All reviews boutique hotel bit noisy at night night shift university town friendly hotel breakfast was excellent convenient location within walking distance cafes noise ferry dardanelles gallipoli troy
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I stayed here only one night, while on a solo motorcycle trip through Turkey. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful -- finding me a safe spot to park my motorcycle, helping me print boarding passes, and even moving my room at the last minute (more on that in a second). The hotel itself is historic, quaint and charming, overlooking one of the streets near the waterfront in Canakkale; the architectural style and the wrought-iron balconies overlooking the street give it almost a French Quarter/New Orleans feel. The breakfast was tasty and expansive, with fresh-baked breads and pastries. The only downside -- the balcony rooms overlooking the streets are VERY noisy. I was getting up early the next morning and needed to turn in early (before midnight), but the traffic going by on the street was very loud. I normally sleep with earplugs, but even those weren't enough. However, I asked the staff if I could move to a different room, and they moved me to one on the other side of the hotel, overlooking the smaller street in the back. There are restaurants, cafes and nightclubs on this street, and some of that noise filtered in, but it was not nearly as loud as the noise from the street itself. If you are an extremely light sleeper or turn in early, you should definitely enquire about quieter rooms.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms overlooking the street are VERY noisy - traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Great service - operated by a nice couple with a friendly staff. Breakfast is delicious with home made cake and pastry. Location is convenient; the only downside is that the close by restaurants gets a bit noisy at night. The rooms are nicely decorated, a bit tiny though.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We had 2 nights at this little jewel of a hotel
Great location with lots of restaurants within 400 metres
Staff really welcoming and helpful
Not a corporate hotel just great old fashioned service that made you feel at home
Only 200 metres to the ferry terminal

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2016

In our trip from Istanbul to Izmir we stayed one night in Çanakkale. It was our first long road and I was pleased to find that the hotel my sister booked is like a sweet little apparment in Paris. The house itself looks like old Paris, the room, even the smallest ones (I was in a single room, my sister and her husband got a double room with a huuuuuge balcony) are retro-style with retro-phones, retro shower and very comfortable bed.

Workers are kind and very friendly, they helped us through our short stay and we were able to get our breakfest at the late hours (since we had a little too much to drink the night before :) ), like an hour before the check-out, as soon as we came down the stairs, they served us the breakfast. We were asked to choose how we'd like our eggs, as for the rest of it - it was a typical turkish breakfast with lots of eeeverything. Bread, cheese, meet, vegetibles, jam, honey - it was surprising how everything fit on the small retro-table

From the balcony we were able to see a part of sea, and it was a sweet bonus)) Balcony was huge, with a nice little table and two chairs.

Room Tip: Get the rooms with balcony - they are amazing
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

This small hotel is pleasant enough, but must be theabsolute best location visiting this interesting area. It is just a few steps from the waterfront Boulevard which is the most interesting place in the town. The best restaurant two minutes away and overlooking the Bosporus. Everyone comes here to visit the historical sites in Gallipolis, which is just short ferry ride away with your own car or with a tour group.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple