Im going to start with negatives, on arrival to our room, we were extremely disappointed. The curtains were torn, stain on bed sheet, dressing table had sticky surface, balcony was grubby & final straw was hairs in the bath, my husband rang reception & advised we were not happy with the room, they advised to go back to reception with cases & they would move us, so we did, then at reception we were told our room was ready, we told them again we had been there & we werent happy with it, the gentleman at reception began to argue that room was ready & we needed to go back, he made us take him up to room to show him why we werent happy, when we got back there, the cleaner was back in there, we began to lose our patience & told him we wanted to be moved now, he still tried to argue room was okay until eventually, he moved us, the other room was 100% better & alot cleaner, wouldnt say it was a 4 star but alot better, so my advice to Phenicia is, if the customer is not happy with the room, do not argue with them, move them as requested. I have been to Tunisia a couple of times before too & previously stayed at a Riu & we have always had waiter service to pool or beach, the Phenicia didnt seem to offer this facility to all everyone, it seemed just selected guests, my husband always had to go the bar even though we tipped most of the time, I did feel they favoured the French over the English.
Saying all that, the rest of staff were really very nice, the porters, our waiter on table 149 was excellent, couldnt do enough & the animation team were superb, they work so hard. The pool areas were lovely. We went to the al la carte restaurant one night, service & food very nice, we also paid to go the chinese, it cost 40 dinas for both of us (approx 18.00) & I have to stay it was superb, better than any chinese resturant I have been to in the uk, well worth the money, I would definately recommend anyone try both these restaurants yet food in main restaurant was also excellent. Where hotel is situated, there is nothing there, we took a trip of Hamammet Yasmine which I really enjoyed, lots of fixed priced shops, marina, cafes, really nice as we also paid for a trip to vineyard for wine tasting, again this was really lovely & I would recommend. I did have a nice time but after 10 days, was glad to come home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully situated on the east coast of Tunisia, SENTIDO Phenicia spreads between a fine sandy beach and a garden of 11 hectares where mix generously palm and olive trees. For your comfort, the rooms of the hotel all endowed with balconies or terraces offer you fantastic views between the gulf and mountains of Hammamet, swimming pools or gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your SENTIDO Phenicia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentido Phenicia Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Hammamet
- Iberostar Hotel Phenicia
- Iberostar Phenicia Tunisia
- Iberostar Phenicia Hammamet