“Amazing service”

Cycling Tour to Craft Villages
Ranked #12 of 163 Outdoor Activities in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer great tours & transfers for those who visiting My Lai Massacre, Hoian, Da Nang, Hue & DMZ ( central Viet Nam tours). My team and I always consider high quality customer service to be a top priority. Our friendly, well-qualified, professional, experienced tour guides and drivers with variety of spoken languages will treat you with the utmost care and provide the very best service to ensure you have an enjoyable comfortable and memorable trip during your time with us. We are also very proud to support local charities through our business activities- we have never forgotten the lessons learned from our parents – support each other and others less fortunate. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any queries you may have. Tommy Dao
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I can't emphasize any more how wonderful our tour with Tommy Dao was! We we're picked up promptly at the port and we're taken to all the sites promised with enough time to look around each place. What was even more amazing however was that when we asked if we could stay in Hoi An late enough to see the lanterns all lit up, Tommy did not hesitate and agreed to take let us stay in that wonderful town to enjoy the beautiful atmosphere. He was also kind enough to offer to take those not interested in staying back to the ship. How's that for great services?

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"hai van pass"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Tommy was extremely prompt in replying both emails and Whatsapp messages. We took up a private couples tour to My Son Sanctuary and Marble Mountains and our guide, Mr Ken, exceeded our expectations. Mr Ken is very knowledgeable and gave tips on best angles for photography. He is extremely familiar with the places and having been a veteran soldier he shared many anecdotes on the Vietnam war with us during the tour. Our driver Vy was also great as he navigated us through traffic smoothly and swiftly.
Tommy's rates are very reasonable for a private tour and can provide airport transfer service as well.
I'm happy to have booked his services for our trip and strongly recommend to anyone who is looking to tour Hoi An and Da Nang through the eyes of a friendly, experienced local.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I used Tommy Dao Tours in 2017, and decided to engage his services again when my family of 10 returned to Danang and Hoi An in March 2018. I emailed Tommy for airport transfer services, and our detailed itinerary, with a request for him to book us a Mandarin speaking guide to MySon.

Tommy replied to my email speedily, giving me a detailed breakdown of the cost, a description of the services and inclusions. He also highlighted that an English speaking guide would do a better job for our MySon tour (given the dearth of Chinese speaking guides). No hidden costs, and no hard sell to push us to book more tours. I appreciated his forthright and courteous personality.

The 12-seater van was clean, comfortable and the drivers were punctual, courteous and helpful (especially with my elderly parents) and safe on the roads. They always had bottles of water ready for us when we dropped off or get into the vehicle.

Although not all were conversant in English, they tried their best to understand our needs and brought us to all our booked restaurants and places of interest with good cheer.

On one occasion, the road leading to our hotel in Hoi An was closed to traffic in the evening. The driver immediately despatched a friend who walked all the way to our hotel to locate and help us with our luggage. And they accepted tips with big smiles, whatever the amount. The best part was that Tommy would watsapp me frequently to check if we were ok, and get feedback on the services provided.

Tommy and his team worked very hard to make sure that everything ran smoothly for us. Never were we pushed to visit any souvenir shops or restaurants. Although I noted some negative feedback on this forum (I guess some travellers are hard to please!), I personally enjoyed and appreciated the team's personalised service.

I have recommended Tommy to friends, and all have given equally positive reviews to him.

Xuan D, Owner at Tommy Dao Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear valued guests,

Thank you very much for your time to write a very good review on Tripadvisor and it has encouraged and motivated Tommy and the entire team working harder.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the coming time.

Tommy

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I booked Tommy based on some great reviews on Tripadvisor. When I first contacted Tommy by email I was initially worried but turned out my fears were wholly unnecessary. We communicated via email and Tommy always responded promptly and his rates were very reasonable. We booked the Danang airport transfers, a whole day Hue tour and a morning sunrise tour to My Son . Our flight from Hanoi was delayed for over an hour and despite the delay by the time Lu, the driver had got us to the hotel, Tommy was still there waiting to welcome us and helped us with the hotel check in. Great service
We had a 2 days with guide, Lam & driver, Lu. Lam was a fantastic guide – put us all at ease the moment we got in the car. Our full day tour to Hue was full of information and facts, but Lam made it all very entertaining and kept us interested the whole day. In the Hue Imperial City, he was so good that even other visitors were listening in. Lam was tireless and despite the long day to Hue the following day, he was as cheerful and friendly at 5am when he picked us up for an unforgettable morning sunrise tour of My Son. Highly recommended as there were no other tour groups there – we could take our time to appreciate and enjoy the peace in this ancient site. Thanks to Tommy for an unforgettable holiday.

Dear valued guests,

What a great comment from you after experiencing with Tommy Dao round trip airport transfers and day trip to Hue city as well as My Son sunrise tour!

Thank you so much for choosing us based on great reviews and it was true 100% for you and friends. Our guide Lam has done his best and glad you really enjoyed the tours.

Look forward to having you again some day!

Tommy

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Arranged a day tour through Tommy for Da Nang. Our ship was only in Port for the day and we had much to see. Communication with Tommy prior was always prompt and efficient. It ended up there were 14 of us so we were divided between two vans. Our guide Lam was great, took us to all the sights, explaining the history and facts throughout. We also enjoyed a great lunch at a local cafe as part of the tour. Tommy dropped in to join us and ensure we were all happy. He agreed to extend our tour end from 4pm to 6.45 so we could all see the beautiful lanterns of Hoi An. He would not increase the agreed price which was unexpected but very welcome. It was after 7.30pm by the time we got back to the ship. Lam took photos of the group each time we went somewhere and has sent us a link to them, a nice touch. The van also had free wifi which is a bonus if you are cruising and limited to expensive and slow satellite wifi onboard.
Would highly recommend Tommy and his staff.

Xuan D, Owner at Tommy Dao Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Dear valued guests,

It is wonderful for me and my team to read your review on Tripadvisor - the most worldwide website for online travellers choose the best tour company in Da Nang , Hoi An & Hue city for shore excursion daily tours.

We have done our best to provide you and the group the most popular places in Da Nang such as Lady Buddha Statue, My Khe Beach, Marble Mountains, Hoi An Ancient Town and by night lanterns, dragon bridge at night with colorful in such a day trip.

It is great you all enjoyed all local history sites with my amazing tour guide Lam and a safe driver on road. All my vans are equipped with free wifi and it is convenient for you.

I am very grateful for your excellent review and it does help our local business improve and grow.

Look forward to welcoming you back!

Tommy & the the team