See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Were to start. When we checked in they tried to charge more than mentioned in the booking. I took a print of the booking so when I showed them they charged the correct prize. The room we had was big but dirty dust clouds everywhere. The only good thing was the fridge which was clean funny enough. The towels where grey and smelled like an old dishcloth. There where other hotel names on these. It seemed that they stole these from another hotel. When you took a shower the floor flooded as there was no shower curtain.
The food was horrible we tried it 2 nights and decided to eat out after that. We did not even bother to have breakfast there. This is a pitty cos Tunesia has got great food.
The receptionist who was working drank water out of a 2 litter bottle and burp loud realy professional behaviour at a 4 * hotel. The manager was smoking in the lobby which means to me that he doesnt care at all about his guests. The staff was not friendly at all. And as mentioned in other reviews the restaurant was a sort of Fawlty Towers with dirty plates, 100 different types of glasses. When you ordered a drink it took ages before you got it. They had to go downstairs to the bar to get it and bring it too your table. The same happenen when you paid they had to go downstairs again for the change and all was banged on the table like it was too much effort.
So my advise is avoid the place if you want to have a nice holiday. There are many better places around to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank robijntje
Reviewed 20 October 2010

Due to the extreme rudeness of catering staff, lack of any service and absolutely appalling food – this was the most stressful ‘holiday’ I have ever had. I am well-travelled and have never complained on any holiday before but, from day one, the downright rudeness from staff in the ‘restaurant’ was beyond belief. We were shouted at by the manager of the restaurant on our first morning at breakfast and told it was all finished because we arrived at 9.20am, even though we had been told breakfast finished at 10am. Everything was too much trouble for the catering staff, however they did make a point of hovering far too close, making personal comments and staring to the point of complete embarrassment. I was dressed respectfully but I was constantly harassed by the waiters. They were very sleazy! Filthy table cloths were continually left on tables, hot buffet food was cold because it was left out unheated for 2-3hours, breakfast coffee was always cold for the same reason, fruit juice was something powdery that could remove your tonsils – to be honest there was very little that was actually edible and I can usually eat practically anything. There was also no fruit, no desserts or coffee after dinner. Eventually the rudeness of the waiting staff became unbearable and we had to complain. It was most unpleasant with more shouting from the restaurant manager who made up stories to cover himself. I spoke to others staying in the hotel who were from many different countries and, without knowing my experiences, they all had similar tales to tell. No-one was happy which is a shame because if it was run properly it could be a great place. The rooms are spacious and I would like to say that the cleaning staff were all lovely and worked so hard, we gave them all the dinars we had left. I definitely wouldn’t go back.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank la_brun
Reviewed 17 September 2010

My partner & I have just returned from a weeks stay at Villa Noria & I would just like to say how disappointed I am with with this apparently '4 star' hotel.
Upon our arrival we were advised that breakfast was 7-10am however when we arrived in the restaurant at 9.30am the manager rudely told us that we had missed breakfast as if it was an error on our part (our breakfast card actually stated until 10am!) After realising it was their mistake, he arranged for some 'food' to be sent to our room. We receieved 2 cold cups of coffee ( we requested tea), half a pound of butter, some stale bread & croissants. The next day we got up for breakfast in hope of something better- unfortunately the food was just as dire as the previous day. What can I say about the fruit juice? ...radioactive toilet cleaner springs to mind, its a good job I was wearing sunglasses as it appeared to be glowing! We then decided to eat breakfast outside of the hotel for the rest of the holiday, it really was that bad. I mean, the only thing I would eat at breakfast was the french stick, even the cheese was revolting.
Next is the service- it seems as though the young man behind the bar didnt actually want to serve drinks or food. One day I was told 'no food' only to then see another couple at the bar order food. I was then told 'no cocktails' when I tried to order a drink. The bar man was rude and snatched money from my partner whilst he was paying for a drink ( I know this isn't a difference of culture because no other bar/restaurant staff did this)
On one occassion we did manage to get some food ( we had to ask at reception as the bar man blatantly didnt want to do any work) which was recycled breakfast- a piece of french stick with a wedge of butter & the revolting cheese again. Absolutely no effort put in to the food & I had to pay for it this time!
This is most definitely NOT a 4 star hotel, by english standards it was probably a 2 star at best. The food is unclassifiable.
To end on a positive note, the rooms and grounds were fine & the room was cleaned everyday. The pool was also ok but I wouldnt recommend Villa Noria at all.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vicky043
Reviewed 13 September 2010

having read other reviews i was worried about food and quite rightly it was awful we had been to hammamet twice before staying in four stars both times the food was lovely not here unfortunatley breakfast consisted of congealed fried eggs frankfurter sausages the cheapest bread money could buy yoghurt was only available on four occasions no fruit or overripe toxic juice evening meals were even worse we got ripped off with the wine as there is no prices anywhere so beware we were charged 25 dinar another couple 21 i complained and was told it was 24 but was charged 18 that night i was given half bottle of rose by restaurant manager my husband complained about food it did improve but only i night we were half board but ended up eating out for the last week the rooms are lovely and the pool and grounds beautiful our room was cleaned every day i would say this could be a lovely hotel its position and beach i would recocomend to anyone but standards are definately not 4 star and the food is 2 star also in yasmine hammamet you had to have your wits about you we got fleeced in local shop for water on our first day and the food was hit and miss in the restaurants there .We enjoyed our holiday but only because we decided to see the funny side but please do not go to this hotel expecting four star service becuse you wont get it!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank muffy13
Reviewed 11 September 2010

How can this close to a boutique style hotel, be missing in some of the most vital parts? Buy some decent linen, before it is to late my friends!

Arriving to the hotel area was really promising. The buildings that are neatly built and lovely spread out on the campus, makes you feel warm at heart. The main building made me associate with a french dessert fortress in a romantic way of looking at it.

Little by little the poor standard is unveiling. The room were fantastic, spacious, filled with light and air. But here and there the floor was dirty, the dining table not properly clean. Going to bed, you could scent a foul odeur of nasty chemicals.

Listen, you may call me crazy but I washed the linen in the bathtub. Some how I regret that, experiencing the color of the washing water when it went dirty brown... why?

In the restaurant the servietts and tablecloth where stained and often with holes in it... why?

I could go on complaining about a lot more but I choose to stop. Overall i still think this is a splendid hotel BUT that is mainly the buildings and interior. The daily cleaning and service needs a make over!
And do it now!