Sealight Resort Hotel
USD 165*
USD 206*
USD 90*
USD 85*
Hotel Istankoy Kusadasi(Kusadasi)(Great Value!)
USD 54*
USD 74*
USD 65*
Priceline
1,405 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantspool barmain restaurantturkeyanimation teamsuperior roomladies beachnext yearprivate beachflat breadgreat holidayice creamsaladgames roomsea viewsoft drinkschicken
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I stayed with my husband and his parents for 10 days in September 2011. We had been to Kusadasi a few years earlier and had always wanted to stay at his hotel as we were told it was one of the best in Kusadasi.
I personally thought the buffet food and choice was excellent. The soups were always great (especially the broccoli) and there was a very large selection of fresh breads. The salad choice was the best I'd ever come across in an all inclusive and we have stayed at many many of them.
The cakes were awesome!!! I can't believe how nice they were and the choice was vast. There is a cake and ice cream shop within the hotel which is open 12-9pm (not sure if this varies by peak/low season). The cakes, desserts and ice creams are all part of the all-inclusive package, which is highly unusual.
The hotel is kept extremely clean and our room was cleaned every day without fail and to a high standard.
The pool is very large and we were always able to find a sun lounger, even if we didn't get up until late morning. The pool though was very cold! There is a salt water pool and a fresh water pool.
There were always loads of sun loungers on the many levels that go down to the private beach. The beach is a bit of a walk, down some steep stone steps, but good exercise, especially on the way up! However if you are not into walking up and down hills, there is a little golf buggy which runs up and down the hill all day long from behind the pool bar down to the fish/beach restaurant.
There are various sections to the sea. There is a main private beach with watersports as well as other sections all around the bottom of the hotel. The beach is not very large but it is sandy. There are nice little touches like showers and water machines dotted about around the different levels. Btw, the sunloungers are much comfier down by the beach than the ones round the pool.
We tried all of the a la carte restaurants during our stay. I believe you can go to each of them once during a stay of at least 1 week.
The fish restaurant was not that great except from the fried calamari, which was very nice!
The Italian was quite nice and the waiter was very funny and made the evening more enjoyable. The tortellini was the best dish.
The Turkish restaurant was nice as long as you love meat! There were some mezes which came out as a starter with some bread. Then one type of kebab would come out after another afetr another! I lost count! Some of the kebabs were excellent, like the lamb kofte, but others not so good. I didn't enjoy the dessert in there either, but we were stuffed after all the meat!
Do not miss out on the Chinese! It was head and shoulders above the other 3 restaurants, which I must admit did surprise me! All 3 courses were delicious. I recommend the sesame chicken starter and the steak or chicken mains! Both were excellent and tasted very authentic.The steak came out on a sizzling plate and the portions were very big.
I would advise you to book the a la carte restaurants up at the beginning of your holiday. You can do this at the desk opposite the reception.
We paid extra for a sea view room, whereas my husband's parents did not and I'm glad we did. We had a great view over the pool and sea. They had a pretty miserable view in comparison.
The rooms were very clean and had all the facilities you would expect, including a mini bar which was topped up everyday with soft drinks and water. The bathroom was very clean and the shower was always hot and powerful. The safety deposit box was also included, and no deposit was needed either which made a nice change.
The bars were very nice and there was a good choice of drinks, including local spirit cocktails, which is not always part of all inclusive hotels in Turkey.
The coffee in the buffet restaurant was awful but there is a coffee bar at the end of the lobby bar near the reception. The coffee here is much better and they will make capuccinos etc.
It was always nice to have a coffee with some cake from the cake shop in the afternoon after a day by the pool.
We got the taxi into Kusadasi centre several times. The taxi cost on average 15 lira, about £6-7, so cheaper if there are 4 of you and much quicker than getting the dolmus. There is a taxi rank right outside the hotel, so we never needed to arrange one with reception.
There is wifi throughout the hotel. We managed to get a decent signal from the lobby, pool and our room which was handy. Ask reception for the password.
The entertainment was also pretty good, considering we were there end of sept/beginning of oct. The head of entertainment is a very funny man and a little bit crazy! He's from an acting background and put on some good shows with his friendly animation team. There were also some good shows brought in from outside of the hotel, such as a circus show (with snakes and acrobats) and a turkish show, with traditional and belly dancers. There was also a bingo and karaoke night outside by the pool bar. The disco had good music but was always very empty.
I would highly recommend the excursion to Pamukkale. It's quite a long drive, but we had a fantastic tour guide who kept us entertained on the way there and back. The place is amazing and a world heritage site. Look it up and you'll see the amazing landscape of it!
The only areas I feel the hotel could improve on is the general service. The staff seemed so busy, especially in the buffet restaurant. They couldn't keep on top of the cleaning of tables and getting drinks for the guests. I feel they need more staff as we weren't even there during their busy period.
When compared with other hotels we have stayed in Turkey, the staff just weren't as friendly and fun, but always polite and professional.
All in all, I found this hotel very good value for money and would stay there again and would definitely recommend it and visiting Pamukkale, to anyone thinking about going to Kusadasi.

Room Tip: It's worth paying the extra for a sea view room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
20  Thank lisabailey28
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I can't tell if it worths the money, because I went with an excursion. But I can say it's not 5 stars, is more like a 4 stars resort. It doesn't have the amenities that a 5 stars should have. The only thing that I can complain about is the buffet service.
The staff in reception is rude and doesn't know how to deal with the client. They offered a couple a twin room, although good, it had separated beds, and once we complained they gave us the worst room with queen bed, with view to a wall, and not with the same amenities that the previous had, and claimed to have only this room available, what probably was not true in a +200 rooms hotel during low season.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank luizaqueroga
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Highly recommended. Good service, food etc. Good exercise going down to the beach and back..

Room Tip: top floor beach side
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kemal u
Reviewed 2 November 2011

The Sealight resort hotel,was everything you could want , the hotel is so well serviced ,the reception, the bar staff ,the maid service, the poolbar staff are great especially Musel ,the dining room waitors, top class, we were, all inclusive, the food choice is pretty good,lots to choose from,don`t go with diet in mind. The overall layout of the hotel from reception to the beach is great......

Room Tip: Pool view, third floor
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Yorkshire2186
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Just returned from the Sealight Resort where we stayed for one week commencing the 22nd of October, this was the last week of the season.
I chose the Sealight based upon these reports so think that it is only fair that I add my experiences.

Having read previous reviews I can agree with a lot of what people have written.
the hotel is kept extremely clean, the cakes are to die for, the beds are hard, (but I didnt mind)the coffee was awful, although on the last morning, we chose black coffee from the machine and topped it up from an urn of hot milk across the way which made it more palletable, though whether this urn is there other than at breakfast I can't say.

So just to summarise a few points.
Room,
we booked a superior room just for a bit of extra space, this was on the ninth floor
the room was large with a seating area plus robes and slippers
the balcony was large too with a teriffic view over the pool
the only downside being that, when siting on the balcony, there was a constant noise from the vents above the kitchens, the room was cleaned daily to a high standard
we did the alacarte nghts at the Chinese and Italian, we are vegetarian so side stepped the fish restaurant ( though we did have lunch there during the day, they served sandwhiches, pizzas and pasta, plus chips and burgers) and we were told that the Turkish restaurant was mainly meat so we missed that out too, but we were told by fellow guests that the Turkish restaurant was excellent. We found the Italian ok but but thats about all, the Chinese however was surprisingly good.
In the Sunrise restaurant, at breakfast we found a good choice of food with scrambled, fried and boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, yogurt, american pancakes and of course bread which was delicious both as it came and toasted.
on our first day we had late breakfast in the winter gardens, where the choice was severely limited, but we had been delayed and didnt arrive at the hotel until 3AM so had a lie in
at lunchtime the resturant was quiet, the same in the evening
as I said we are vegetarian, but we found that there was always a good choice of salads, not just tomato and cucumber but a wide variety in a number of veggies in various dressings, also we were never short of vegetable dishes and there was always a soup and pasta which we could have.
However, Tuesday was a different story, we were advised that as the holiday season was coming to a close, they were taking in coach trips on one night stop overs
on the Tuesday there were around 400 people, on the Wednesday 800 and we were told that on the Thursday there were a 1000 'trippers' staying over. they used to arrive between around 3-6pm, have a wander round, then elbow their way (literally) in and around the restaurant.
as a result the restaurant was absolutely heaving with some groups struggling to find seats together.
Trips
we went on a half day to Ephesus which was excellent, the guide knew his stuff and a half day was just enough.
Entertainment
in the 'lounge bar' as anticipated from previous reviews the 'girls' were there on piano and violin
the random entertainment was in the large hall across from reception.
Sunday night was bingo, which we didnt attend. Monday night was supposed to be a Santana tribute band so we went in, only to be advised that it was actually Dance Night.
now this hall must hold 500 plus people, there was only six of us (four dancing) but we made a fist of it before sort of starting a mini conga back to the bar, anyway I won't bore you with all of our experience but suffice to say that the Turkish night was the best of all.
the entertainment finished around 9.40 when we were advised to go to the Winter gardens for the movie, this was ok, in English with German subtitles, though the evening usually took its toll on us before the end of the movie.
the actual Winter Gardens (not the bar bit) was closed from Monday for re-tiling
but other than this, there was no sign of things being wound down for the end of the season,
although we were told that during the Summer there were events in the amphitheatre.
Leisure
we were fortunate that the weather was great and we used to head toward the beach most afternoons. I did like the way all of the terraces were laid out, with only about 20 or so loungers in each area.
we went to the gym one morning, which was adequately equipped, we also went to the spa
I think our biggest disappointment of the holiday was that the indoor pool, which looked great on the web site but was absolutely freezing, honest the sea was warmer also you had to pay for the steam room.
we used to have a couple of games of pool in the evening before dinner which were free and generally this area was pretty quiet, although this area was open until 10pm, the bowling lanes were only open until 5.30 when the guy who knew how to fix them if the broke down went home.
General
We found all of the staff friendly and hepful, we never struggled to get a drink promptly and the front desk were very good giving advice, directions etc.
We had a walk to Ladies beach, but this had started to wind down, but ok for a walk and a coffee
we went into Kusadasi a couple of times both by Taxi and Dolmus (excuse spelling)
I think that this is the first country that I have been in where I havent been ripped off by a taxi driver. At the main rank in town, they have a list of al of the hotels and the fares, which personally I thought was pretty good.
Guys, you have to have a Turkish shave, it is a real experience (enjoyable) and reasonably priced at between 10-15 lire £3-£4.50 Stirling

Would I go back to Kusadasi, definately
Would I go back to the Starlight, definately, BUT not at this time of year as the coach parties took the edge off our enjoyment

Hope you find this useful
Cheers

Oh by the way, before I went I learnt a bit of Turkish, which was appreciated by the staff

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple