See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We went here with the idea of recreating Summer vacations as kids - going to a cabin resort in the woods. This place fit the bill...nice little kitchen (they will provide you with a microwave if you request it), nice sized living/eating area, beautiful pine forest (but you are parking under those trees, so bring a cover for your car or you will have a big mess as we did), beds were good, bathroom was nice-sized with plenty of hot water. Nothing fancy here, but we weren't looking for that. The management was very friendly and helpful. They keep a pot of coffee outside the office which was very handy on our check-out day. We enjoyed nightly walks down to the water's edge to watch the sunsets, look over at the bridge that goes to Wellesly Island (you can walk across that bridge if you'd like from the visitor's center), watch the huge cargo ships float by, look at all the boats in the marina, enjoy a fire pit, etc.

The Boldt Island trip was a must-see....you can take a picnic over with you. Also take a drive down to Cape Vincent and Sacket's Harbor - quaint and quieter than Alex Bay

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JoyeC
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Read all the reviews and was surprised that a couple of them were so negative. I have stayed there a couple of times and absolutely love it. I prefer the "rustic" cottages, but I realize that's not everyone's choice. The grounds are very well kept and spacious. The
owners are extremely friendly and helpful. I really took exception to the comment regarding
the maids....that was downright nasty! If you are looking for someplace as classy as your
own home, I suggest you just stay home!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The Pinehurst has a wonderful peaceful location set amongst trees with frontage onto the St Lawrence River. The setting is idyllic and relaxing and the Motel has great potential. However the experience is more like camping than a motel. Our cabin was tiny with just a double bed TV chair and very small bathroom with small sink,toilet and shower. The cabin had no coffee maker or fridge and was as basic as it could be. However it was spotlessly clean and cheap at $60 plus tax a night. There is a pool and boats to hire and a place to make a camp fire. We enjoyed our stay it was relaxing and quiet.

Room Tip: Choose one of the newer units at the front for more comfort but the older ones for superb views of the river.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank PremierPenrith
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed 9/2-9/4. We stayed in a sleeping cabin. At first, I was really annoyed that the cabin wasn't air conditioned, since the weather was about 90 degrees; but, the provided fan did the trick and there's enough windows in the cabin that it cooled right off. The pool is fantastic-clean, refreshing and relaxing. The grounds are well-taken care of. Sure, the cabins need some work-but nothing a little paint wouldn't fix. I like the charm that this is a family business and you can tell they take pride in it when they ride in the golf carts down by the river just to watch the sun set-truly warmed my heart. We loved having our own picnic table and adirondack chairs to sit in. We truly felt like we were camping, but still had our own bathroom and amenities.

The Bay is only a couple minutes away-so our trip to Boldt Castle was a success!

We are even thinking of coming back next year with relatives to rent the larger cottages-this place is amazing.

By 10pm, you could hear a pin drop outside-which is surprising for Labor Day weekend. I loved it.

Don't let the other negative posts fool you like it almost did me. I was very skeptical before I came here based on those posts...but I'm glad I formed my own opinion!!!

Room Tip: Bring your own tissues, paper towels, etc.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank waterfalls06
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Arrived at Pirates Weekend and needed a cab.... Bob the Owner was saddened that I wasn't able to get a cab immediately and offered to drive myself and my Fiance` into town to enjoy the festivities....NOT only did Bob do that but he came back to pick us up at 11:00 pm to make sure we had a ride home... KUDOS to Bob.... Very pleasant stay and super friendly people... Even Jim on the desk did his absolute best for us... MANY MANY THANKS to Pinehurst....Sincerley Corey Earle from Mallorytown Canada....

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends