We are a family travelling with children aged 5 and 8. We visited this hotel in Feb 11 and had such a lovely time we decided to go back for our winter holiday this year. Rare for us as we never go back to previous hotels with so many places in the world to visit!
This hotel works with young children. There are lovely safe, clean beaches, a football pitch and many pools. They are heated though and not very refreshing, bit like a warm bath. The kids club is ok. It costs about £8 per child for half a day. Mine only went on 3 days for about 3 hours. This was enough as not a lot to do, but staff were nice and friendly.
The staff working in the bars, restaurants and cleaning the rooms are friendly, helpful and a real credit to the hotel. The hotel is kept very clean even though many areas are starting to get a bit dated.
This is where the 5 star experience stops. We travelled all inclusive. The hotel main restaurant food can only be described as poor. Salads and breads on offer are a good selection but meat used was often fatty, tough and cheap cuts. Chicken was only wings and thighs and the only fish I saw on the griddle was Salmon. Often the main griddle was cooking burgers! Typically 3 star food. There was Smoked Salmon one morning for breakfast but for the rest of the time it was replaced by processed chicken/ham meats. This meant we were forced to eat a lot of evenings in the restaurants around the resort. These were of a better quality although not outstanding. They were also expensive. You are given an allowance if your are all inclusive that will just about the cover the starter!
The wine on the all inclusive option was disgusting. This was Hardy's Stanley Chablis. You can purchase online for 89 AED for 4L about £12 (although the hotel wouldn't be paying this much!) so you can imagine what it taste like. We therefore spent more money each night buying 'nice' wine from the wine list. If you like good quality wine and food then this isn't the hotel for you.
We had a noise problem in our room on three nights of our stay, whilst finally rectified by the hotel they offered us poor compensation and we have come away having to complain to Hilton direct.
This hotel has the potential to be superb. Fabulous location. RAK is very up and coming area with Real Madrid World and many other 5 star and first 7 star currently being built. This hotel needs to up it's game if it has any hope of continuing to compete with the 5 star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa is nestled in a spectacular private bay at the northern tip of the Arabian Peninsula, overlooking the shimmering waters of the Arabian Gulf. Only a 50 minute drive to Dubai International Airport and two hours from Abu Dhabi International Airport. Guestrooms: The Resort consists of 151 Guestrooms in Villas and 324 Guestrooms in the hotel, each with a private balcony and exclusive access to the beautiful 1.5 km sandy beach. All guestrooms are fully equipped with a Plasma TV, minibar, alarm clock, coffee facilities, safe box, iron with board, hair dryer and wired internet (fee). Dining: With 13 restaurants and bars to choose from, guests will be spoilt from choice. Start the day with Hilton Breakfast in the bright and spacious Maarid, then stop by BN Cafe for a Starbucks coffee, or swim up to the pool bar Sunset Bar before grabbing a bbq lunch at Al Bahar with an underwater view. Begin your evening with a traditional Middle Eastern shisha in 6 Degrees bar, before contemplating whether to try South American cuisine in Pura Vida, Sushi in Passage to Asia or classic Italian fine dining at Piaceri da Gustare. At night, bar hop your way around the resort, from the classic X.O bar serving cognac and vintage ports to Espirit for trendy cocktails and a live DJ. Leisure: The Spa features hamams, jacuzzis, saunas, and treatment tents on the beach. For the gym enthusiasts, there is a Hilton fitness by Precor center with aerobics rooms. Or take part in water sports with our on-site diving center offering snorkeling, water skiing and sailing and jet skiing. The perfect end to a day is a swim in one of our six swimming pools; including a salt water pool and 2 shaded pools for children. An onsite Kid's Club with indoor and outdoor playrooms will keep the children busy whilst you relax in the best resort in Ras Al Khaimah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au and Expedia APAC so you can book your Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Hotel Ras Al Khaimah
- Hilton Ras Al Khaimah Resort And Spa
- Ras Al Khaimah Hilton