“Favourite holiday . Ever.”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Sundown Villa, Kas

Sundown drinks
Sundown at Sundown
View from the pool
Dining area
View to the side out to sea
Steps down to the bathing platform
Bathing platform
Dining area by the pool
View from balcony of the pool and sea
Kitchen area
Lounge area
Lounge area
Lounge area, with kitchen behind
Third bedroom
Master bedroom
Upstairs bathroom
Second bedroom
Front of the villa
Sea view
Sundown
Front Courtyard
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Em_UKEngl...
England
“Favourite holiday . Ever.”
Reviewed 12 October 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

Sundown Villa

We were lucky enough to stay in Sundown Villa at the end of September. It had to be one of my most favourite holidays– villa and location were perfect!

Booking was simple and easy and it was a real pleasure dealing with the villa owner Allan. This is very much their family’s dream home too, so felt very fortunate they allow people to share with them. An extremely decent, conscientious and trustworthy chap, I can’t speak highly enough about my dealings with Allan.

We went for a working holiday so the villa without a car suited us perfectly . We stayed in at the villa during the day so my partner could work close by (which he did under outdoor covered area- wifi was great) , and I could enjoy the beautiful outdoor area and pool close by. We then used a taxi for the evening when needed. I hear there’s a bus that runs from outside the villa and car’s easily available to rent, but we didn’t use it as taxis were only. £6 each way into Kas.

The villa – it was only the 2 of us staying at the villa, so we mainly resided downstairs. The lounge is a fantastic size, beautifully designed and it felt like home from home instantly (great art too) . Lots of books and games that you can borrow for your stay. The bedrooms are all nice and very clean, but not luxury. We literally slept in them though, so didn’t mind this.

Villa location – on the Peninsula, about a 5 minute drive into Kas centre. We wanted chilled so this was perfect. I loved this side of the Peninsula as could watch the most picturesque sunsets every evening from the villa with a glass of wine in hand.

Sundown villa was fully equipped with everything you may need. As a hint, they have a Cafetiere – I wish I’d packed my Italian coffee as wasn’t keen on the bitter Turkish coffee (the supermarkets ‘Columbian’ tastes like Turkish with different packaging).

There is a big water dispenser in the villa, so don’t’ worry if you get there late – there’ll be water. We didn’t realize Mehmet, the lovely chap who organises daily free crusty bread (for a nominal cost, it’s AMAZING with labne and jam , sat outside ) and looks after the grounds, can organise more water for the dispenser – we picked some up in town though, no problem. It was ice cold and a real treat during the hot days.

We arranged to have a massage at the villa, which were fantastic . We booked this through Cuneyt (he looks after the villa and main point of contact- great guy!) as his wife, again a very nice Welsh lady, is a masseuse.

The outdoor area was a real highlight for me. The wooden sunbeds are extremely comfortable (cushioned) and good quality . I have a bad back so always check how the sun loungers look online before booking anything (think outdoor furniture quality says a lot about a place) . This ticked all the boxes. One day I heard a rustling and spotted a turtle going up and down the hill next to the villa . He’s there most days, keep your eyes peeled.

The cons for me were the hornets (I’m petrified of them, but can’t do much about nature) and the mosquitos who devoured me (15 bites within 24 hours) – if you’re susceptible to being bitten bring the best Deet available from home as I didn’t find the local lotions and potions deterred these mini beasts.

Kas

Weather W3 September – weather was gorgeous , always a light wind so never felt too hot. A couple of days during our stay were far too windy to sunbathe, but those days we enjoyed relaxing in the villa.

Great place, lovely restaurants - very good value for money, cheaper to eat out than buy meat and eat in (lamb skewers from supermarket cost approx. £18!).

Shopping best buys – Hamman towels, leather designer goods, Turkish rugs, ceramic bowls . Shopping is fantastic. For leather ‘designer’ goods the best quality shop is up the side street with the waffle shop on the corner.

Day trip - Mias - ferry across from Kas is approx £30 to this gorgeous Greek island and takes around 20 mins. Beautiful place to wander for the day and enjoy great seafood. Restaurants take Turkish Lira , Euros / credit cards , so no need to change currency

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Large outdoor area, pool,...the amazing view and sunsets
Liked least: nothing, the villa's gorgeous
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
hannahmcc...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Absolutely beautiful villa”
Reviewed 10 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Kas is a beautiful little town and Sundown Villa is the perfect place to stay for a group of friends or a family. The villa has the most beautiful view and having dinner watching the sunset every evening was really special. It is fully equipped with everything you need for a relaxing stay, I can't fault anything. Cuneyt was very helpful too and the water and bread brought by Memet everyday was a great addition. We stayed for 2 weeks but could have easily stayed for longer! I had an absolutely fantastic holiday and I would definitely definitely recommend this villa.

Rachel H
“Incredible villa”
Reviewed 5 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Stayed at sundown with a group of friends for the most relaxing two weeks. The views took my breath away every morning and watching the sunset there was truly amazing. The villa's location was ideal- private but not too secluded in terms of getting into Kas and taxis knowing the whereabouts of the villa. The kitchen was very well equipped and we cooked most of our meals there with ease. The lounge is lovely and strikes the balance between being chic but also very homely. What a fantastic two week holiday!

IzzyN29
“Breathtaking views, beautiful villa, amazing memories.”
Reviewed 4 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We spent most of the 2 weeks we had in Kas, relaxing by the pool in the villa as it was just ideal and the views were spectacular. The location was ideal for when we did decide to venture into town, with grocery stores, shops and great restaurants with buses or taxis to get us there and back. The villa was spacious and clean and the bedrooms were a perfect size with comfy beds. Every evening we sat out by the pool and watch the sun set right in front of us, the views never got old. The extra service of having bread and water delivered every morning was a great touch too. I would definitely recommend this to anyone. Exceeded my expectations and more.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Grace R
Manchester
“Truly Beautiful Villa and Location!”
Reviewed 4 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We couldn't have asked for more! Sundown had everything we needed inside and out. The kitchen, bedrooms, lounge and all outdoor areas were lovely and clean. The kitchen had all appliances we needed for our stay (cooker, fridge freezer, washing machine, dishwasher etc) and the lounge had a TV, DVD player, iPod docks etc. with patio doors leading out to a dining area, BBQ and pool. The outdoor area is private and really well kept. The pool was also PERFECT!

Words cannot explain how breath taking the view from the vila is. It is especially nice at 'Sundown' whilst enjoying lovely food on the patio.

A great place for both family and friends.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing