All reviews ice bath chia pudding art class yoga sessions watching the stars camp fire perfect escape sand dunes management team next morning katrina paleo hiit sauna cabin dubai facilities
Reviewed 2 April 2018

What a dreamy weekend! The perfect place to totally switch off, leaving the craziness of life in Dubai behind for a weekend in the Ras Al Khaimah dunes.
Loved the delicious and hearty vegan food, invigorating workouts and yoga sessions, which were balanced out by mindful painting and meditation sessions.
I was totally expecting the tents to be very basic, but they're far from it. Super comfortable double bed, with an (outdoor) alfresco private ensuite.
Loved spending meal times and downtime in the communal space, a wonderful area to meet new, like-minded people in this holistic haven.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Alma_Retreat, Manager at Alma Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful summary of your stay Farah! It was wonderful having you at Alma for the weekend and I think we all learned a thing or two from your badass boxing skills. Lots of fun in the sun and laughter a-plenty! Looking forward to hosting you again soon. With love from Team Alma x

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Living or visiting Dubai for a week or more, you feel the need to escape the cosmopolitan life, and slow down the pace for a couple of days. I have been having these urges every once in a while and trying such escapes, but never came back to repeat any of those one-off experiences. Two weeks ago, I felt this cyclic urge, and I have already learnt about the Alma retreat from a good friend. I went for a full weekend from Thursday to Sunday noon, but I had some late work on Thursday so I had to arrive at night, which was accommodated by the management team. I reached the camp easily. I got my room. Simple clean room with a comfortable bed, and a nice clean bathroom, with Egyptian cotton towels. The bathroom had no ceiling which I thought was awesome. I woke up to a nice short of refreshing juice, walk in the dunes, the fitness session. Breakfast follows, then Yoga session followed by Ice bath to soothe the muscles. Lunch comes next followed by an art class, yoga, fitness, then Sauna and dinner. For people with some energy left, camp fire, or cozy lounge to play some games and relaxing music coupled with all sorts of nice relaxing tea and detox drinks. Yoga sessions were amazing and a great eye opener. I took away so many messages that would help me get a better quality out of my life. Food, though vegan, was of 5 stars quality, and I mean it. And in all activities, you are always made to feel comfortable and go at your own pace; No pressure nor judgement. I had first time experience in this retreat on eating vegan, ice bath, yoga, and sand boarding. How often do you get to do so many new things in one weekend. All in all, it was an amazing experience, run and managed by people who really know what they are doing. I would definitely return to Alma retreat whenever I can.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. Only difference is large bed or two single beds.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Alma_Retreat, Manager at Alma Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Alaa,

Thank you for sharing such a comprehensive review of your time at Alma. It is always such a joy to hear that our guests are taking home healthy habits to incorporate in to the city lifestyle. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

With love from Team Alma x

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

This yoga retreat is everything and more! A calming oasis in the middle of the desert offering yoga, fitness, art therapy and amazing food and teas. Manager Katrina will welcome you with open arms and ensure you are pampered and relaxed from start to finish. I met some amazing like minded people and have made friends for life. I can highly recommend this hidden gem to anyone looking for a different experience and the ultimate in relaxation and fitness. The high quality accommodation is beautifully and cleverly designed with an amazing communal area to mingle with fellow guests. A truly magical experience...go and book it now - you won’t be disappointed

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Alma_Retreat, Manager at Alma Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Jo,

It was such a pleasure hosting you for our three day escape programme. Your beautiful energy and zest for life were a joy share and we are so very pleased that you enjoyed the many aspects and activities that Alma offers. Thank you for taking the time to share the love - looking forward to our paths crossing again soon.

Team Alma x

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This retreat exceeded all my expectations. The warm and welcoming staff made us feel at home right away. The schedule of activities were the perfect blend of energizing and relaxing. A great way to meet people and to escape from our daily lives. Worth every penny!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Alma_Retreat, Manager at Alma Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! It was fantastic having you at Alma for the weekend and we look forward to hosting you again soon! With love from Team Alma x

Reviewed 28 February 2018 via mobile

If you want to go beyond the Glitz and Glamour of the UAE then head to ALMA Retreat. Nestled among the sand dunes you will find this unique and relaxing retreat. From the moment you make your booking you will feel your retreat has begun. Although the retreat caters up to 30 guests you will feel as though its designed for you with how personalized and well looked after you are.

Prior to your arrival you will be contacted by the Retreat Host Katrina who will asked for regarding any special dietary requirements, allergies etc. along with sending you the schedule of the weekend. The drive to the retreat is very easy and most likely you will come across Camel Traffic hence no doubt your first photo of many to come.

On arrival you will be meet by the team and showed to your cozy cabin with an outdoor shower J . Rooms are comfy and have all the amenities you need so no need to pack your toiletries. There is no hot water so the evening shower can be quite refreshing but the following day you will just want to stay under the shower forever!!

The communal area is set up with a coloring corner, boards games ,Lego J, books and plenty of cushions for you to just chill in. Throughout your time there you can help yourself to tea, coffee (try with coconut milk and honey) , fresh fruit, nuts and rice cakes. Water is a plenty along with multiple infusion waters. The meals are just AMAZING and you will just want to keep eating and all so healthy so you will never have the guilty feeling.

The activities arranged are fabulous whether your there for fitness, mind or creativity. You can choose to participate in them all, only a few or none if you choose. Not once did you feel pressured in having to participate and if you did no one judged you as to if you were experienced or just a beginner. This is what I LOVED about Alma retreat. I could just be me.

Katrina and her staff were beyond amazing and all so friendly and such happy people they definitely made my retreat more enjoyable. We were a small group on the weekend I attended but have made lifelong friends, met new friends from all around the world and we all had so much fun with plenty of memories made, laughs had and came away feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.

Note: There is a small camp next to the retreat that in the evening for approx. 20mins you will hear some noise as it’s the start of their desert show but this did not interrupt nor bother me at all.

I would definitely recommend ALMA retreat for an individual, couples or a group of friends who just want to escape the city life for 24hrs.

A- Amazing
L- Lasting
M- Memories and
A- Adventures

See you all again soon. I will be back!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Alma_Retreat, Manager at Alma Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Prue - THANK YOU - for sharing your experience with us!

It was such a pleasure hosting you and we look forward to making more magical memories on your return.

Until then you will remain our Lego Queen!

With love from Team Alma x