“Almost Three Years Later and Phi is Still the Best in Town!!”
Review of Phi Banh Mi

Phi Banh Mi
Ranked #18 of 978 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Description: Phi Banh Mi is a family run food stand offering a variety of sandwiches. All ingredients are fresh and except for the bread everything is prepared at home. We are happy to accommodate your dietary needs, vegeterians welcome. Fillings include your choice of: pork, beef loaf, pork liver pate, chicken leg, fish etc. You can enjoy the Banh Mi on site (small table and chairs) or as a takeaway.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is now my third review for Phi. My first was in 2016 when I was in town for two weeks. I tried all the most popular spots and Phi was the winner. Since that first time in town I haven't been to another banh mi shop in Hoi An since. I came back to to town for four months in 2017 and Phi was still just as good then and he was the year before. I came back for another two weeks this year and Phi is still the reigning king of banh mi. Not only is his banh mi my favorite in Hoi An, it's my favorite in Vietnam. His banh mi is amazing ( he's the only one with avocado as an option!! ) and he is just an all around great guy as is his entire family. If there is one place I recommend to everyone going to Hoi An it's Phi Banh Mi. Don't skip it. Chicken cheese and avocado is my personal favorite.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,949)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My gut instinct, whilst my barbecue sandwich was been made was that the hygiene element was low, I dismissed my concerns, only for all of us to suffer the worst food poisoning in Asia, still I'll three days later.

1  Thank richard k
Phi B, Owner at Phi Banh Mi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for your review. We take food poisoning very seriously. We make sure our kitchen and shop are always clean to prevent such an event. Food sickness can take days to form, so it is very to dangerous to accuse our shop because you ate there on the same day. There have been no other reviewers saying they got sick either, so maybe you got it from somewhere else. We are very sorry you are not feeling well however, and wish you get better soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This is the best by far. He hooks it up. He has an iguana. He will remember you and smile and welcome you everytime you come. Ate maybe 3 or 4 times a day.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Ok . We knew about this place from TA .. we had just a few minutes for some food - and we were like 300 m from this place - why not. And know im so sorry i had just two banh mi in this place - the food is just AMAZING!!!!belive me its so delicious! Enjoy your phi banh mi- the best of the best

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

As a lover of this fine Vietnamese dish, my only experience in trying it had been eating them back home in Adelaide, Australia. So it was important to try to find a place in Hoi An that really makes a cracking roll! We found this place through TA and were most certainly not disappointed.. the special Banh mi with avocado is INCREDIBLE! Crunchy roll on the outside but soft in the middle with so much flavor in each bite. We ate 4 in total and were very impressed. The staff were so lovely especially one female who made an effort to play with our little boy and was so genuinely nice. Add this place to the list if you love Banh Mi as much as me!