See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2016

We were heading to the area and arrived a day earlier then planned we stayed here in a small 1 room cabin and it was perfect for us, price was great for just a overnight stay. We walked around the area and it looked very nice , you could walk right down to the river and the place was packed, prices seemed very reasonable to rent the larger cabins for the week as well, nice little find for us.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at many places in the Alexandria bay area and Pinehurst is by far the most relaxing place I've stayed! It is a small family business in which the family are the ones that actually run everything unlike the other hotels in the area. Bob and Betty are very accommodating to our needs and they are truly the sweetest, most friendliest people I've ever met. They actually care about their guests and they absolutely do not hesitate to check in with their guests throughout their stay to make sure EVERYTHING is to your liking. I absolutely love the privacy of the cottages and yes you do have to clean your cottage throughout the week but they supply everything and honestly if I'm making the mess, I wanna be the one to clean it but the cottages are cleaned by the maid staff prior to arrival! I would definitely recommend Pinehurst to anybody who like their privacy and room to roam. It is an absolutely beautiful property for sure! Stay at Pinehurst and I'm sure you will love it as much as myself!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeannette R
Reviewed 31 August 2015

I have stayed at many cottages over the years, but this is the first one that informed us that we had to clean the cottage upon departure. When I say clean, I mean clean. A bag of rags, along with cleaning liquid was provided. I can see sweeping the floor and making sure the bathroom was okay - but vacuuming, making beds, mopping the floors, etc was a bit much. The cost of the cottage was up there, so why make us into maids! Also, according to their web site check out is 10am. However, once they had the money we were informed we had to be out at 9am. Could not get in until after 2pm - so what was done during those 5 lost hours? I will be back next year, but it won't be at PINEHURST.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Eileen M
Reviewed 8 August 2015

Let me start by saying that I have not written a review before.I felt,that because of the wonderful time we had & because the owner's were so great that they deserve this review. My family traveled to the 1000 island's for a wedding a couple of weeks ago & we were unaware that during the summer months the area had literally no vacancies at the time we traveled there, this included the hotels in the city. Needless to say we had no place to stay when we arrived in the 1000 island's. We stumbled across the Pinehurst and are thankful we did. The owner's were so understanding & extremely kind. They allowed us to stay in a smaller cottage & then moved us to a larger one the next day without any hesitation. They even set us up with the linens and necessary things to make our stay great. We had only planned to stay a few days for the wedding but ended up staying for 8 days because of the owner's hospitality. This was really a great time for our family & we will always remember what Bob & Betty did for us. Thank you all again for your kindness. Tom & Deb From TN

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed in the sleeping cabins for three nights. The maximum height inside is about 7 ft. The cabins are just tiny. They are marketed as sleeping cottages. There is not much space to move freely inside the cabin but it has a serviceable bed and bathroom and tv. No heating or ac, fridge microwave etc. but there is picnic table and chairs near each cabin to give you place to relax. No housekeeping services but the staff will readily exchange wet towels for dry ones if you take them over.
Inside the cabins are simply decorated and furnishings cute. The staff is very friendly. The sleeping cabins do not have the river view but it is a short walk. The area is quiet, well maintained and there are benches to sit on the bank. A bit of view of the bridge. There is a play area for kids and a pool too which we did not use. Close by is subway. It closes sharp at 10 so plan dinner accordingly. We found food in pizzeria in Alexandria bay downtown after 10.30 so if you miss dinner that's the way to head for food and fun. We saw quite a few pubs and one iron two places which looked like dance places but we didn't check those out.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple