Although the decor was a little jaded the hotel was clean and we found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We did have to wait for our room to be prepared but this mild inconvenience was more than compensated for at the end of our stay as we were able to use our all inclusive status all day, despite check out time being at 11 am and our airport transfer not until 4 pm. I was worried about the food, having read such mixed reviews, but in fact, on the whole, it was excellent. You will not get Fish Fingers, English bacon or sausages because you are in Tunisia (!) but you will get your breafast eggs cooked in front of you, chips on offer with every meal and the opportunity to try Tunisian specialities. Having worked as a chef many years ago I am not easy to please and have high expectations when eating out and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and wide range of food on offer.
The pool area was clean, the bar staff polite and towels available for hire if you want to save on luggage space. We didn't experience any difficulty in aquiring sun beds either by the pool or on the beach but that might be different in high season.
There was building work going on next door which was a bit annoying at first but after a while we were able to tune it out. We did hear some people complain about it though.
We enjoyed wandering around Port el Kantaoui but it did involve a fair amount of hassle from the shop keepers. But hey! They depend on tourism in order to survive and it is their job to extract as much as they can from us. It is worth brushing up on your French or even learning a bit of Arabic.
We went caught a luage to Sousse which was fun and the cheapest way to get around. Alot of the shops in Sousse are fixed price so for people who struggle to haggle it is an opportunity to browse at leisure with no pressure. Not so much fun though!
On the whole we had a very enjoyable stay in Tunisia and I will definitely return there as a week just gave me a glimpse of a country that I would like to explore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up across from the golf club, have a walk on the seafront, explore the paved alleys of Port El Kantaoui or simply unwind at the pool: Marhaba Palace is a dream place for an unforgettable stay. In the restaurant, a collection of great wines and local cuisine with the flavours of thyme and basil pamper the palate. This charming hotel, in the heart of the resort of port El Kantaoui, will seduce you with its personalised hospitality and efficient, discrete service.Welcome to MARHABA PALACE ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, lastminute.com.au and Cancelon so you can book your Marhaba Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Tunisia
- Tunisia Marhaba Palace
- Marhaba Palace Port El Kantaoui
- Marhaba Palace Hotel Tunisia