“lovingly decorated”
Review of Kaucuk Hotel

Kaucuk Hotel
Ranked #2 of 217 Antalya B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2015

Great location, Rengin & her family & team have done a magnificent job on creating this peaceful oasis. Lovely breakfast, attentive owner & staff, close to shops, restaurants, bars, live music, beach, boat trips..... all a leisurely walk away.

Room Tip: All rooms are great..... beautifully decorated
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Kaucuk Hotel

Reviewed 29 May 2015

Time I spent at Kaucuk was unforgettable. It is a very authentic and unique place to stay at the heart of Antalya and at the center of the Old Castle ( Kala ici territory ).
hotel has the local flavor and at the same time a very unique and luxurious western approach to many things one can desire to have while having a special vacation with loved ones.
it has quite a privacy and features to satisfy a single, married and also families in a very touched way.
Kaucuk can satisfy you because it has all the features for all kind of people.
you will love it, because the hotel is built with love on an ancient stone of old ages, a five star that you can never find on anywhere else. good times...............

Room Tip: each and every room has the best level of comfort
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ahmet H
Reviewed 24 May 2015

We stayed with friends and fully enjoyed our stay. The owners Rebii and Rengin are wonderful people trying very hard to make sure their clients have a great time and offering suggestions what to visit or how to rent a boat for a fantastic swim.
We especially liked Rengin's cooking talent - this has been a memorable experience.
We will come back - and thanks again Rengin and Rebii.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2015

I knew Kauçuk had a very good reputation in Antalya, so I must admit I went there with high expectations. But then again I was amazed with the experience. It has a unique location in the center of the old city. Perfectly preserved archaeological findings are exhibited under the art gallery which has a beautiful glass floor. It was off season when I went there so I was able to choose any room I like. The problem was to decide, because each room has its own personality and they're individually beautiful. I would write about all the beautiful details of Kauçuk but neither I have time for that nor I'd like to spoil them. In short, It's simply the best place in Kaleiçi (I've seen many others) and you'll need to go and see by yourself.

Room Tip: They have two suites. So if you are 4+ people, suites may be your best choice.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2015

Pleasantly disappointed

I had the miss-pleasure of staying at this hotel.
I have to-date only ever written positive comments about the hotels that I have stayed in.
I use this application, Trip Advisor, to select hotels in selected destinations.
The hotel is located in a beautiful part of Antalya, the décor and ambiance of this hotel cannot be faulted.
I must agree with some of the feedback on this site, the manager behaves in an extremely judgemental and hostile manner.
My wife and I felt extremely unwelcome.
The short time spent by the pool was interrupted by the sun lounger breaking into a number of pieces. The consequences were that my head slammed into the hard tiled floor. The manager/owner who was sat just a few yards behind me remained seated and disinterested.
I was horrified to note that a few weeks earlier this had happened to another guest and he was changed for the breakage, outrageous.
The owners made no attempt for the next ten days of our stay to replace the remaining two sun loungers and we therefore had to walk to the beach to relax.
Interestingly on our last day the hotel was completely empty except for my wife and I. We were however requested to vacate our room at 10.00am. Our flight was an early evening flight. We therefore spent the day on the beach and when we returned we were told we had to use the outside pool shower to prepare for our journey home.
I have never been treated in this manner, I have stayed at 2* hotels with a better attitude towards its customers.
I will never return to this hotel and I would not recommend their accommodation to anyone.

In response to an earlier message that I read about the owners husband. He did not speak to one guest whilst I stayed at this hotel. It was he who sat there and observed me injure myself on his unsafe sun lounger.
The manager responded to the earlier message by stating that a family member had passed away. I ask myself, was this also the case during our stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kevstunning
Rengin E, Yönetici at Kaucuk Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2015

Dear Kevstunning,

thank you for taking the time and putting down your review even 10 months after you have stayed.
we are sorry that our boutique hotel did not meet your expectations.
as you have kindly noted this place is decorated with fine furnitures and fixations.
therefore even the surroundings of our pool have delicate furniture so they need to be handled with care. We are sorry that you have fell off as you trow yourself to the wooden sun bed.

However, we cannot let you give false information to other readers that you have been asked to leave your room at 10 am. Our check out time is at 12.00 and we can provide later stay if our rooms are available. As you well know our Residence has only 10 rooms and during the high season it is not easy to provide late check out even if you have paid.

We hope you have a wonderful summer season in 2015.

kind regards,