“No Pressure, Amazing Prices/Quality & Friendly Service”
Review of Rose Carpet Shop

Rose Carpet Shop
Ranked #8 of 23 Shopping in Goreme
Reviewed 21 March 2015

Decided to walk into this shop last minute before leaving Goreme back to Istanbul. With no prior knowledge about how to spot high quality, genuine carpets/kilms, I was hesitant to enter any shop during my stay in Turkey. The staff at Rose Carpet Shop were helpful, incredibly knowledgeable and not in the least pushy when it came to purchasing. They were enthusiastic about teaching me about the various types, meanings and uses for their rugs and other handwoven items. Everything was well priced and I even left with a sheet that described each symbol on my camel bag, which is now hanging on my wall as an art piece. (I did not end up buying a rug as I was too overwhelmed by all the beautiful choices!) I would highly recommend this shop if you're looking to get away from the tourist traps filled with pushy sellers and no way of telling if the items are genuine, local and handmade.

2  Thank Kati V

Reviewed 12 January 2015

This carpet shop is top notch. As other reviewers have noted, the owner, Hasan, is fair and genuine. There is no pressure to buy the rugs, and he will pull out rug after rug and share with you the beauty of the rugs. He is extremely knowledgeable, and he has a wide selection of rugs. We purchased several, and have no regrets!

2  Thank Thetravelingbird
Reviewed 6 September 2014

Hasan is the owner who also owns the Vineyard Cave Hotel. His hospitality is evident as he proudly displays genuine Turkish carpets for your review. There is no pressure to buy and some limited negotiation is okay. But, it is not as you would find in many other carpet shops. The prices are fair. Expect to look at genuine Turkish carpets with a written guarantee of authenticity and safe shipping. My approach to buying Turkish carpets is simple. Set a budget in your mind and don't go over it. Let them know the size and colors you are interested in and let them show you what they have. Then, buy it if you like it. Be sure to ask about the carpet itself. The culture of Turkey is important and evident in each carpet. Hasan is proud to explain their meaning and history. We bought two as family gifts. Also, please stop across the street at his cousin's sidewalk shop. Hulya and Umit have many lovely handmade items to offer you at very fair prices. Don't negotiate. Just purchase what you like at their stand. Buy some as gifts for others or for your own pleasure. I highly recommend Rose Carpets and the sidewalk shop across the street. Just ask Rose Carpets and they will point you to the right stand.

1  Thank PersonalTravels
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Rose is a nice place to buy carpets in Cappadocia. Hasan, the owner, is knowledgeable and low-key, and we did not experience the typical hard sell of most carpet dealers. He has a good selection of carpets, and will negotiate fair prices.

1  Thank JACTLosAngeles_CA
Reviewed 9 February 2014

There is great variety and a wide selection of prices. Hasan Bey and his son, Osman, run this shop and were incredible to work with. We ended up buying our first Turkish rug after a few previous opportunities that didn't feel right. They do a great job of educating you on the process of rugs & show a lot of variety. Never once did we feel pressure to buy and Osman was very patient as we compared and looked at rugs. In the end we purchased our first rug and are forever grateful for Osman & his father for this wonderful experience.

3  Thank Yakup A