See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights starting July 1. Arriving late from Watkins Glen state park, Bob the owner was very welcoming. The 2 bed cottage was clean, rustic and very homey. We headed straight for the docks after check-in and saw 2 huge blue catfish attracted to our headlights. The lights from the TI bridge was so clear and inviting from the docks. Bob's wife had wonderful advice which we followed before heading for Boldt and Singer castles. It rained while we were there, and the cabin was a great refuge. Open the windows and you have birds chirping and raindrops lulling you to sleep. Definitely worth coming back to. HIGHLY recommended!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Stayed at the Pinehurst Motels and Cottages - last weekend for our 31st Wedding Anniversary - used to book my father and mother at the Pinehurst Motel as it was convenient to Wellesley Island and clean place. However, I have been camping on Wellesley Island for 40 years with family and never knew what was behind the motel. I am amazed --- great accomodations, - nothing beats the Thousand Island Region (and we've been to Paradise Island in the Bahamas) comfortable, clean and Bob and Betty could not be more gracious hosts - in fact they accommodated us even though they were not officially open for the season. Lots of cottages to rent 1, 2, 3, 4 bedrooms. You cannot beat the view right on a bay and the main channel. At night at the firepit you can see the Thousand Island bridge. I got up early in the morning to sit out on the dock with 3 benches by myself from 6 00 am to 7 00 am - most peaceful time I have spent on the river - you can see freighters on the main channel, 8 blue herons, many birds, baby geese, and fish!!! You can rent rowboats and fish right in the bay - they also have a fish station to clean your fish. Definitely coming back to rent the house with a group of friends -- already have a couple of trips in the works. Also for families reasonable accommodations that won't break your bank, pool, sports equipment, quality time fishing on the river, firepit, etc, etc, etc. Would highly recommend to others if you are looking for a nice relaxing vacation. Already going to order a gift certificate for my nephew and talking with friends and family who want to go sight unseen!!!! You are also between Clayton and Alex Bay with more activities to all up and down Route 12 - area which I thought was dying about 7 years ago is coming back with a vengeance - glad to see!!!

Room Tip: So many choices - hard to decide
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Chris L
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We went here with the idea of recreating Summer vacations as kids - going to a cabin resort in the woods. This place fit the bill...nice little kitchen (they will provide you with a microwave if you request it), nice sized living/eating area, beautiful pine forest (but you are parking under those trees, so bring a cover for your car or you will have a big mess as we did), beds were good, bathroom was nice-sized with plenty of hot water. Nothing fancy here, but we weren't looking for that. The management was very friendly and helpful. They keep a pot of coffee outside the office which was very handy on our check-out day. We enjoyed nightly walks down to the water's edge to watch the sunsets, look over at the bridge that goes to Wellesly Island (you can walk across that bridge if you'd like from the visitor's center), watch the huge cargo ships float by, look at all the boats in the marina, enjoy a fire pit, etc.

The Boldt Island trip was a must-see....you can take a picnic over with you. Also take a drive down to Cape Vincent and Sacket's Harbor - quaint and quieter than Alex Bay

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JoyeC
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Read all the reviews and was surprised that a couple of them were so negative. I have stayed there a couple of times and absolutely love it. I prefer the "rustic" cottages, but I realize that's not everyone's choice. The grounds are very well kept and spacious. The
owners are extremely friendly and helpful. I really took exception to the comment regarding
the maids....that was downright nasty! If you are looking for someplace as classy as your
own home, I suggest you just stay home!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The Pinehurst has a wonderful peaceful location set amongst trees with frontage onto the St Lawrence River. The setting is idyllic and relaxing and the Motel has great potential. However the experience is more like camping than a motel. Our cabin was tiny with just a double bed TV chair and very small bathroom with small sink,toilet and shower. The cabin had no coffee maker or fridge and was as basic as it could be. However it was spotlessly clean and cheap at $60 plus tax a night. There is a pool and boats to hire and a place to make a camp fire. We enjoyed our stay it was relaxing and quiet.

Room Tip: Choose one of the newer units at the front for more comfort but the older ones for superb views of the river.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends