Hasdrubal Thalassa Hotel & Spa Port El Kantaoui
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
LTI Bellevue Park(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
USD 133*
Hotels.com
  • Pool
El Mouradi Palm Marina(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
USD 63*
Marhaba Palace Hotel(Port El Kantaoui)(Great Value!)
USD 108*
USD 63*
Iberostar Diar El Andalous(Port El Kantaoui)
USD 160*
USD 148*
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
USD 365*
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Daphne Club Miramar(Port El Kantaoui)
USD 32*
USD 30*
Priceline
USD 127*
  • Pool
STEIGENBERGER Kantaoui Bay(Port El Kantaoui)
USD 159*
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui(Port El Kantaoui)
USD 55*
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Hotel Riviera(Port El Kantaoui)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Myself and a friend have just returned from a week at this hotel in Port el Kantaoui. From arrival, the staff were friendly and helpful whether tipped or not.
The hotel is clean, the rooms are nice and breakfast was good, ( we only booked B&B so can't speak for the other meals).
As we booked last minute and via the internet we didn't have a rep. The hotel was french and german speaking. As I speak french we were able to book onto english speaking trips via the french speaking rep who was there in the morning and was very helpful.
It is out of season and we must have brought the average age down in the hotel by about 40 years! So if you're looking for english speaking and younger groups out of season then this is not the place to go to.
The heated indoor pool was lovely, the outdoor pool freezing.
It is called the Hasdrubal spa hotel but apparently according to the staff the spa is completely separately run. The prices are not cheap for the treatments offered and to try to use the gym is expensive.
We booked a treatment each - Vishesh and Abhyanga (?spelling). They were awful and cost over £50 each. The treatments were in brightly lit rooms done by men who didn't quite seem to understand that certain things can make a person feel very uncomfortable. During my friend's massage she was played rap music and salsa and he sang songs from Titanic to her!! Dreadful and absolutely not to be recommended.
The hotel was within minutes from the marina and the centre and easy to get transport out of the town which was lucky because out of season there is absolutely nothing to do there other than sunbathe. The restaurants were deserted and the town seemed to shut by 9 or 10pm.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2009

This is the 4th time I've stayed here, as part of a girls spa holiday. We adore it, and can't understand why Airtours have dropped the hotel! The hotel has fantastic facilities, with amazingly spacious grounds. Its so relaxing to know that you wont have to queue for sunbeds, or race to be first at the best spots! The grounds are lovely, a riot of flowers at all times. The spa is brilliant, and the staff speak enough English to cope, though nearly all guests are French/German/Russian. Its an experience, but well worth it. In fact, if we're honest, part of the attraction is that there are so few English speakers there. The Europeans are, I'm afraid, so much more civilised, and hardly any kids! Not that I don't appreciate kids on holiday, but on a spa break it tends to disturb the peace and tranquility of the gardens/pool area.
The food is excellent, tho we tend to go B&B. This year, for various reasons we ate in the hotel restaurant one night, and were amazed at how good, and good value it was. Usually we eat in one of 5 or 6 gorgeous restaurants in the marina area.
Hoping to go back next year!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annaclara
Reviewed 10 August 2009

I was not impressed by the level of customer service in this hotel. We asked for a Turkish coffee after dinner, they told us we have to go to the bar --so why have it in the menu if you don't serve it in the restaurant--!! We asked for a small spoon to eat rice pudding, the waiter told us that we can use the big spoon available in the table...!! In our way out we told the manager how we felt and how his staff treated us. The next night we were assigned to a different waiter and we got an awesome service and even a free Turkish coffee!! Even though it was their job to give a good customer service and all was included in the bill as we were half board, but we decided to "tip" everyone including the manager, who was looking for us the third night, instead we decided to go casual and seat in the terrace.
Also the beach was very dirty and has a lot of rocks...

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CaSunshine101
Reviewed 9 July 2009

Firstly, I would like to say that the hotel is geared to the ' Spa Holiday' market and that I was staying here on business. However, this does not get away from the fact that what is described / stated as being a 5 star establishment is far from it. The hotels appearence is best described as opulent. The lobby is large and the decor suits accordingly but they appear to miss the fundementals of making guests comfortable and happy. Its the first time I've seen greek pillars covered in the same carpet as on the floor!
The reception, along with the staff, is sombre and the apperance of the restaraunt, bar and interior is - well - just dull.
Given that the temperature outside was in the 40's during my stay I was looking forward to getting back to my room and cooling off - I would have been better off nailing a seagull to the wall and letting it flap its wings! Everywhere was roasting and when I asked about this I was met with a very puzzled look but offered no solution.
The rooms - although clean, are less of a standard of any Premier Inn or business hotel in the UK (and thats saying something!). The food is OK but nothing special and rather pricey. Unless you are for the Spa Holiday thing (which I didnt try) I would look elsewhere,
In short, I will not be staying there again.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Manwithplan
Reviewed 17 September 2008

We (myself and my wife) have stayed in Hasdrubal hotel from 30 august till 12 September 2008. We liked this hotel. Very convenient location (close by marina), very clean hotel and room, fine garden, friendly stuff. Good food although my wife considers that breakfasts were poor. We had nine-day Mandara programs in Thalassa center. Only pleasant sensations remaind.
Live music was every evening - two guys with guitar and keyboard instruments or ethnic tunisian group - proper performance.
I played tennis during 5 days with very good coach from Sousse and golf 1 day - rather unpleasant ( slippery) man.
There were two local disadvantages because from Ramadan - too late dinner and early closing of Thalassa center.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Igor_STR