5,102 results
All reviewscinnamon restaurantbedroom villabasilico restaurantbreeze barplunge poollaguna poolbeach bartemperature controlledbuggy serviceroom servicearabian gulfbeautiful propertysea viewcakean upgradeprivate beachwater sports
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Beside the fact that we wait for 40mn at the check up and get nonome to greet us at the entrance with no one to take our luggage which stayed under the sun for 40mn! There is way not enough restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

All in all we had an amazing time and might return back if value for money is improved, it is little bit expensive comparing to the service offered.
Writing a detailed review to bring to the attention of the hotel management some issues for better experience for all guests:

- The check-in was not very pleasant, the online check-in email received says it is doable anytime before arrival, but when tried to check-in on our way to the hotel, it says it can’t be done on the arrival day !

The front parking is a chaos, lobby is messy, no welcoming faces, forget welcome drink if you receive a welcome smile you are lucky, to be fair there was coffee and dates at a corner of the lobby.

The queue was not organized, three members of staff were checking in, but it was taking a long time and we had to wait around 20-30 minutes.

we arrived on my birthday, but the lady at the counter did not notice it, wouldn’t you expect from a 5 star hotel to give attention to the purpose of your visit and say “happy birthday” at least !

The area behind the small cafe in the reception was dirty and messy, empty boxes piled behind the cakes fridge, enough reason to let you walk away and forget ordering a birthday cake.

- The room was neat, little small for the money we paid, but the sea view and privacy were big plus. The small fridge was not cooling properly, can’t expect to have a cold drinking water before 12 hours of keeping a small bottle of water in.

There was no ramp for the baby stroller, we had to carry it up and down of 5-6 steps every time going in/out of the room.

- Being a facility manager myself I can say the facility management team is doing an excellent job, I did not notice hazards other than a missing bar on one of the bridges towards the beach that left enough room for a child to fall off, I informed one of the beach bar staff members about it and he said he will inform the concerned department, couldn’t go back there to check if it was fixed or at least secured with a cone or warning sign until fixing.

The second serious hazard are all kinds of transportation cars on the narrow roads of the property, the drivers do really slow down when they see you, but with toddler running around specially at corners it can be very dangerous, all time speed limits should be considered lower than current ones.

- The breakfast buffet was excellent, dinner could be better with more variety. Mixed feeling about the staff, the welcoming ladies were not very welcoming, smiley faces would be more appropriated.

Thank you again for the cleaner at cinnamon, who returned my wife’s forgotten mobile in the handicapped bathroom, there was no baby changing room so she had to use that as a one.

First night on dinner we were told with half bored package we were allowed to have one soft drink only !!!
Second night we were told we can have unlimited soft drink, there was no apology for rejecting it on the day before.

- The infinity pool view was amazing, the pool itself was not very clean, looks old and gives out the reality of aging property.

The guys handling the towels at both the pool and beach were looking angry all the time, very possessive I can say as if they don’t want you to have towels.

Some of the lifeguards were very smelly, I can understand the reason, but maybe short breaks with mandatory showering and uniform changing can help. We had to keep a distance while in the pool.

- Landscaping full mark

- Check out was even worst than check in, no proper queue again, three members of staff taking all the time they need and little more. I picked a line and started waiting, when it was finally my turn the lady at the counter decided to invite ladies from next counter queue to pass me ! (I am all for ladies first, but I was with a lady myself and a toddler) just to make it worst another couple jumped in front of me and were served despite my objection.
When I tried to change queue and go to next counter, I was rejected rudely and someone who just walked into the lobby was given priority !
At this time it was already 30+ minutes waiting, around 6-8 guests who walked in after us were served before us. When I asked an explanation I received an apology at least, but it was too late and my mood was ruined, left with frustration.
Simple steps can improve the check in/out experience big time.
The pillars at reception desk are blocking the view of the staff behind, they don’t know who is next to be served, one more staff on this side of desk can make a big difference.
Russian speaker is a must at that reception when significant number of guests are Russian speakers only, it took forever for two guests in front of me to understand very simple information like number of nights, dates, amount of service fee etc.

- Finally the list of positive things can be longer than all mentioned above that is why I ranked as very good, but I wanted to highlight this issues hoping to see improvement if we go back in future.

I chose to share one photo that shows the difference small touches can make, hats off to the housekeeping team, not only the cleaning of the room was excellent, they draw a smile on our faces as well.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
coveresort, General Manager at The Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Masis K,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed had a good stay overall. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused and be assured that each point is taken seriously and will be discussed internally, so that permanent solutions for improvement can be found. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Words can’t display how horrible the service is , food (except basilico the Italian restaurant ) is the worst you can have , at one point of our stay I had to go online to make sure that it is a five star hotel !

They advised us to go to the beach restaurant for a BBQ dinner , the food was very bad and cold !

I was celebrating my wife’s birthday and I wanted a set up in the room . Now i asked them by phone , sent emails , and at check in (the worst check in ever , but we will get to that later on ) for balloons in the room , they confirmed that it is possible but when the day came they sent someone from housekeeping to put flowers on the bed , when I asked him he said that this is the honeymooners setup (which was not what I ordered ) when I tried to speak to housekeeping they told me that the manager will call back , which didn’t happen and I never had the birthday set up that I requested !

Check in and check out is a fiasco ! The worst , beyond your wildest imagination ! Words can’t describes it it’s an experience that you have to experience

After this experience I won’t be setting foot in any rotana hotel in the region !

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Hussein N

Dear Hussein N,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We are very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet expectations. Please be assured that your feedback is taken seriously and will be discussed internally, so that permanent solutions for improvement can be found. I hope that you can view this as a one off aberration and will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves. Despite mentioning you are “not likely” to return to our resort, I am hoping your recent experience will not deter you from coming back and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The resort is amazing. Beautiful, romantic views both during daytime and night. All corners are picture-worthy! Was worth it! Definitely coming back and would recommend the place. Reception was very accommodating to our requests and all staff are very polite.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Rotana Hotels
coveresort, General Manager at The Cove Rotana Resort Ras Al Khaimah, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear 68shellie,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay, and that you were pleased with the location and facilities at our property. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We loved staying at the Cove. The whole family stayed in a two bedroom villa with a plunge pool. It was a short drive from Dubai but seemed like you were relaxing in the tropics. Great facilities service and food.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Dear Tammy M,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We were delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay, our facilities and services meet your expectations. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.