“Riding Boots and Sandals in Hoi An”
Review of Shoes Shop Hao

Shoes Shop Hao
Ranked #151 of 450 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We tried to find someone in Hoi An who could make us a pair of riding boots. Our little girl brought a printed picture of a pair she liked from the internet. We asked in some shoe shops and finally got to this shop. The owner speaks very good English, is super friendly, competent and had an open ear for every extra wish we had. As we couldn’t figure out what zipper would be the best one for the boots, she even brought us some to choose from at the next evening. One day later we picked them up and she was very happy! The boots are pretty similar to the pair from the internet and just look amazing. At that day we bought sandals for the whole Familie and again we didn’t got disappointed.

1  Thank Anna K
in 3 reviews
"fit"
"design"

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I ordered a pair of espadrilles to my colour and size, (which isn’t straight forward) and two days later picked them up. My foot is narrow for the length and this was catered for, so I’m very happy with the finish and fitting, I’d definitely come back next time and get more than one pair made. Such friendly service, and better quality and fit than I’ve had previously from the market. Thank you.

1  Thank Dianne B
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Very sweet and smiling staff. Buying my geurgous bag was a pleasure. And they made sure to give me a good discount

1  Thank signe952018
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Great shoes made by the friendliest staff in super quick time. Shopping made easy! Very happy with the 2 pairs of sandals made for me. Very comfortable and made in no time. Highly recommend.

1  Thank elanagrossy
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Fellow husbands out there, you know my pain. Every time my wife walks in to a shoe store, she tries of twenty different pairs, wears out the carpet between the shoe rack and the floor mirror, and decides that every single pair has SOMETHING that's not quite right. A little too big/small, the color is just a bit off, or she doesn't have the perfect outfit to go with these otherwise perfect shoes. I sit and watch on as this plays out each time, knowing before we even walk in how it's going to end.

That's what makes our visit to Shoe Shops Hao so unbelievable. My wife walked in, described a style of shoe she wanted, was sized using her footprint and a tape measure, and told to return later that same day. We went back and, voila, she was handed the perfect pair of shoes. They fit like a glove and my wife didn't have a single complaint. Call it a miracle or some other form of divine intervention, it matters not to me. She was so happy, she ordered a second pair for her and a pair of sandals for our six-year-old daughter. And again, perfection.

I feel like there's now hope for the many other places I find myself hopelessly drowning in my wife's shopping indecisiveness -- clothing stores, body lotion shops, grocery stores, you name it. If everyone could just be like Shoe Shops Hao, husbands all over the world would, once and for all, reclaim all those years lost aimlessly following our wives around as they decide, or not, what to buy.

1  Thank Zapote1