“Terrible for friends vacation”

Queen's Park Le Jardin Resort
Ranked #36 of 284 Hotels in Kemer
New York City, New York
“Terrible for friends vacation”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

This is a family resort with a bunch of Russian and German tourists wondering around with their kids. The facilities are in terrible shape, e.g. no AC in the gym. I would not recommend for younger people and groups of friends. The food was definitely below any standards, besides the desert part. More like a 2-3 star hotel overall.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank bumblebee021

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Well, I have a big problem with the airline company doing business out of Luxembourg (I am afraid to write the name, knowing they might sue me.) I was in the Le Jardin Hotel in Kemer in September 2010, which was sold as a (European) 4-star hotel. It was HORRIBLE. I would not recommend this hotel or the biggest tourist airline company (Luxembourgish) in Luxembourg:

-- No air conditioning below 26 degrees Celcius in the room (with myself and two kids, it was too hot at night).
-- No air conditioning in the hotel, restaurant, bar, or common areas
-- No Kinderclub except for small children until 5-6 years-old, so there were no activities for my 10 year-old and my 8 year-old (although the Luxembourgish tourism company`s brochure said there was a club until 12 years-old)
-- No alcohol except local wines and beer, and VERY, VERY BAD copies of Baily`s, Amaretto, etc. I was not able to drink them. These copies were FAR below what we can find in LIDL or ALDI in Luxembourg and/or Germany.
-- during the first week the food was OK, we could each find something that we liked, but there weren`t so many choices. A bit of fish, turkey, chicken. Fish was fried. Desserts weren`t fresh and only a few of the decent ones. However, during the second week the food was TERRIBLE - repeat of the food the day before - the food was just warmed up and displayed a second or third day. No attempt was made to keep food cold (cheeses, jogurts, marmelade, etc. began to stink during the second week)
-- mini-bar was filled up once when it was empty. If you took anything more, you had to pay for it.
-- internet access only in the lobby, and then we had to pay 5 EUR for 30 minutes
-- my 8 year-old got sick, and then they wanted 250 EUR to see the doctor, a minimum price, and then the doctor would say, once he saw my son, if we should pay more. (He began to vomit, with diarrehea). I went to a pharmacy around the corner and they gave me something for him.)
-- Cleanliness? They made the beds and gave fresh towels everyday, but that was it. The furniture was old. My sons laughed at the old-style television, no flat screen. They hadn`t seen one like that before.
-- The hotel? Not very pretty, only the lobby had marble, the rest was different, a mixture of carpet, plastic flooring - sometimes all in one room!
-- One main pool, and one kid`s pool with two slides. That was it.

I called the Luxembourg tourist agency with whom I booked from the beach in Turkey and they told me that they could do nothing for me, and that I should speak to the tourist Guide in Kemer, which I did. He told me that I could change the hotel but that I would need to pay a supplement of 350 EUR and during the second week, we would not be in the main hotel, but in an economy room near where the staff slept! I told him NO. My husband also wrote a long letter (in German) while we were still in Turkey to the travel agency, and they did NOTHING to help me (with a sick child). So, I paid for a very expensive holiday, thinking that I had a guarantee of quality when I bought the name of the largest tourist company in Luxembourg, but this was not true.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
12 Thank LesRetirement
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I was very dissapointed about Le Jardin resort. The hotel is very old and needs a lor of restoration and improvements in order to be classified as a five star hotel. Some rooms have vary old and dirty furniture and there is also a bad smell inside. We obtained a better room after asking at the reception,but still, the other facilities of the hotel are far from what you would expect from five stars. The staff are too relaxed as they do not care about the tourists.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Anna609
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 28 October 2005

Excellent animation program (in 2003). Nice pool and very close to beautiful beach. Good snorkeling. Food was good, occasionally excellent. Helpful friendly staff. Get a haircut and hair removal at the salon, that is an experience! The rooms are okay but do not really use the space effectively and the furnishings are average but it is VERY clean. I am extremely picky but I would return to this hotel. Go walking in the tiny pseudo town or take the bus to the bigger town down the road. Take a boat to the market, it goes once a week. Half pension is enough.

• Stayed August 2003