“Beautiful and unique items and welcoming owners!”
Review of Art Jophiel

Art Jophiel
Ranked #1 of 6 Shopping in Adana
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Art Jophiel presents centuries old traditional beadwork, embroideries, kilim motifs, canvas that are unique to Adana region in a cultural shop in the center of the old town. Art Jophiel embraces and welcomes people from Adana and all around the world to discover small handmade gifts, vintage jewellery and accessories as well as decorative hand made art works. Art Jophiel offers traiditional drink "kaynar" with cinnamon and walnuts and welcomes everyone to enjoy the happiness of being the only special cultural art shop about Adana region.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I visited this shop a couple of days ago after finding it on Trip Advisor, and I was not disappointed! They have many beautiful and unique handmade jewelry and decor items that cover different styles, so you can find gifts or souvenirs to suit many tastes. The best part was how hospitable the owners were. They stayed open late so that I could try on many different things and then invited me to sit for a while as they served me Turkish coffee, Turkish delight, and oranges. Afterwards, Mine (the owner and designer) gave me a tour of the local neighborhood and some insights into the best kebab and lokum shops. She also gave me a shawl when the temperature dropped. I highly recommend this place and will definitely be back!

1  Thank Jen L

Dear Jen,

Thank you very much for your comment. It was a pleasure meeting you. We hope to see you again very soon,

All reviews
"hardwork"
"history"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Recently returned from Adana and made a point to visit the shop again. Art Jophiel has a lovely selection of hand crafted items. As always I left with some new necklaces and an art piece. Mine is a wonderful lady and the next time I am there I will be sure to stop again. I have already received numerous compliments on the necklaces I purchased.

1  Thank Nancy Z

Dear Nancy,

Thank you very much for your beautiful comment. We hope to see you again,

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

I love this place! Everything I bought is very unique and has a nice historical perspective of the area. Mine is fantastic, she is very helpful and knows a lot about the origin of products, and the history behind. Prices are reasonable and the location is right by the old town of Adana.

1  Thank Olga B

Dear Olga,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment. We wish to see you again,

Reviewed 23 November 2017

This shop belongs to the most visit worthy places in Adana. Mrs. Mine is a wonderful and kind person and she makes the most beautiful earrings I have ever seen. If you visit Adana, make sure you stop by and treat yourself with gorgeus hand made things.

Mine B, Owner at Art Jophiel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2017

Thank you very much, you made us very happy. We are waiting for you for your next visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 November 2017

What a delight it was to find this little treasure tucked into old Adana! Despite its small, intimate size, the shop carries a very impressive array of beautiful objects, from jewelry to pieces of framed tapestry and paintings. The focus is on the traditional handiwork of Turkey, but what makes the items extra-special is that they are specifically designed to highlight the vast array of symbols and universal meanings found in handwork of the region and beyond. The owner, Mine Boga, speaks beautiful English and is an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and superb curator for the objects de art she offers in her shop. There is no other spot like it in Adana! It is right near the old mosque and the big clock, a section of the city that is well worth a visit in its own right! The next time I go to Adana, I will set aside time for a nice long visit to the shop. Not only is it a visual feast, but it has a wonderful, soothing atmosphere that makes it a feast for the eyes and soul.

Mine B, Sahibi at Art Jophiel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear Jessica,

Your visit made us very very happy. Thank you very much for your beautiful comment too. We are so happy to share the joy of art and history with people like you. Many many many thanks. Please come and visit us again.

Warmest greetings,