“Can do better”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We liked the service but food did not live up to reputation. Too many good alternatives to return here, sorry.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I don't like to put s little business down, but I think it's fair to warn people. We went after seeing all the positive reviews and it's always busy. The spring rolls were really nice but went for the Pho and it was very disappointing. The only flavour in it was salt, and far too much of it. Another reviewer mentioned thick cut noodles, but ours were really thin. I can see we're not the first to experience this, so maybe it was a bad day. It's always busy so other dishes must be good.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I've eaten Pho everywhere and this place is definitely one of the better places in Da Nang / Hoi an. The broth is really delicious, not watered down like many places in the region. Yes, the vegetables are somewhat lacking, but you can ask them for extra. Eat here!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I've been eating a lot of Pho, here and in HCMC. Xua is mediocre. Overly salty broth, they were stingy with herbs to add into the soup, and by far the worse... The noodles were overcooked and soggy.

Maybe I was unlucky. Or maybe everyone should take a chance on the stalls in the Market. Yes there was a good amount of beef, and the location is relaxing, and the price is quite good given the sit down decor... etc. But ultimately I'd spend my precious calories eating elsewhere.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

It is incomprehensible to me how Pho Xua got such high TripAdvisor ranking. It is obviously a tourist trip for westerners who are not familiar with authentic, delicious Vietnamese food.

I’ve had the Pho Bo - which was murky with so little beef (fortunately, because it was not good beef), and fresh spring rolls which were anything but fresh and were served next to industrialized thick chili sauce.

This is not a good place to eat in Hoi An.

1  Thank TCtraveler89