Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MaxTheMadDiver
Surat Thani, Thailand

Good Budget Hotel in the middle of Farrang Bar Strip

Review of Top Mansion
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Dec 2012
This Hotel in all my years of travelling in Thailand would have to be the Best "Bang for your Buck" literally speaking.The rooms/bathrooms are impeccably spotlessly clean with good Wifi / Bar Fridge and TV (reception not to good) all for 370 Bt.
The only downside being the Front rooms do suffer from more Street/Bar noise at night till 12:00 and the Tiled/Concrete hallways can be noisy at night and especially in the mornings if you want to sleep in (ie guests/cleaners banging doors/walking down hallway).
Overall for the low price and its location I would highly recommend this hotel if your coming to Udon for the Bar scene.
Date of stay: December 2012
เตียงใหญ่
    AU$29
1.7 km from Top Mansion
View more hotels in Udon Thani
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2012

This is a cheap budget hotel so you get what you pay for.Rooms are ok beds a little hard bathroom very small everthing gets wet when you shower.No lift and no help available to help with luggage.
Great location close to shopping and entertainment would recommend Sinartras next door for breakfast.Staff friendly.

Room tip: Choose a room on a lower floor as there is no lift
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2012

My Udon friends put me onto this great little hotel it is well located to the big Central shopping centre and there are many bars within a short walk. The staff were friendly and I extended my stay by two extra days to take in some more of the nightlife.

The hotel does not have a restaurant so I ate in the in the bar areas most nights and had breakfast in an Irish pub just up the road I did not go hungry.

The rooms were serviced each day and were very clean. I will certainly stay again when I visit Udon again early 2013.

Date of stay: November 2012
2  Thank Gotogofishing
Reviewed 12 October 2012

This is my third visit to UT, have previously stayed at the Charoen (see other reviews).

Top Mansion is a lesson to anyone who wants to learn how to build a budget hotel, it's like a Formule 1 with staff. It's main attraction apart from price is that it's close to everything, for those who've never been to Udon before "everything" is as follows.

1. The strip of girlie bars. Top Mansion is next door but two from the main group of bars but Nutty Park and the ""budget" bars are less than 4 minutes walk.
2. The bus station is a close walk (8 minutes...or a 40 baht tuk-tuk ride with luggage).
3. Central Festival shopping mall for those who need a retail fix. It's pretty crappy.
4. The night markets which are one of the best in Thailand, 6 minute walk

If you're coming to UT for "1", you'd already know about this hotel so I don't need to sell you on it. But for those coming through on the way to Laos or to BKK I can highly recommend Udon as a 1 or 2 day stop and Top Mansion as the place to stay. Most will catch the train but ggetting a bus and stopping off at Khon Kaen and Korat are highly recommended. Songkran in Korat was one of the most frenetic things I've been involved in.

But back to Top Mansions. It's a well built hotel which means it's vermin proof, bug free, the plumbing and drainage and air--conditioning works, these are some of the things that let Thai hotels down. If there was an earthquake or fire I'd fancy my chances in this building. The rooms are very basic but spotless (I saw the cleaning lady literally scrub the tiled floor with a scrubbing brush), the bathrooms are impeccable, basically it's just a simple, solid, reliable product. Rooms are made up daily with new sheets / towels.

The check--in was completely smile free (except from the ladyboy), and almost hassle free. My first room smelt of cigarette smoke but I was promptly given a non-smoking room. I didn't specify when I booked, I don't suppose one should expect mind-reading at the price. Wi--fi is standard of course and quite fast with no dropouts. I had to pay 5 baht for a plastic cup too have a cup of instant coffee in... stingy??? Oh well.

There is no restaurant but right across the road is Nobi's restaurant which has western and Thai food, the local fare is excellent and cheap. Motor bike hire is also across the road at the hair salon. Friendly enough but they make you leave a 2,000 baht deposit, fair enough I suppose.

If the hotel had a pool it'd be perfect, but then the price would also go up so it's a question of balance. In a hot climate like UT I'd personally pay more for a pool but for many residents that would take money away from the girlie budget.

The proximity of the bars will be an issue for some, firstly because some people have a moral objection to prostitution, then there's the noise from the bars until after midnight that is largely, but not completely, eliminated by closing the louvres. You won't escape it so if you need absolute tranquility to get to sleep DO NOT stay here!! As for any moral considerations about old western men with young Thai women, make up your own mind but a warning that there will be a steady stream of these newly found lovers passing through the lobby in the morning. Who is really being exploited is the question that should be asked.

Overall this is one of the better value for money places I've stayed in Thailand and I come here often, have lived and worked here. If and when I build my own hotel in Asia this is the model I'll follow. Highly recommended.

Room tip: Get a room on the middle floor, three flights carrying your own bags is killer.
Date of stay: October 2012
4  Thank s0ma25
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Top mansion is right in the heart of Udon and has everything well within walking distance, the rooms although a little basic are very clean, light and airy, compact bathroom and good shower. the only slight negative is it can be a little noisy if you have a room over looking the street! all in all a pleasant stay and i would return.

Room tip: ask for a room not over looking the street
Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed 4 August 2012

If you are looking for a clean, basic, room for sleeping that will not cost you a lot this is the place. Property seems to be slipping a bit in exterior cleanliness and upkeep. Just a place to sleep. If your looking for a pool, nice breakfast, fancy room with ambience.....head to their new property next door which has just been built. Can't complain about the cost....would not want to stay in the room for a week but for 1-2 nights fine.

Room tip: probably low floor if you have luggage....no lift
Date of stay: July 2012