2,134 results
All reviewssky baraquarium restaurantgarden viewgreat hotelswiss hotelturkeynice gardenoutdoor poolbusiness tripthe executive loungecomfortable roomssea frontlots of restaurantsspafacilitiesequinoxcity
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Hotel on the whole very good. Our room was very big, comfortable bed and enjoyed the room. Staff couldn't be more helpful. We had a room at the exclusive Swiss club. When I did book it on tripadviser, it said breakfast was not included. I called the hotel but it was stated that if we paid €20+ each, we could have breakfast. But when we arrived, we found out that not only breakfast was included, we also had tea and sandwiches included in the executive club lounge between 2:00-5:00, + all alcoholic drinks and snacks were free from 6:00-8:00. This was unexpected and we were very pleased. So on the whole, definitely recommend the exclusive club room, which is slightly expensive but worth it. The rooms are not huge but are pleasantly decorated with a big and very comfortable bed. The bathroom had both a bath and shower. The hotel is obviously proud of its' art collection and it certainly lifts an already comfortable hotel. The location is good. Only one restaurant was open and it was o.k. Certainly not great. However service throughout the hotel was excellent. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Swiss exclusive club
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Rıza E, General Manager at Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your comments regarding our hotel and staff during your visit. We are delighted to hear that you were happy with our property.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Swissôtel Büyük Efes, İzmir Hotel Management

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is faultless. The rooms are large and clean, the bathroom is huge and molten brown toiletries are a nice touch. The hotel smells lovely as you walk around. The sky bar on the top floor has amazing views out to the sea. We had the use of the executive lounge where the service was perfect, drinks, food, tea, nespresso all that you need. All restaurants in the hotel were of a very high standard as well. The swimming pool is large and clean with a great pool side bar.
Location of the hotel is great for shops and short walks to bars and restaurants. Only a couple of streets away is the capital of wedding dress shopping!!!!
We will definitely use Swiss Hotels again. If you are in Izmir I would book this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing Swissôtel Büyük Efes as your home during your visit to Izmir. Thank you very much for taking time to share your comments. It is nice to know that you enjoyed staying in our hotel. Looking forward to welcoming you back in Swissôtel Büyük Efes for your recent visit to Izmir.

Swissôtel Büyük Efes, İzmir Hotel Management

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Exceptionally well located hotel, great outdoors gardens and art work, friendly staff and very good rooms, beds and water pressure in showers. Arriving by car is a bit tricky as the main vehicular entrance is closed and replaced by arrival in the parking area to the back of the hotel

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with swissotel.com
Rıza E, General Manager at Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear okabbani183,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Swissôtel Büyük Efes.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We were on a 2 weeks trip to turkey with friends and the experience at this hotel was pretty average - firstly they woofed up my reservation - I had booked 2 rooms from the hotel website directly and it was a refundable booking - but 4 days before our arrival they charged my card for one of the rooms - I called them immediately but they denied that they have charged my card - then I was convinced that I have been charged fraudulently and I had to call my bank and they blocked my card. In fact the bank confirmed that it is the hotel which charged me - I had to call the hotel 5 times and then I send them mails and finally they confirmed that they had charged me for one of the rooms for the entire stay due to some issue in their system - when I arrived the hotel I wanted an explanation to the whole issue as I was not able to use my card for 4 days and had to rely on my friends to pay for my hotel and other charges - I was met with the guest relation manager who was more worried that my pitch is high and just asked me to share the mail communications with the hotel - also she was surprised why we came to Izmir if we are tourist ! Anyhow after I did that they still didn't understand what is the exact issue and I have given up now - don't want to waste time on this any more !

The room was pretty average size although I had confirmed with the reservation manager that all rooms are pretty standard - the buffet breakfast spread was decent although being a vegetarian there are not much option in Turkey !

One more thing we rented a car to drive to the hotel from the airport and the hotel entrance is almost impossible to find - the main lobby was off limits to cars and the entrance was at the back side with no signage and no one to guide us - we spent half hour to get to the hotel which was right in front of us !

Their was no personal touch whatsoever - maybe we had high expectations as we had just arrived from the Four Seasons Istanbul - but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone specially tourists !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bharat G
Rıza E, General Manager at Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear Mr. Bharat G,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience following your recent stay at The Swissôtel Büyük Efes.

At The Swissôtel, we all take great pride in providing our guests with the highest standards of service, therefore we are very sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion; please allow us to express our sincere apologies.

After checking all reservation details we have noticed that your reservation via our swissotel.com website was booked as two separate non-refundable rooms and guaranteed by your credit card. Afterwards it was changed to flexible reservations, but unfortunately you changed only one reservation with the extra flexible package. As a system applied to all other non-refundable reservations, the payment of the second room was settled as a non-refundable reservation with the credit card issued during the reservation process. The problem we are handling with occurred due to your credit card limit which is unfortunately not under our influence. After noticing the amount withdrawn from your credit card, you got in touch with our Reservation Office. Describing the procedure applied, we offered a refundable fee for the second reservation as well, but you preferred to use the amount for two reservations as non-refundable again. Additionally we acceded to receive the payment of the second non-refundable reservation upon arrival which is normally paid before arrival.

Please, rest assured that we will do our best to make your next stay a more comfortable and pleasant one because our guests deserve the best. We will be happy to offer you a 50 % discount or “Buy 3 Pay 2” promotion on our SPA treatments, just to make you experience the unforgettable moments at Swissôtel.

Although we may not always enjoy receiving negative feedback, it certainly allows us to continuously review the services we provide and help us to concentrate our training efforts where needed to build the confidence and skills of our colleagues.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and we hope to have the opportunity of warmly welcoming you again to The Swissôtel Büyük Efes in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I live in Istanbul and I am coming often to Izmir for business
I always stay at Swissotel and will continue to do it
The location is perfect, the hotel has everything you need to enjoy and relax
A fully equipped gym, a perfect spa, I recommend the nail studio, the girl working there is the best one on her job
The staff from reception to restaurant, from housekeeping to waiters, all with a smile and a friendly professional attitude
Thx for another amazing stay and see you in September again

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Rıza E, Manager at Swissotel Buyuk Efes Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear Mr. Cirrincione,

Thank you so much for this amazing review. It is always a pleasure to see our frequent guests having felt comfortable and enjoyed their stay with us.

Please, do not hesitate to contact the Guest Relations if there is anything we can do for you during your next accomodations. We will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,