“Best experience abroad”

The Russelior Hotel & Spa
Ranked #19 of 118 Hotels in Hammamet
“Best experience abroad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Me and my husband went for 5nights, from the start to the end, the service was amazing, the staff were so nice. They looked after us so well, always asking if we were okay, to helping us if we needed any help with taxis, money and entertainment. Honestly was one of our best holidays, would like to go back and stay in this hotel again. Check in and out was so quick, rooms were always cleaned, pool was clean, staff were friendly, food was good, area was nice, 5min walks to eating places. One of our best experience abroad.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank 2012N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
bogota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel on the last weekend of May 2012. It was very good. The rooms are very nice, the outside pools are beautiful, clean, big. The food is really good also, BUT: Be advise, NO ALCOHOL in this hotel, so no cocktails or beer on the pool nor in the restaurants, Despite they show in the website a golf car that will drive you to the beach, it was never offered to us. They only said to us "bonne chance". So we walked there anyway just to find out that it right next to the marina so you can even smell the burned oil/diesel from the boats and it was full of mountains of dead algae, there was nobody from the hotel on the beach area so we were on our own. There were some people trying to remove the dead algae with a caterpillar so the noise was terrible. We didnt last very long on that beach, we walked up north about 800meters or more to find clear water (the amount of algae was horrible) The next day we decided to spend it on the pool area because the beach was not worthy. The spa area is ok, the Hamman and particularly the Sauna are VERY small if you take in to consideration how big the hotel is, it should be bigger IMHO. generally its a very good hotel, I just guess we weren't lucky with the algae problem.

Room Tip: Almost all the rooms face the pool area and have a small terrace, just make sure to check/ask them i...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank pabstraveller
Guest Relation M, Responsable relations clients at The Russelior Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Dear pabstraveller ;

We would like to thank you for your constructive comments and your Recommendation.

Dear Sir,on the weekend you are referring to our private Beach was not prepared yet to welcome clients the same issue about our golf car service. these services should be provided on the middle of june.
Please be sure that your concern has been passed on to the department managers to raise awareness of the issue.
We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Tunisia.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed at the Russelior Hotel in May 2012. The hotel is very modern and tastefully decorated to a very high standard. The pool area is very well maintained with a variety of loungers, day beds and seating to choose from. The food was fantastic, I would recommend the Japanese restaurant where the Salmon from the Teppanyaki menu was the best I have tasted.
It is a non alcohol and no smoking hotel which gives a very relaxing and peaceful atmosphere. The staff are immaculately presented and are very helpful with any queries.
A short 5 minute walk will get you to the beach and the Marina and a little further along are the shops and restaurants.
There is a free wireless internet connection throughout the hotel including the rooms with high speeds and the TV in the room has lots of channels to choose from including several movie channels.
This is most definitely a 5* hotel with 5* service, I would most definitely return.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank zzClarezz
Guest Relation M, Responsable relations clients at The Russelior Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
dear zzClarezz ;

We would like to thank you very much for your constructive comments about the hotel and the staff. We thank you for sharing your positive experience and excited to have you return as our guest in the near future.

Tunis, Tunisia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Well located in Hammamet Sud, the hotel is just few meters walking distance from the Marina and the restaurants area. The hotel was fully renovated recently, offer luxury rooms in a modern design. The Spa is nice and the staff is friendly. Note that this is a dry and a non smoking hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hakim K
Guest Relation M, Responsable relations clients at The Russelior Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Mr Hakim ,

we would like to thank you very much for your wonderful review and your recommendation;we are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in the Russelior

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Russelior

Yours sincerely,
Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

After staying in Tunis and constantly been disappointed with quality and service almost everywhere, this hotel was a welcome exception. Of course, as Tunisia is not Europe or the developed world really, you will still need to lower your expectations, but even if this hotel would not get 5 stars in Europe, it is anyhow very comfortable.

I was traveling with my husband and my mother. I had made a booking for 2 nights from Friday to Sunday and paid it through an internet website and the hotel had not received the booking. Being used to being disappointed in Tunisia, I checked with the hotel beforehand, luckily, since I also wanted to request a quiet room. They did not reply to my e-mail and I had to call the reservations 3 times before the reservations manager asked me to forward the booking confirmation to her. By the time of entering the hotel I still did not know if our booking had been received or not (the reservations manager never replied) but luckily there was a room for us and the check-in was very welcoming and smooth. We were asked to sit on the sofas and served tea while filling in the guest forms.

Thanks to the other reviews on trip advisor we had booked superior rooms. That was definitely worth it since the standard rooms are on the garden side which is also the parking side. The view from the superior rooms to the pool side is much nicer. They gave my mother a room that was close to ours as I had requested. However, my request for a room on the top floor was not taken into account.

The rooms are very clean and still new, best quality I have seen in Tunisia. The public areas of the hotel are also decorated with great detail and thought. The hotel does not smell like tobacco like pretty much everything else in Tunisia.

The staff was generally quite polite and helpful, very much so in Tunisian terms, but yet again, do not expect the same as in places famous for high quality service. There was an exceptionally good breakfast waiter who I can say was the best I have ever seen anywhere, attending to everything immediately. Thank you Mr. Walid!

The hotel's private beach was unfortunately still closed, which we were quite disappointed with, seeing that some other hotels already did have theirs open, even if it still is quit early season. So we tanned at the pool instead, but only managed to swim once because the pool water was extremely cold. Thank goodness, there was no music on the pool. Unfortunately, the music from the next hotel could was so loud that it could be heard, but otherwise the area was very calm and relaxing.

On our last day, we first asked for a late check out at 3 pm which was ok, but then we decided to stay 1 more night and checked at the reception if this was possible. The hotel was very empty so it was and we thought this was sorted and we should pay at check out. When returning from dinner, however, the reception stopped us and said that we need to make a new reservation if we want to extend the stay. This they had not mentioned to us before. Having once worked in a hotel reception myself, it seemed very odd that they could not have just extended the stay at the reception... After some discussion, they then agreed to check us out and make another booking for the extra night but for a higher rate than what we had in the weekend. It was almost 10 pm and we wanted to go to sleep and seeing that the computers were already taken, we did not want to start queuing at that time anymore to make a new reservation on a web site to have the cheaper rate.

The breakfast was the best that I have experienced anywhere in Tunisia. The drinks at the cafe and the pool bar food unfortunately were not good at all. We had once dinner in the Asian restaurant Bonzai. It was over priced as in hotels usually, but tasted quite good. The sushi was the best that I have had anywhere in Tunisia, meaning the only one that I have managed to eat - but still not nearly as good as in Europe. The 2 other nights we ate in our favorite restaurant in the old Hammamet. It is a bit of a drive especially on busy weekend nights but oh so much better food and service for a lot cheaper. In Yasmine Hammamet, I would not have dined anywhere else than the hotel since everything else there is the normal tourist crap: pizza, pasta etc. and where there is fish, it does not look like it is handled so that it is safe to eat...

We knew beforehand that the hotel does not serve any alcohol but does allow your own drinks in the rooms and so we came prepared. The reception even sent champagne glasses up to our room when we needed them. (If you are just visiting Tunisia and want to have champagne, buy it at the airport, latest at the arrivals in Tunis, because you can't really get any for a reasonable price in Tunisia.)

My husband was at the gym every day and the equipment was sufficient enough according to him. All of us also booked treatments at the spa and they were nice. Even the spa staff spoke some English, like almost everyone I was served by at the hotel. Despite the hick-ups related to the reservations, this is definitely best quality I have experienced in Tunisia and therefore will come back to the hotel, even if I did not like Yasmine Hammamet. I can recommend staying at the hotel.

Room Tip: superior room on the pool side
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple