3,395 results
All reviews chef de village zen pool water skiing circus team villagio area flying trapeze tennis team water sports punta cana special thanks white night fitness classes turkey crazy signs sports facilities adjoining rooms family holiday
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We took our kids to Palmiye because friend of ours were going to. We didn't expect much especially with 3 little kids to run after ..... Well, my kids were in heaven. Not only thanks to the GOs, but also thanks to JB, the "chef du village", who was present the whole week, welcoming us at every breakfast, lunch or dinner and participating to all events. I will advise every family to go there since the Mini Club is totally very organized and kids ADORED it. A big thanks to Baptiste, Bertrand, Melanie, Anur, Maxime, Amine, Davide and our beloved and adorable SIMONE !!!!! not to mention Fanfan (Francois), and all the magnificent people who prepared everyday's exceptional shows !!!!!
Thank you guys, hope to see some of you next year because kids are already requesting to go back !!!!!!

Room Tip: Book a bungalow noy a hotel room. Bungalows are closer to the Mini Club.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2011

Many thanks to Yimtu, Beverly, Evgenia, Julie, Anna and Alexandra at the Petit (Kids) Club for looking after our children - yopu did a great job. Unfortunately our holiday was wruined by the Petit Club manager Sara who found it more important to express her views than to care about the customer. Palmiye was great but we shall not be returning with Club Med !

8  Thank Jonathan274707
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We loved our stay at palmiye. We enjoyed water ski and windsurfing the most. The atmosphere was excellent and club med palmiye went all out July 14 for French independence. Fireworks, bouncing castles, kermesse for kids, foam party. GOs work very hard and it shows. All this would not have been possible without the wonderful staff of mini club and petit club. We have 3 kids all under 5 years old and mini club and petit club GOs were beyond amazing. Room quality can be further upgraded and room cleaning should be more detailed. We are extremely satisfied and thank palmiye staff for their hospitality and for giving us a memorable vacation.

Reviewed 19 July 2011

I recently travelled to Palmiye with my family, and what an amazing week it was. I came to Palmiye without high expectations, because I knew it was a french resort, and was sceptical as to how well I would cope speaking just English. I can safely say Club Med far exceeded my expectations, and you will cope absolutely fine speaking just english.

The Food - The food at Club Med was exquisite, and was easily five star quality. The choice was splendid, with almost every food you could imagine on offer. There were many themed nights at the restaurants, from turkish night and the fabulous doner kebab, to asian night and the succulent honey chicken, and even world cuisine night with famous cuisines from around the globe. A special mention goes out to the one and only McAhmed who always kept the diners entertained with his cheeky chants and his smooth dance moves. Oh yes, McAhmed sure knew how to get the party started. All in all, the food is some of the best I have ever experienced. The chefs at club med sure know how to cook up a storm.

The GO's - The GO's are the name given to the many resort staff who work hard to make your holiday as amazing as possible. And they really didn't disappoint on our holiday. The GO's were so helpful and such good fun, and were so important in making our holiday as enjoyable as it was. Those that didn't speak much english put a lot of effort into holding a conversation, and it was much appreciated. Those that did speak english made extra sure that they were always on hand to help us. Special mention goes to Idil, who I first met at the excursion centre, where she instantly lured me into the exiting world excursions, and reccomended the canyoning excursion. After really selling the experience to me, I reluctantly parted with my cash, hoping it would be worth it. I have to say, the canyoning excursion was the most fun I have ever had in my life, and it was exactly as Idil had described to me. After bumping into Idil again at the bar on the second day, we went on to spend most evenings together at the bar/club. She was always great fun and introduced us to a lot of the other GO's and guests, and helped us converse with some of the french guests by helping us understand one another. I felt that Idil went the extra mile to make our trip as enjoyable as it could possibly be, and she was definitely the nicest GO that we met in the resort. Another special mention has to go to Chris, one of the first British GO's we met. I first bumped into Chris on the dance floor. We locked eyes from across the room, and I couldn't help noticing how well he moved on the dance floor. He was entertaining everyone with his electric moves, and his world class body pumping. I shimmied up to him at the bar and we shared a few beers, whilst chatting late into the night. It was great to speak to a fellow brit, and he was a good laugh. He was also a real ladies man, and helped introduce me to a lot of hot cougars. Everyone loved chris and I cant say i blame them. Lastly, A special mention to DJ Kevin. He had some sick mixes, and fancied himself as the next tiesto. He loved getting topless and spreading his arms whilst the smoke rose up above him. Classic DJ. Another special mention goes to Maddy who was always at the club in the evenings, and was a good laugh. She was also a top receptionist, always on hand to deal with my queries in a very professional manner. Lastly, special mentions to the photographers Moustache and Hassan. Both were a great laugh, and loved the banter. They put a lot of effort to be present at every event round the resort, always on hand to catch the best shots, whether it was diving off the pontoon, or posing up against the palm trees. Moustache and Hassan were always outside the restaurant in the evenings and would chat to us and keep us entertained.

Activities - The activities in Palmiye were great. I played a lot of tennis, and the advanced session with Gaelle was great. She was good fun, and made sure to repeat everything in english and make sure we understand. The tournaments were also well organised. As for the watersports, they were brilliant. I particularly enjoyed windsurfing, and a special mention goes out to the head of windsurfing from israel. The first day i turned up to windsurf it was very windy, but he still let me have a go, although he said i was painful to watch, because i was so bad!!! This was all in good spirit though, and he went out his way to invite my to the beginners session, where he personally taught me how to windsurf. By the end of the week, he had helped me become a proficient windsurfer, and i was regularly going out alone. He was a good laugh and very good at teaching.

Rooms - Each of my family had our own rooms in the villagio area of the resort. These were very spacious, and each had a large walk in wardrobe, a large bathroom with a great power shower, and a large double bed and plasma tv. The air conditioning was great in the rooms, although i found the double bed to be a bit hard, and the duvet to be a bit thin.

All in all, our week in Palmiye was amazing, and I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone!`

1  Thank oli228
Reviewed 19 July 2011

This place is perfect for families. Kids activities are very satisfying. Sport activites too.. The gardens, the nature, the sea, the location is great. But more than that Club Med is very satisfying, the food, cleanliness, services were very good. BEst place for a family holiday.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family