“Caution”
Review of Royal Wings Hotel

Royal Wings Hotel
Ranked #2 of 232 Hotels in Antalya
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Be careful when leaving valuables in the safe,as we had £300 removed from a so called secure safe,( safe use supplied for free ).Told by hotel management that this was not possible ,but someone on the hotel staff can open these safes , but obviously can not re-close them without your code .Beware that you check your safe daily ,making sure it is securely closed .If you find it closes when entering your opening code ,check your valuables and inform the management .Still awaiting any response from Thomas Cook on this issue .

Room Tip: Do not take Turkish Lira ,take Euros
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Bill P

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Was the first time to Turkey The weather was great and the hote was brilliant. The food was really good.Would like to say the royal wings was the best holiday i've had in long time staff great food great nice and clean ' would def come back again .

1  Thank Rima U
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We (myself 35, partner 47, and 2 daughters 6 and 2) returned to Royal Wings for 10 days for our second visit, returning home on the 30th May, and as expected we had a fantastic time. It is a beautiful hotel, well maintained with lovely grounds and excellent facilities. The food is great with a good choice of buffet, a la carte, and snack bars dotted around the grounds. The kids club is excellent and the staff couldn't do more for you. I noticed a couple of reviews on here saying that the staff tend to the German and Russian guests first, but we certainly didn't experience anything like this at all - in fact by our third evening the waiters were bringing our drinks without us even having to order! The facilities for children are fantastic, the mini club do a great range of activities including horse riding and banana boat trips. I was a bit concerned that my 2 year old wouldn't be able to participate as it is supposed to be for 4 years and over, but they were happy for her to join in and let her do everything that the bigger kids did. The entertainment was also brilliant, a great range of shows - some a bit tacky, but what do you expect really! The team always try to get people involved, but if you aren't interested they won't hassle you at all. 3 of the team actually recognised us from the previous year, with one of them remembering that my oldest daughter had drawn him a picture and posted it to him when we got home last year (thanks Badri, that made her day!!!!). I struggle to find anything wrong with this hotel, and I am very picky when it comes to my holidays. The only thing I would say is be careful around the pool areas, the tiles are horrendously slippery and kids go flying all over the place when they start running around straight out of the pool. I would also prefer it if you could sign your kids in to the mini club, but they do let them in and out whenever they want to, so you can't really relax when they're in there just in case they come out and wander off without you realising. Having said that, we will undoubtedly return next year, I can't say enough how excellent this hotel and its staff is!

Room Tip: Its worth asking for a sea view room on a high level, as the view from the front of the hotel is bes...
5  Thank kerryverebelyi
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Myself, my wife & our 2 young children stayed at the Royal Wings Hotel in Lara Beach from 13th May 2012 - 25th May 2012 & had a great time. All the positive reviews that I read across a number of websites really made up our minds for us & we were all so impressed with our stay there. Firstly the hotel itself is clean & modern & although there are hotels that appear more impressive from the outside as you approach the Royal Wings, once inside the hotel lobby you know that you are staying in a very modern & high quality hotel. The lobby is an oval shape & off this lobby is a number of bars, restaurants & a beautiful Patisserie which serves cakes, rolls & fresh coffee from 4pm. Downstairs there is the main buffet restaurant which serves amazing food. We stayed for 12 days & never tired of the meals served up as they varied from day to day & were of a very high standard. A lot of the food served is also made on site & the chefs take a lot of pride in the food they are serving to the guests. As well as this are a number of A La Carte restaurants where you can sit down & be served if you wish. The pool area & gardens are amazing & a walkway leads all the way from the main hotel out onto the beach taking you past the kids playground, Turkish tent where fresh breads & pizza are made fresh for you (Try the chocolate bread!), Pool bar where live bands play & a chill out area with large beanbags & hammocks. The beach is very clean with another bar, windbreakers & a kids play area which is covered to protect them from the sun. There are loads of beds as well so no issues with finding space which is always a bonus. If you turn right as you leave the hotel towards the main pool, there is an aqua park with kids pools, kids slides & slides for older children & adults. My kids loved this area along with the fair which is right next to the slides. After dinner at 8:30pm every night there is a minidisco for the kids in the outdoor ampitheatre & this is followed by a show which range from dancing to magic to theatre productions. When we were there, the animation team put together a Lion King show which was of a very high quality & starred some of the children staying at the hotel. All the staff were brilliant & went out of their way to ensure that all your needs were catered for. All in all we stayed for 12 nights & none of us wanted to leave when our holiday came to an end. What more can you ask?

Room Tip: Sea view on 6th - 8th floor for a great view.
4  Thank TeamCharlieSheen
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Let me begin this review by saying that this is the first time I have ever been willing to engage my time into writing a review about anything …it is something I’ve never done.
As you read this review you will begin to understand the amount of pain and frustration that my family and I had to experience, which was the motive behind writing the review.
Imagine this. My wife and I were so excited about booking this family holiday. We have a son who is just about to turn 3 and a daughter who is five months. We went through a variety of brochures and attained advice from the Thomas Cook rep who recommended Turkey’s Royal Wings Hotel/Resort in Antalya. So we make a decision based on the recommendation and all the promises of a great experience. So now we’re booked…great!
So lets cut to the chase. The flight was the most uncomfortable I have every experienced and I have been on a huge variety of airliners and sat in all classes from first, business and economy. This one took the berties. I couldn’t event put my feet flat on the ground it was so tight and cramped, and by the way, I’m only 5ft10inches so not huge.
You can only imagine how uncomfortable this was not only being tight but also trying to manage children on the way.
So its around 2am and we get to this grand and luxurious looking hotel. First impressions, thank god this is decent. Oh no! Don’t assume too soon and never judge anything on the way it looks. The check in was only manned by 1 person and there were about 30 people to be checked in so too a long time. To top this off the check in person was coming across very ratty and irritated and this was well communicated in his tone and volume of communication.
So we get to our room and yes that was nice, thank god ! What was however frustrating was the fact that we had to wait 45mins (approx) for our luggage to be brought up to our room and this was only after having called 6 times and being told it would be with us in 5 minutes. Its only when I complained that I received our luggage. What a shame that that is what I had to do to get our luggage. I mean after a flight one may argue that all you want to do is brush your teeth and get refreshed for bed!
Wake up in the morning, look for the iron, NO IRON! I called reception tp request one and they made crystal clear that we had to pay for ironing and it was around 4euros per shirt. That’s very expensive and it all starts adding up and then the picture comes together. All-inclusive. I think not!
So what next. Get down for breakfast at 9.45am thinking we’re good on time as the breakfast is until 10am. We had 5 minutes to choose what we wanted to eat as at 9.50am they started packing the buffet away! Give us a chance is what I thought! Just about got some food to eat and sat down and guess what comes next! They turn the lights off in the restaurant and people are still eating and my son who hasn’t even turned 3 yet asked me why the lights have gone off !You what! Yes, its true, this happened every day of all the days we were there.
Now I remember having a discussion with my wife prior to this trip and we were both in consensus that this is more a change of activity for the children rather than a holiday, those with little ones will understand what I mean.
This leads me to the next point nicely. Children’s activities were nit available throughout the day as I understood they would be. The kids center was only open for a limited number of hrs a day and then closed for the rest. The same applied to the fair and children’s water slides etc. Not only is that most inconvenient but its most annoying considering there wasn’t much or any activity left to engage the kids in. Here’s what really tipped me over he edge. My son was playing on the kiddies trampolines which were un staffed and becoming very dangerous. A member of staff appears and closes it down at 4.50pm when it was supposed to close at 5pm. So we go to the kids train which is the next ride down only to find the last ride was taking place. I had to literally argue with the lady who was running the ride and show her the time on my phone and she eventually gave in and continued the ride for all the children waiting to go on. She was most rude though and went off in a huff and puff without a word or anything. All the kiddies rides etc
Room clean. We had to call to have our room cleaned on several occasions as it just wasn’t happening.
The morning after we checked in the hotel maintenance came to our room to change the filter for the AC. I knew this process would be dusty and with kids in the room I didn’t want to risk their health so I asked them to come back later. They insisted and insisted to the extent that had to be firm did they understand and accept.
Service in the bar was appalling. One particular bar man had a stinking attitude! Rude and abrupt. In the restaurant we were told we couldn’t sit at a table as it was for 6 people and there was only 4 of us. We found another table only to find another family of 3 sitting at the table for 6….helloooo! Ok, check this out. We had a bottle of water and two glasses on our table and the table next to us just had a couple arrive to dine. They had water without any glasses so the waiter comes and takes ours and gives it to them, not the diners fault of course, in fact they too looked shocked. The waiter however was out of his mind for doing that.
May I remind you I have never written a review before but am sooooooooooo disappointed with Royal Wings that I had to write this.
Internet was very poor in the rooms and was continually dropping on all our devices. One evening I went down to the bar/reception area to get some important work done and emails sent only to have them turn the lights off on my 3 times and on the last occasion the person who turned the light of actuallu tried sneaking away after turning them off. I had to get up and ask him for the 3rd time to turn the lights back. He was clearly embarrassed as I found him hiding behind a pillar.
My friends ordered tea to their room and it took 45minutes to come!
Orange juice was charged at 2euros a go, I thought this was all inclusive? Alcohol I cant comment on as I wasn’t indulging.
I complained the hotel manager who then offered us late check out which was very convenient. I also thought I’d share our experiences with the Thomas Cook rep Lindsey Bath.
On the day of check out I met with the hotel manager again to confirm late check out and he said all was fine.
After going for breakfast, to the beech and then to lunch I tried getting back into my room but couldn’t so I went to reception. They presented me with a ‘Thomas Cook’ document and asked me to sign in. It stated that ‘I accept the late check out as adequate compensation to the problems experienced’ I made clear that I will not sign this as I did not consider this to be adequate compensation but above all the hotel manager should have made this clear at time of agreeing that he will give us a late check out. The receptionist called Lindsey on the phone and she said ‘If you don’t sign the document you will not be allowed access to the room to get your belongings’ OH MY GOSH! This was the cherry on top. At first I had issues with the Royal Wings but now I also have a issue with Thomas Cook! I demanded to see the hotel manager who then came and I asked him one simple question. Why was I not advised about this document before? Oh and this is all whilst my daughter was crying to get here nappy changed which I couldn’t do as the nappies were in the room I could no longer access. The hotel manager said ‘Thomas Cook want you to sign this document and I have a whole filing cabinet full of them in my office’. This only discloses the fact that this hotel has ongoing complaints. I was advised I would not be allowed back into the room unless I signed……that signing a contract under duress is it not?!
The last of the horror is yet ahead: Lindsey Bath, the rep for Thomas Cook advised us 3 days prior that the coach for the hotel transfers back to the airport will be leaving at 10.30pm and that this would start loading luggage at 10pm. So in my infinitive wisdom I get all our bags ready and placed in the right location at 9.30pm…early in other words! Ok so now we go off to see some friends and say goodbye and get back to the coach stop at 10.15pm thinking we’re early! NO!!! The Thomas Cook bus left our bags on the footpath outside the hotel and left without us! When we asked the hotel about this we were abruptly and I mean abruptly told to order a taxi and leave and that its not their problem.
I WOULD NEVER RECCOEMEND NOR TRAVEL AGAIN WITH THOMAS COOK NOR STAY AT THE ROYAL WINGS HOTEL!
I highlight that even my friends were chocked that I have spoken so negatively about our experiences as I am a very positive thinking person, I’ve never even written a review. This place and travel agent however have really tipped me over the edge!

Room Tip: Go beach side!
39  Thank SanjD