All reviews old city bed room swimming pool is every evening pension kaleici dorm ac waiter
Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

I was a solo traveller with bad health who needs a quiet place to draw & good bed & breakfast & everthing close by. (Read seaside)
I stayed for about a month in winter.
I loved my room, I was lucky to have 3 windows on 2 sunny sides. So even when I was inside I could enjoy the sun.
First it looked a bit small but with some creativity I turned it in something cozy. Still my bed is better, but it was close enough to good. Having neck & shoulders issues my neck stayed pretty awesome there.
They have airconditioning, and when the sun is down it could be a bit cold, so I was very happy with that. Only the bathroom was a bit cold, but if you close that door it warms up easily inside.
As with my healt I am only able to take a shower once a week I wasn't there much anyway. And the water was warm.
When it was sunny (even in winter I would advice to bring sunscreen) I had breakfast outside in the sun as much as possible. The outside restaurant is very nice!
For a lowbudget hotel the breakfast was more than enough.
Only the drinks were mostly powder & even the milk.
So I bought milk in the migros and brought it myself ;-).

The location is very very nice. I hope it is in my added pictures, what you can see on the right coming outside, about 100 meters from the seaside.
The atmosphere is familiar, it does not really feels like a hotel. also I liked that a lot of other solotravellers seems to pass there. Always nice for a chat.
And they have an old dog Sam :).
I had read before that it is a bit noisy. It is an old building and you do hear when people next to you use their shower, airconditionig,... but I got used to that pretty quickly. I am the type who hates noisy cities but cannot bear to silent either. It need to be alivish, natural sounds from the street and stuff.
Off course on winter there is always a chance someone in the neighbourhood is
Then if you have to travel on low budget it is a very nice place to be.
Oh yes, they have daily menu and delicious turkish soup!
I kinda hope I did not forget anything.
I also think it is a safe place to be for a female solotraveller.
Especially at the sea, left from the tower there where some eird people that started to follow me, so I just when back to the pansion.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
Thank Kathleen Elisab... V
Reviewed 11 January 2016

Arrived without a booking but plenty of room in off season. Nice sunny room with private bathroom upstairs. Big choice at breakfast and I also had one good evening meal there. Good location to explore the old city and only a few minutes walk up to tram and metro train stops. If you enter the old city through the ancient Hadrian's Gate it is a straight shot down the street to the Pansiyon. There is a little shop next door to buy your drinking water and snacks etc. Make sure to walk down to the cliff edge over the bay to watch the sunset.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2015

First of all, the photos of the rooms in the website (Booking) do not match the reality. In fact the rooms were very small (with neither table nor chair) and the bathroom was even more tiny. A/C was not very efficient (it took several minutes to start blowing the warm air) and internet free but signal almost nonexistent. Rooms were not very clean (some insects) and there is no view.
But there are some good points as well. It is located very close to the central spots of the city and also in a very quiet neighborhood. The staff is very friendly, especially the old woman who offered us a poor in variety but very delicious breakfast. The pension offers a big parking space (for free) about 20m. from the buildings.
In case you choose this pension, which is located inside the old city of Antalya, do not forget to ask from the owners to provide you a paper to exit the town for free after 10.00 (there is a strange system about entering and exiting the old town).

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pantelis C
Reviewed 1 December 2015

I had a great experience here. The staff were very friendly, I enjoyed interesting conversations with them and they gave me many helpful hints about Antalya. Traveling as a female solo traveler I felt comfortable and safe here. The private room had a comfortable bed for a good night's sleep which was much needed. Breakfast was nice - not amazing (I had some amazing breakfasts around Turkey!) - but nice, plenty of fruit which was tasty. It's in a quite spot in the Old City, the location was perfect for me. I would definitely go back - thanks Sabah!

Room tip: There is a pool - it's in the building complex next door. Ask the staff - they'll show you.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank JRaine28
Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

I had wanted to stay in their dormitory, but an owner insisted, I should take a room insted. I was interested in the dormitory, so he finally showed me their dormitory with three beds, all of them available for... 45 lira per bed. I guess, he assumed nobody else would come, so he wanted to get as much money from me as possible. He finally lowered the price to 35 lira, and demanded the payment for my entire duration of stay there. I told him I did not have a fixed schedule, therefore, I would pay up front for one night. The owner and his wife became upset, and rude, and said they did not want to be bother like that, and told me to look for another place.
It was a very dissapointing experience, but luckily, I found a better place, a private room for less than dormitory at Sabah Pansiyon.
Do not bother staying there, as they obviously do not want to bothered! No stars for that place!

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SabaTraveler
SabahFam07100, Sahibi at Sabah Pansiyon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2015

As a business owner, I am grateful for the opportunity to respond to such a review because it offers the other side of the story. We do not typically respond to reviews because we respect another individuals right to expression. In this case, however, we feel a response is warranted. To begin with, this person never even stayed with us and was problematic from the beginning. Her attitude towards us was one of aggression and inappropriateness. Having been in the business for nearly 30 years, we immediately understood if she stayed with us, it would not fare well for us, nor the rest of our customers. We weren’t trying to cheat her; we weren't trying to charge her more than others or to treat her unfairly. Her energy, her demeanor were the problem. We were trying to protect our customers and our business. There appeared to be something significantly wrong with her. When she didn’t get her way, she began to yell at us and threatened to give us a bad review with trip advisor if we didn’t accomodate her according to her desires and further stated she would ask her friends to give us a poor review as well. She followed through with her threat partially by giving us a bad review although it is unfounded.We dealt with her as best as we could. We were kind even when she yelled. We were respectful even when she wasn’t. She came with a large, heavy bag, and even though she was being unkind to us, we kept her bag for her while she went and shopped around for a room. Now, she has given a review although she never even stayed with us.

We are grateful again for the opportunity to be able to challenge reviews as a business owner because an owner is not always at fault. I urge you, if you are another business owner, to avoid this customer as well.