All reviews mini fridge storage space sun disappears lovely promenade cleaned every day salad bar staff air con stray cats bad points chicken a lovely stay turkey clean rooms our room was cleaned cold meats couple of nights
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My first time in Turkey.. the ideal piccolo I can 100% recommend, its spotlessly clean, rooms are cleaned daily.fridges in the rooms are always filled up with water and juices daily . All the waiting staff while eating are so lovely. Zak and engine who work at the bar are absolutely great, so helpful, just can't praise them enough . Spent 2 weeks at the hotel and will be back next year for sure , miss everyone at the hotel will see you next year

Stayed: August 2017
2  Thank DoNnARegan
iphotels, Guest Relations Manager at Ideal Piccolo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Good morning,
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
It is a pleasure to read the wonderful comments that you have made regarding your holiday here with us from the service you have received to the cleanliness of the Hotel and the food served. I do hope that you will join us again in the future and on behalf of my Team here at Ideal Piccolo, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My second time visiting Turkey (last year I stayed in Içmeler and had a brilliant time) I opted for Marmaris as I was told it was more lively.

The hotel decor is lovely and most of the staff were nice. The rooms are a bit small and not really anywhere to store clothes, shoes etc.. I stayed in a room with my sister which had 2 single beds but I know of some guests who were given a double bed to share with their children/friends. Maids came everyday to clean, I heard of some guests being told their rooms were not tidy enough for the maids to clean(?)

Food:
I didn't eat breakfast during the 12 days I stayed here as it was not nice. Scrambled egg was bland, I'm not really a bread eater & the cereal didn't taste too good.

Dinner was not great at all. Not much choice, seems to be the same dishes everyday switched up.

Pool snacks was probably the only time of the day I looked forward to; onion rings, chips, burgers, chicken nuggets and pizza!

Tea time was again not very good, not much choice and very bland tastes.

First time I've LOST WEIGHT on an all inclusive holiday due to the lack of choice.

As for entertainment... NONE! The entertainer guy spent most of his time pushing people in the pool, drinking with guests and not hosting many activities. (Occasional darts.) Some guests entertained themselves playing table tennis (& beer pong) or having fun in the pool. Unfortunately, some of the other guests did not approve of you jumping in the pool & playing volleyball. Some very miserable guests who made you feel uncomfortable for having a good time.

Night time entertainment lasted for around 10minutes. The hotel was very quiet in the day and at night. A lot of guests complained about this but nobody seemed to care. Music was played on and off throughout the day & the slides were turned on for an hour in the morning & an hour at night.

One staff member in particular, who worked behind the bar, which I think goes by the name of "Zak" was extremely rude, especially to women. He refused to give us drinks in normal sized glasses and gave us tiny ones, he had no manners and made a few of us feel extremely uncomfortable by staring at us around the pool. Other than that the staff were great, they remember your drinks, have lovely manners & have a laugh with you also.

The beach is a 5 minute walk across the road but the hotel is on a very steep hill. The lift didn't work often so if you struggle walking up hills/stairs I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

I don't know whether it's because I'm 21 that I found this hotel so boring because around the pool I spoke to a lot of older adults who said the same! The British we made friends with all said they would not return to this hotel and neither would I.

Marmaris town centre is about 15 mins on the bus and cost 2.50 lira each way. There are LOTS of shops selling the same things and you get hassle to buy clothes, shoes, bags, food, anything they can sell.

If you come to this hotel, I suggest you bring lots of spending money and go on the trips as there is nothing exciting or enjoyable about the hotel other than the pool, the sun and some of the guests ‍♀️

Very disappointed and will not be returning. Overpriced. Should be a budget hotel and I have never written a bad review about anywhere. I enjoyed my holiday but it is not what I expected for what I paid, I was just happy to be in the sun and away from work

Good luck if you're going!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Farrahmae
iphotels, Guest Relations Manager at Ideal Piccolo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important to us and I would like to add to the comments that you have made.
Ideal Piccolo is a boutique style Hotel and not in the main hub of Marmaris, the Hotel cuisine follows an International menu catering for the differing nationalities of guests that we host. We do not advertise an animation team with a full programme of activities however do provide occasional evening entertainment and I am disappointed that on this occasion your holiday expectations have not been met however I do hope that you will visit another of the Hotels in IPHOTELS group that may better suit your holiday requirements.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel does have some positives but I would not recommend for a two week stay (one perhaps wouldn't be bad) and I definitely would not return.
The staff are lovely and very friendly.
The hotel is equidistant from Marmaris and Icmeler and you can therefore visit either within 5/10 mins on the bus or by taxi which is a 3 minute walk.
The food is good and there's plenty of it. Not amazing but good quality for an all inclusive.
The hotel was also generally very clean and I often saw various staff cleaning throughout the day.
The beach is a five minute walk and you can use the sister beach for free. However, getting a lounger before midday is very difficult.
On the downside, the hotel was full of very rude guests including some young adults (can't have been much more than 19) who insisted on bombing into the pool and behaving as if they were in an 18-30s resort which meant we avoided the hotel during the day and after evening meals. I'd have expected a much nicer and more mature crowd in an adults only hotel. There was nothing sophisticated or 'adults only' at the Piccolo.
Our rooms were visited by the maid daily but we were rarely given more water/juice/toilet roll as we needed. The room also was not cleaned so much as the towels changed.
The rooms themselves are tiny and have very little storage as mentioned in previous reviews. The decor is dated and quite tacky - black pvc headboard with diamantes?!
If you manage to get a cheap deal here for a week, say £300, I think it's ok. But two weeks in this hotel was too long and we could get better hotels towards Icmeler for the same or less than what we paid.
Finally, Marmaris is very touristy and tacky. Most of the bars/restaurants offer the same foods and there were few genuinely nice places to eat or drink.

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank Fiona M

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I would also like to thank you for your comments regarding the food served and the cleanliness of the Hotel. Ideal Piccolo is a small boutique style Hotel away from the hub and noise of Marmaris, it is also advertised as an adults only 16+ Hotel and all guests are welcomed. I do hope that you will visit us again in perhaps another Hotel in the IPHOTELS group that may better süit your requirements. On behalf of my Team here at Ideal Piccolo, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel was immaculately clean, staff were so friendly and kind, they made me feel so important. Food was good a little repetitive but okay. There was a safety issue for me which I am in process of sorting. I hope.
I would return and hope to go so next year.
The entertainment was poor and so went to the bars locally. The Pop In, Hells Kitchen was by far the best with the waiters entertaining you by dancing which of course you are encouraged to join in.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
iphotels, Guest Relations Manager at Ideal Piccolo, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your holiday review posted on the Tripadvisor website.
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of the Hotel and the friendliness of the staff. I do hope that you will return in the future and on behalf of my Team at Ideal Piccolo, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for 7 nights. We could not have been happier! For us the food was just right, a good mix of fish, meat and veg and plenty of fresh salad everyday but no meal was the same. Desserts were lush too.
As for the drinks...we were chuffed with the cocktails, there weren't many choices but we settled on our favourite and stuck to that (Malibu sunset!).
The food and beverage staff were great, attentive and friendly and always made sure we had our Malibu sunsets!

The pool and restaurant were both clean and our room was cleaned every day.

The hotel even left a fruit platter and bottle of wine in our room as a belated birthday gift for myself.

The bed was a little too hard for us and there wasn't much storage space but these are the only things we could grumble about.

We have already recommended the hotel to others and will definitely consider coming back (in a slightly cooler month!).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Good evening,
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on Tripadvisor.
I would also like to thank you for the wonderful comments that you have made regarding the friendliness of the staff and the food and beverages that you have enjoyed. I do hope that you will join us again in the future and on behalf of my Team here at Ideal Piccolo, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.