See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2015

From the moment I checked in Minay hotel to the moment I checked out, I had a terrific time, one of the most memorable vacations at a great value. I came to Kusadasi altogether with the group of 40 people and we were all over in different hotels and according to their complaints and stories, we in Minay hotel had the best possible accommodation, service and food. We were only 5 minutes to the busiest Ladies beach with great hotspots to eat. And we were 10 minutes from the center by bus (dolmus in Turkish) and I loved it. I came here to have some peaceful time enjoying in sunset and sunrise, beach walking, chill coffee time etc. So the idea to pick this Minay hotel was absolutely preciuos and no money could buy it. I was on the right place with the right people. The truth is this hotel is the best option if you're not looking for luxurious, spacious suites with A-list hotel facilities. The whole hotel staff are extremely friendly, I would mention Isa, the owner, such a great guy, so knowledgeable, an amazing story teller, a pleasant company to have, great listener, so humble, simple and down-to-earth that I'd never say he's the owner. Isa, if you're reading this, I wanna say hi from your American girl as you called me( because of white hat I wore almost all time) and my American English accent probably. I exceptionally enjoyed in turkish meals with typical turkish spices and late night coffee at pool bar, having nice chilling talks, sharing stories and experiences. All in all, my Kusadasi time was adorable. This was everything I payed for, it was worth every penny.

Room tip: Double rooms on the east side with a spectacular sunset/sunrise view.
Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank EllaMinella
Reviewed 3 November 2014

Returned from a 10 day stay at Hotel Minay a couple of weeks ago and I have to say my experience was very good! Minay is only a short walk from ladies beach but being up the hill offered great views (particularly of the sunsets) but were also quiet. If you can, get a room on one of the top 2 floors overlooking the pool as that's where the best views are. Room was basic, but comfortable and clean, and had a lovely balcony and free aircon. Shower, toilet etc. were similarly basic, but serviced adequately. Breakfast was a typical turkish buffet affair, but after 2 days (when the hotel was only 1/4 full) we were also offered freshly made omelettes every day - a real bonus. We didn't use the restaurant in the evening - preferring to walk down to Ladies beach and choose from around 10 different restaurants there, or allowing a town centre restaurant to pick us up and drop us off! So what makes my rating very good (bordering on excellent)? Quite simply the staff. Jesus (yes that really is his name) could not have been more accomodating and his staff were equally helpful. Changing our room so we got the best views of the spectacular sunsets, recommending & booking restaurants, chasing up our transport when it was late (which it invariably was) or just chatting by the pool with a coffee at the end of the day (Jesus doesn't drink alcohol). We will be back - if you choose to go to this hotel it's also a good option to book independently and this would be particularly true for transfers. Local Taxis were 1/2 the price of a pre-booked tour operator private transfer and Jesus can book these for you too. Go - if you're not looking for luxury but are looking for friendly, quiet, great location you can't go far wrong. Incidentally early October is a great time to go as temperatures are very pleasant (27/28 degrees) the hotels are 1/4 full and, for those of my age (54) there are few children about to spoil the peace. Thanks for reading this. If you go - tell Jesus that Mark and Shirley (the writer and the painter) send their regards and thanks - he'll know who you mean!

Room tip: 4th or 5th floor overlooking the pool to take advantage of the spectacular sunset (around 6:30 in October).
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 12 October 2014

We were on a tour of Turkey, and spent 10 days at the Miinay Hotel in Kusidasi Turkey with 1/2 board.The good points include location which is very close to Ladies Beach with many shops and restaurants. There is bus service downtown for about 50 cents and it comes about every 10 minutes. The staff and owner/ manager are great and very friendly. Meals are ok with many salads, and selections, but the seaside restaurants are great and very reasonable. The room is better than most 3 stars, clean, maid service daily, with good A/C. I would return, but without the 1/2 board because the restaurants are so fantastic.

Room tip: try to book top floor. Price is the same, but the views are wonderful.
Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a two week holiday with two friends on a half board basis and overall there was very little to complain about other than if you want a hectic fun filled holiday with lots of English guests then this is not the place to stay however if you require a quite lazy relaxing "chilling out holiday" then this is very much the place to be.
The staff namely co owner Jesus, yes that his is name, Arif, who gives a brilliant Turkish bath and massage and Hassain are all extremely nice and helpful and can't do enough for you.
The pool and bar area is nice and never to busy, in fact on a number of occasions we had the pool all to ourselves from 10 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon as other guests were either on day trips out or down at Ladies Beach which is just a 10 minute stroll away. The prices at the bar are either the same or very competitive with other local bars or supermarkets so there is no need to carry bottles of water back from the beach or to venture out from the hotel to buy them. As the English are in the minority here the food is geared very much to the European style of cuisine so don't expect a full English breakfast or chips with everything but boiled eggs for breakfast with cereals and salad etc and much the same for dinner with the eggs and cereal replaced with a hot meal, usually not that hot though unless you time it when the food is brought out, and which usually has rice and pasta included. After a fortnight this became very repetitive but there are a number of bars nearby which all serve meals of a high standard and are cheap.
We stayed in rooms 301 and 302 which gave a small view of the sea from the balcony but mainly views of the residential area there and although not brilliant they were more than adequate for what we required with everything in working order.
Overall it is a nice place to stay but it's a case of if you have anything to complain or are not happy about then do so to Jesus as does his best to ensure that all guests are as happy as can be.
One thing for which nothing can be done about is that the hotel is very near to a mosque so you have a rude awaking each morning at 5am with the call to prayers and on at least four other occasions throughout the day.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Nigel G
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at hotel minay on a solo trip, the staff were fab and provided me with everything I needed. The rooms were clean and shower was superb! I would definitely stay again! Excellent value for money and only 5 min walk to the beach! Ladies beach is such a lovely place I would recommend to anyone. Thanks for having me Jesus, Fatih and Thailand :) x

Date of stay: April 2014