Hotel Des Etrangers
Orbitz.com
Kolin Hotel(Canakkale)
Hotel Helen Park(Canakkale)
Gizem Pansiyon(Canakkale)(Great Value!)
All reviewsboutique hotelbit noisy at nightnight shiftuniversity townfriendly hotelbreakfast was excellentconvenient locationwithin walking distancecafesnoiseferrydardanellesgallipolitroy
Reviewed 9 September 2016

We loved everything about this hotel - from the quaint rooms, to the balcony, to the quiet breakfast. The hospitality of the staff was exceptional - even by Turkish standards. We were traveling with our toddler, and at every turn, the staff went out of our way to make us feel welcome, and to show our toddler special attention. The location is great - right downtown near the walk and very close to the ferry (which takes you to the Galipoli Penninsula).
If you want creature comforts, this hotel could be a little rustic for you. Our room had air conditioning, which worked fine, but struggled to keep up with the warm humid air in August. The rooms are not remarkably spacious - the building is old, and while very well-kept, the rooms are sized appropriately. Still, we had plenty of room for us and our toddler, who was sleeping on a full-size twin bed/cot they brought in.
When I return to Canakkale, I'll certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I stayed here only one night, while on a solo motorcycle trip through Turkey. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful -- finding me a safe spot to park my motorcycle, helping me print boarding passes, and even moving my room at the last minute (more on that in a second). The hotel itself is historic, quaint and charming, overlooking one of the streets near the waterfront in Canakkale; the architectural style and the wrought-iron balconies overlooking the street give it almost a French Quarter/New Orleans feel. The breakfast was tasty and expansive, with fresh-baked breads and pastries. The only downside -- the balcony rooms overlooking the streets are VERY noisy. I was getting up early the next morning and needed to turn in early (before midnight), but the traffic going by on the street was very loud. I normally sleep with earplugs, but even those weren't enough. However, I asked the staff if I could move to a different room, and they moved me to one on the other side of the hotel, overlooking the smaller street in the back. There are restaurants, cafes and nightclubs on this street, and some of that noise filtered in, but it was not nearly as loud as the noise from the street itself. If you are an extremely light sleeper or turn in early, you should definitely enquire about quieter rooms.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms overlooking the street are VERY noisy - traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Great service - operated by a nice couple with a friendly staff. Breakfast is delicious with home made cake and pastry. Location is convenient; the only downside is that the close by restaurants gets a bit noisy at night. The rooms are nicely decorated, a bit tiny though.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We had 2 nights at this little jewel of a hotel
Great location with lots of restaurants within 400 metres
Staff really welcoming and helpful
Not a corporate hotel just great old fashioned service that made you feel at home
Only 200 metres to the ferry terminal

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2016

In our trip from Istanbul to Izmir we stayed one night in Çanakkale. It was our first long road and I was pleased to find that the hotel my sister booked is like a sweet little apparment in Paris. The house itself looks like old Paris, the room, even the smallest ones (I was in a single room, my sister and her husband got a double room with a huuuuuge balcony) are retro-style with retro-phones, retro shower and very comfortable bed.

Workers are kind and very friendly, they helped us through our short stay and we were able to get our breakfest at the late hours (since we had a little too much to drink the night before :) ), like an hour before the check-out, as soon as we came down the stairs, they served us the breakfast. We were asked to choose how we'd like our eggs, as for the rest of it - it was a typical turkish breakfast with lots of eeeverything. Bread, cheese, meet, vegetibles, jam, honey - it was surprising how everything fit on the small retro-table

From the balcony we were able to see a part of sea, and it was a sweet bonus)) Balcony was huge, with a nice little table and two chairs.

Room Tip: Get the rooms with balcony - they are amazing
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends