“Best authentic food in Hoi An”

Vina Ngon Restaurant
Ranked #204 of 888 Restaurants in Hoi An
Price range: USD 2 - USD 10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

My partner and I visited Vina Ngon after seeing a couple of reviews, and I have to see these guys seriously exuded my expectations of what can be produced in a small kitchen.
The staff are as awesome and the food, well worth the trip if only to try the special pork with a cold glass of Beer Saigon.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

We waited an hour for our food but to be fair the waitress had warned us that the food takes a while. My food was distinctly average, rolled beef with cheese and chips coated in ketchup. Ordered as it was recommended on the menu but I have no idea why, the beef was tough and tasteless. My wife however had an entirely different experience opting for fish in a clay pot, which was absolutely delicious.

I would go back but to try something different on the menu. Although the wait is long the atmosphere is good, music playing is great and the staff are nice. It is also pretty cheap, and the cheapest beer I've found, 11vnd (33pence) for a bottle of Larue.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

not too bad at all...this place serves really consistent & pleasant food - friendly staff and clean kitchen i would recommend it to others

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Fantastic fresh, delicious food, especially the water cress salad. The best meals we have eaten so far in our 3wks in Vietnam so far from Hanoi to Quy Nhon. Great value and lovely service. We also ate down by the river for the ambience but returned time after time to Vina Ngon.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

We ate here a couple of times whilst in Hoi An and it is the best food we ate in Vietnam. It is priced very reasonably and the food is very tasty. The girls that run this place are very friendly and can explain what the dishes are to help you choose. My favourite are the fried wontons and also the wonton soup.