“Two wonderful weeks in Turkey”

TUI BLUE Palm Garden
Ranked #2 of 334 Hotels in Manavgat
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My family spent in the Iberotel Palm Garden two wonderful weeks from the 7th of July till the 20th of July in 2011. And what I’d like to say is that this hotel is perfect for families, which want to spend nice time somewhere by the sea and enjoy beautiful sceneries, nice weather and high-quality service.
Our unforgettable holiday in this hotel began with a welcome drink, which we were offered to have, as soon as we have entered hotel’s reception. It was very delicious, unusual and invigorative. For sure, I realize that this was nothing more than a pleasant kickshaw, but still it helped us to understand that we were welcome guests and to feel free.
Hotel consists of a certain amount of bungalows situated on the right and left sides of the main alley, which begins from the hotel’s reception, passes main restaurant, swimming pool, snack bar and ends by the sea. Near each of the bungalows you can find a sign with an animal on it (dog, elephant, frog etc). This is very convenient, because your children may forget your room number, but they will certainly remember an animal on the sign. So they won’t get lost. Rooms in this hotel are quite spacious, very comfortable and cozy. They are also nicely decorated and tidy.
Hotel’s exterior is really well-groomed, that is why it looks miracle. There are a lot of exotic trees, bushes and flowers. Birds sing their lovely songs and small lizards cross paths from time to time. When evening comes and the lamps outside turn on, everything looks absolutely magnificent.
The food in the main restaurant is delicious and its variety is quite impressing. You can always find a lot of vegetable dishes, as well as meat, fish, huge variety of pasta, cakes, desserts and tasty fruits. Everything is fresh and yummy. Sometimes it’s even difficult to choose. What is more, each supper is usually thematic, in other words dedicated to this or that country and its national cuisine. So you will be able to try traditional dishes of different countries.
There are also a few bars, which offer delicious drinks during the whole day, as well as a snack bar, where you can have some hamburgers, pizza, spaghetti, salads, fruits, cakes, doughnuts and traditional Turkish pastry gizleme. That is why I think, that it’s almost impossible to get hungry in this hotel. If you are hungry, you just have to choose place, where you would like to have a bite. The only thing is that you have to follow hotel’s dress code: you can’t enter the bar if you are wearing your swimming suit and it’s also not likely to wear shorts and T-shirts for supper. At first we found it a little bit strange, but we soon get accustomed and realized, that it’s much more pleasant to see well-dressed people around you.
There is a sufficient amount of chaise lounges either near the swimming pool or near the sea, so there is no need to wake up early in the morning to occupy some of them for you. There are three swimming pools of a different depth on the hotel’s territory, so families with small children won’t have any problem with that. Hotel’s water slides were quite usual for me, but my children found them very interesting and enjoyed them a lot. What was very important for me is that they were always under the competent supervision of two lifeguards, which were able to succor them at any moment.
Animation program in the hotel was a bit boring. Frankly speaking, children liked it a lot, but animation for adults didn’t impress me. The animation team spoke German, English, Polish and a little bit Russian, but all the night shows and other events were mainly on German. But it is not a problem, because you can improve your German knowledge and your children will certainly learn something new too.
What was especially pleasant for me is that this hotel is trying to do its best to be environmentally friendly. They usually organize different useful campaigns and really take care about the environment. What is more, they encourage their guests to behave the same way calling them upon to use water rationally, throw recyclable rubbish to the special containers, situated here and there and so on. As for me, it is a good example of how people should take care about the environment they live in.
Trade fair is held in the hotel every Sunday. There you can buy a lot of interesting things e.g. traditional Turkish sweets, nice souvenirs for your friends etc. But frankly speaking the prices are quite high. You’d better visit a huge shopping center, located just near the hotel. There you would be able to find the same stuff but for noticeably lower prices.
Hotel staff is really worth my highest praise. Their amicability, politeness and hospitality are actually praiseworthy. The greatest part of hotel workers speaks Turkish, English and German. Some of them know Polish and even Russian. But even if you don’t know any of these languages, they would do everything to understand you, help you and solve your problems if any exist. I should also pay attention to the quality of hotel’s service, which is fast and qualitative, and therefore will be highly estimated even by those, who’ve got accustomed to spend their holidays in the world’s best hotels. People working in this hotel, will certainly do their best to help you, take all your suggestions in consideration and fulfill your wishes. Their helpfulness and courtesy sometimes made me feel, like I’m staying somewhere at a friends of mine.
Even though this hotel was proclaimed as the one rather for Germans and English, there were a lot of guests from Ukraine, Russia and Poland.
All in all, I’d like to say that this hotel was much better than I hoped it would be. My family enjoyed our holiday. We had a great time in the Iberotel Palm Garden and if you ask me, whether I could recommend this hotel to you, I will certainly say yes. If you want to spend great time with your family this hotel is right for you. Have a nice journey!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank R0m

Reviewed 8 October 2010

The Iberotel hotels are the best for families with children. Our children (11 months and 3,5 years old) spent really good time at Iberotel Palm Garden. The main features that make the hotel attractive are as follows: large area, long beach with long sun screens, super animation, good food for children, a lot of plants, entertainment areas, etc.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Komitasha
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I was intrigued to read a review of this hotel from a Brit who was obviously not happy that this was essentially a German holiday hotel. The reviewer was upset that everything was in German!!! The German company Tui has a lot of clients at this hotel complex and the experience reflects this. We went on the recommendation of a work colleague who did a last minute trip in April and, yes, we were the only Brits in the complex.

It was the first all inclusive holiday we had ever been on and it was fantastic from the moment we were dropped off at the reception. Everything was just about perfect. Very friendly staff, excellent facilities, a massive outdoor pool, unlimited food of very good quality , (no queues) and a good selection of drinks and beverages. Very spacious and clean rooms well stocked with soft drinks and water.

OK, so I speak German as I live here but as we did not speak to anyone except staff during the whole week, it did not bother us. The staff speak English and we were treated as royalty as we were the only Brits in the place.

There are a few little bazzars outside this low level complex where one can buy the usual selection of fake goods but otherwise we did see the need to go anywhere. ( I always resist the so called welcome meetings!!!)

In short, a really good all inclusive holiday and we would happily go back.

There was a complete absence of shaved heads, tatoos and chunky jewery (and that's just the women!) so characteristic of the Brits on tour.

If you want a good hotel for the whole family away from the usual larger swilling brigade, this place is for you...

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Uberholt
Reviewed 30 December 2009

Spent 14 days at Iberotel Palm Garden and cant complain.

We arrived at 00.30 in the night, got a welcome drink, were asked if we are hungry (we were not, we needed a good sleep):)
The bags arrived to our room two minutes after us.
We did have a family room, (two separate rooms + toilet and bathroom with shower + balcony). The room was spacious, daily cleaned and very well kept by our maid.
The pool area was also clean and we had no problems with getting sunbeds, towels, etc. I cant complain about anybody ruling the pool, or splashing us. This hotel is oriented mostly on families with children so I would say it is quite quiet. No drunken yougsters etc. Yes of course 75% of guests are German and therefore the club and activities were mostly carried out in German, but we did not have problem talking to the animators in English. Of course children could have problem when not speaking German. In fact we liked the fact there were not many guests from Slovakia.
The beach was OK, with small stones. Again no problems with subeds, towels, ...
But there were two things that made this hotel special to me.
First of all the staff. They were incredible, helpful, smiling, no problem talking with them, sorting all our problems ... Our big thanks goes to guys at reception desk.
Second was the food. Large variety and available whole day long + midnight snack:).
I have to comment the previous report about most of the lunch being cold. The lunch was served on two places, both of them served hot food.
You could also have a coffee and cakes in the afternoon and ice cream. The diners were excelent, loads of food and perfect sweets, pancakes, ...+ each evening had different extra specialities (turkish, seafood, ...)

Quite important is than none of us had any stomach problems (some people complain in countries like Egypt). Overall the food is one of the best things at this hotel.

Another positive is the grounds. You dont live in a big hotel, but 1 floor small buildings (aprox. 30 rooms each) surrounded by lots of green, trees, flowers etc.

The evening programme was in German. As the programme is made for children those not speaking German may have problems i agree with that
Well but as this hotel belongs to TUI, which is German, we were informed about this fact at the time of the booking.
You can use tenis court here, minigolf, table tennis ...

The hotel is really rather isolated, but I would say like most of the summer hotel centres anywhere. There is a shop centre in the front of the hotel (with own ice rink:) ) and with souvenir shop.
We found out that it is cheaper for some products than market in Manavgat. But market in Manavgat (every monday a big one and thursday a small one) is good when yopu need "original" Nike, Puma, or whatever bag, t-shirt etc:D Well and also for typical turkish delights. Of course you MUST bargain with the seller and you can beat down the prices to the half of the first sum.

Also make sure you take a trip to local "Hammamet" massage centres. There is one also in the hotel , but we didnt go there so I cant rate it.

Overall we have spent fantastic 14 days at Iberotel Palm Garden and are looking forward to return some time.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank MicroBTS
Reviewed 15 October 2009

We have just returned from 11 nights at the Iberotel Palm Garden. After there not being many reviews i decided to write mine.
We arrived at the hotel at 2am after being delayed 4 hours on our thomson flight. We booked through beach collection so had a private transfer to the hotel which ment we had no problem checking in on arrival. First impressions of the hotel were very good. The bell boy took us to our rooms on a little golf cart which was fine, our bags arrived 5 minutes later. The rooms were spacious and very clean, we had twin beds and a sofa bed for my 5 year old, my parents had a king size bed and good size room both with balcony looking onto gardens. The bathrooms only have showers, no baths im afraid.
After a good nights slep we went down to breakfast in the large dinning room overlooking the large pool. There was a large selection of food, eggs, pancakes, sausage, cheese, bread and fruit etc. My mum is a big tea drinker and had trouble getting cups of tea as the hotel caters for germans and they dont have milk with their tea or coffee.
After breakfast we went to the pool, no problem getting sunbeds and towels provided, however dont sit next to the slides, you will get soaked.
So, all was good, untill we realised we were the only people in the whole hotel, which is quite large, that were english. My little boy wanted to go to the kids club, hich is fantastic, if your german! After being in their for 10 minutes he came out. All the children were german or russian and the reps spoke hardly any english.
Lunch and tea were vertually the same every day, not a great selection and most of the time cold. I looked forward to breakfast when i could fill up on pancakes and egg.
The entertainment was terrible as it was all in german, at 9.45am, 3.45pm and 8pm the reps would gather round the pool and blast some kind of kids song in german around the pool whilst trying to dance to it, it got very annoying after a couple of days. The evening entertainment was poor as we couldnt understand a word they were saying.
Overall, this hotel is a german hotel and if i were to give advice it would be to avoid, especially if you have children, even the german children were rude and ruled the pool, splashing us at every opportunity.
The beach, well, it nearly ripped my feet the shread as its man made, so as you want to get into it, your walking over stones and rocks so it hurts quite alot, not reccomended.
We did venture out of the hotel but there is nothing in the area, a few shops but nothing special and very expensive. Also there is no where to eat, drink or escape to outside the hotel, your stuck, unless you get a taxi or bus to side or manavgat. We went to the market in manavgat one day, which was good and we got some bargains, and filled up on a burger king whilst there.
The best thing about the hotel was its grounds, lovely grounds and views of the sea, the weather was great and the maids were very good, cleaning every day and changing the towels.
If you do decide to go to this hotel just be prepared to speak to only who you go with and dont expect to much on the food and drink front.
If i were to get a free holiday to this hotel, i really wouldnt go back, if i wanted to holiday with the germans and enjoy their food and their entertainment, i'd go to germany, not the iberotel pal garden.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank CheshireEnglish
Mehmet C, Genel Müdür at TUI BLUE Palm Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2015

Dear Sir,

I answer you after very long time just to inform all our guests who are interested to read negative comments.

Actually you should come here to our Hotel if you're English or where ever you come from.

If you give importance to excellent food, excellent service and cleaning, you should come to us.

If this is not enough reason, please check 98,2% of all positive comments.

In case you've any wish or question, I am here to help you all the time with my 350 Staff .

All my best