“Amazing experience ”
Review of Aobaba Tailor

Aobaba Tailor
Ranked #89 of 442 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Aobaba is a Hoi An family business which has been established for many generations. We continually improve and modernise our techniques and we make sure we keep up to date with fashion trends.Aobaba, the tailors where customers will receive professional and friendly service. We will look after your wardrobe needs when you are in our shop but also when you go home. We keep your measurements for a minimum of three years and you will be able to order from where ever you are."
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful time with Hannah. Her styling advice helped and her attention to detail was outstanding! Staff here are friendly and caring and not pushy at all! Everything we purchased is made from high quality fabrics with perfect furnishings! There is no price haggling but if you want high quality garments at a good price this is the place to go!

All reviews
"back home"
"next morning"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I had this tailor recommended to me by friends & it didn’t disappoint. Kimmy who runs the place is lovely. I took in a much loved dress for them to replicate to which I reckon they did it 110% (better than the original) so I had them do another. Very professional with fittings, garment tags & care instructions! Super speedy - my dress was turned around in 24hrs, and if not ready at the time they originally promise they’ll call your hotel to let you know. My only criticism would be that the selection of cotton fabrics didn’t offer as much choice as I would have hoped. Don’t expect it to be cheap though... you will pay a similar price to buying it off the rack in a store (my dress $40 AUD, I only paid $50 for the original) but benefit being they fit it exactly to your body and you can choose the fabrics.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

I am delighted with my lovely purple Velvet coat. I had a photo on my camera of my now tatty old one. Hannah was lovely. She listened to exactly what i wanted. Made a few suggestions and the coat was perfect. During the first fitting, my friend loved it so much that she ordered one too. Excellent price and excellent service.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

With the help of Kylie I had several pieces made. My partner also had a full suit made. Everything turned out just as we had hoped and the prices were more than reasonable. The staff remembered us by name each time we came back for a fitting/pick up. Along with the great tailor made clothes, I really enjoyed the experience and service. I would recommend it to everyone!

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 February 2018

I went to this store to buy 5 yards of silk fabric as a gift to a friend for her "mother of the groom" dress. I specifically asked to see silk and when I found one I liked I again asked if it was silk and was specifically told that it was 90% silk and 10% cotton. I repeated it after her and she said yes. I also bought 3 yards for myself.When I got home I burned a swatch to test it and it is largely, if not entirely, polyester. I am both angry at being intentionally lied to and embarrassed to have to tell my friend that the silk that I promised is in fact polyester. A quality shop would never do this. This happened on February 2, 2018.

1  Thank Elsabae