole experience was phenomenal and mr Rin and mr chin made it even more excellent. We didn’t want to leave when they dropped us to our hostel in Hoi An! We left Hue at 8.30am and arrived at Hoi An around 2pm - so we still had a whole day to explore after already seeing so much!

I just wish I had more cash to give a bigger tip because it was well deserved!

If you do one thing in Vietnam - book a tour with Mr Rin!! You will not regret it.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

From Hoi An to Hue we did the day trip. My girlfriend went on the back of Mr Rin’s bike while my friend and I each had scooters. It was one of the highlights of our trip so far. Mr Rin is a lovely, funny guy, made us feel safe and was informative at all of our stops.

I think previous reviews have listed the itinerary, the mountain road is beautiful and there are lots of scenic views throughout. The lunch spot is really nice and the seafood was amazing.

I would definitely recommend doing this, if you have any doubts about riding a bike going on the back is just as good (for camera work also)

Tom, Hatty & Sarah

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

This has easily been the best part of our trip thus far! We, my brother (a motorcycle owner and experienced driver) and myself (never been on a motorcycle, motorbike or scooter) did a 1 day tour from Hoi An over Hai Van Pass with Mr. Rin and had an amazing time.

Mr. Rin picked us up from our homestay in Hoi An with our motorbikes parked out front ready to go, he gives you the choice ahead of time if you want manual or automatic (he also has room for a passenger on the back of his bike if you don’t want to drive). From Hoi An we wrote to Da Nang Beach where we stopped for water and picture. Then we headed up the pass. We stopped at a small lookout on the way where we enjoyed coffee/coconut and a phenomenal view of mountains and beaches. Our next stop was the elephant waterfalls, a sort of natural water park in the mountains that Mr. Rin informed us gwts very busy with locals in the summer. From there we stopped for a seafood lunch on the ocean. On our way back we crossed back over the pass stopping at the top lookout point and marble mountain.

Overall it was an amazing experience. Mr. Rin is an excellent driver and makes sure you are safe and comfortable the entire time (as an inexperienced driver he had me wear knee and elbow pads). He is great at directing traffic to make sure no one pulled out in front of us. He is also very knowledgeable of all roads, back ways and great photo op stops. He’s got a great sense of humor and speaks amazing English.

When I come back to Vietnam I will definitely use Mr. Rin for a 5 day 3 night tour. I give him my highest recommendation.

1  Thank sarah t
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2018

I took a 4 day, 3 night tour from Hoi An to Phong Nha along the Ho Chi Minh Road on the back of Mr. Rin's bike.

Rin was a sweet, safe, thoughtful guy who really takes pride in his job and his bike. He always made sure I was comfortable and having a good time. His bike was safe and comfy and we stopped often to give our butts a rest.

We stayed in perfectly fine hotels (although the one is Prao left much to be desired - and I usually stay in hostels!) and ate perfectly fine food (nothing to boast about though).

The tour itself was absolutely beautiful and comfortable but if you're alone I would only recommend Rin for a two day, one night tour or a day tour because his English wasn't very good at all (simple sentences like "what's your favorite food" would need a few minutes of back and forth before coming to an understanding.

We quickly ran out of things to talk about (I had already spent a bunch of time in 'Nam and had gone on tours prior to this so I didn't have much to ask Rin apart from his personal life). At times I felt really lonely because I felt I had no one to really converse with. Before booking, I asked the company to make sure my driver had exceptional English because I knew I would feel this way after 4 days, but it seems as though our standards are different. All that said, if you're with a partner, I think this trip would be absolutely fantastic. The Ho Chi Minh Road via motorcycle is really the best way to experience the highlands of Vietnam. And Rin really really tried his best and is a wonderful guy - which is why I gave 4 stars instead of 3.

The whole trip cost me $316usd ($79/per day) and it was the most reasonable price I could find from Hoi An. It includes everything but food (any maybe alcohol but I don't drink so I don't know).

I would recommend have skipping he 4th day if possible (so, 3 days, 3nights instead)and do your own thing in Phong Nha - unless you have to get to Dong Hoi quickly on the eve of your 4th night; I think I could've toured Phong Nha NP much more cheaply if I had done it myself.