“An unforgettable day”

Phuket Sail Tours
Ranked #3 of 47 Tours in Thalang District
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Phuket Sail Tours is a family run business with over 13 years experience in Phuket, Krabi and Khao Lak. We offer a range of high quality tours to Phi Phi and Phang Nga Bay. We keep the number of guests on each tour low, we do not over crowd our boats. Activities include snorkeling, canoeing, caving, swimming, beach picnics, relaxing and more. All year round. We have sought the best places and know how to avoid the crowds. Our tours can only be booked directly with us, we do not work through any agents. We hope to see you aboard!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I booked the Phi Phi Speedboat tour for my family, consisting of two adults, a 6 year old and a 3 year old based on the other great reviews on Trip Advisor.

The booking process was so easy and they were so informative of what the day would comprise of as well as what we would need to do in advance of the day of our tour and what we would need to bring with us.

Two days before I contacted PST and they emailed me back straight away and then again the next day to confirm the pick up arrangements. We were met just before 6am at our hotel and then taken to the PST office via two other hotels (pick ups), where they had breakfast waiting for us. There was a good selection of fruits, toasted sandwiches, cereal and hot and cold drinks. We were then asked to get our flippers for the snorkelling before having a quick briefing from the tour guide, Sui. There was around 38 people so they split us into two groups for two different boats which stayed together for the day.

We were greeted by Captain Mark, the owner, on the pier which was a nice touch, before we boarded our boat. The boat was really clean and had plenty of room for everyone to spread out. We were given a full briefing for the itinerary of the day and told that we could help ourselves to drinks and snacks in the huge cooler in the middle of the boat whenever we wanted.

The journey out to the first Island was really smooth and took just under an hour. We were the first to arrive at Bamboo Beach and made the most of this to take photos and explore. After about an hour we set off to our next stop for some snorkelling, being a non-swimmer, I decided to stay on the boat while my husband made the most of this opportunity. The views were amazing so I was able to take plenty of photos and get to know the other people on the boat during this time. We then set off to see the monkeys on Monkey Island but we didn't go onto the beach as the monkeys have been known to get aggressive, we got close enough to see them all on the cliff sides.

After this we stopped on Phi Phi Dom for a lovely Thai lunch. I was a little wary as we had avoided eating outside of well established restaurants due to hygiene etc but the tables laid out for us were very clean and the food looked and tasted amazing. I had made sandwiches for the children at our hotel but the restaurant also provided fries for them. We had enough time after lunch to go explore the Island before we set off for our next spot of snorkelling in a lagoon on the other side of Ko Phi Phi Lee. The views were absolutely stunning. We stopped here for 30 minutes before we set of to Maya Bay, the famous beach from the movie "The Beach". Sui had warned us that it was going to be busy and she wasn't wrong. There were a lot of boats and people but this didn't detract from the beauty of the Bay. It was such a hot day so we wanted to get into the sea to cool down but unfortunately it was quite dirty. Sui had told us about a forest trail which takes you out to the other side of the Island where you can get a great view of the lagoon so we did that instead.

PST are amazing, they really looked after us all. Captain Toto and his team did a great job of getting us to all the islands and helping us on and off the boat and Sui and her right hand woman were always handing our fruit or other food whenever we'd get back on the boat. All the other boats we saw were crowded to the brim and with not enough sitting space for all of those on board, we had so much room that our children and another family were able to lie down and sleep on seats on the way back to Phuket Island and other people had enough room to spread out and sit comfortably.

I would highly recommend PST, don't even waste your time looking at other tour operators if you want to visit the Phi Phi Islands or Phang Nga Bay as you won't find anyone better.

2  Thank HarpreetKT
CpnMark, Owner at Phuket Sail Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Ahoy there Harpreet. Thank you for the great review! I have sent a copy to your guide Sui. She will be as happy as I am to know that your family had a great day at Phi Phi.

Thank you for joining us, we hope to see you again next time you come to Phuket. We have a lot more to show you.

All the best,
Mark, Sui and the crew.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,391)
All reviews
in 95 reviews
"small group"
in 107 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We couldn’t have asked for a better island tour. We chose the Phang Nga Bay speedboat tour and it was everything we wanted to see. The boat arrived before all the other boats got there and then we would leave right before they were arriving. We had most of the places all to our selves. It was great. There was only 12 people on the boat (including our family of 4). The staff on the boat was super friendly and very helpful. We have 2 kids, a 3 year old and a 5 month old. They played with our kids, joked around and assisted with anything we needed. They helped us unload off the boat and carried our beach bag and towels/beach mat at every stop. One of the guys even carried my 3 year old through the ice cream cave. We were so greatful for how helpful they were with the kids! It was nice to not feel like having the kids on a group boat tour was a bother. They made us feel very comfortable with the kids. The boat is fine for kids, by the way. It wasn’t rough at all. There was plenty of drinks and snacks for the whole day and the lunch at the floating village was so good! Highly recommend Phuket Sail Tours and we would definitely chose them again!

Hello K! I am very happy to know that your entire family enjoyed your speed boat trip of the bay. It means a lot to us.

I have sent a copy of your review to your guide Sui. She will be pleased too.

Thank you for joining us, and thank you for letting us know you found the trip amazing.

We hope we see you again next time you are in Phuket, there is a lot more to see.

Happy travels,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful trip with Jack Dundee as our tour guide. He was very attentive and looked after everyone really well. Lunch at the floating village was exceptional although a little long as we weren't interested in shopping. The beaches we stopped at were beautiful and very peaceful (until the booze cruise turned up)! Only improvement we ask is to accept credit card payments.

Hello Snub. Jack and I are very happy to read your review, it means a lot to us.

Thank you for joining us, and thank you for the great review of your speed boat trip of Phang Nga Bay.

About credit cards. We would be happy to be more receptive of credit cards, if our guests would be happy to pay the extra fees. In our experience very few are. I don't think many people realise just how expensive credit card and pay pal fees can be.

We hope to see you again next time you are here, we have more to show you.

Mark, Jack and the crew.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Highly recommend. I've been on six of these boat tours to various islands around Thailand and this has been my favorite by far. It's pricer than the other companies but it's worth it. All the other tours I've been on have been crowded and the boat packed with people. They also go to each location during peak hours so you end up sharing a beach with hundreds of people. This tour really focused on avoiding the crowds. Each place we stopped at we were the only tour group there and we would leave exactly when the big wave of tour groups came. There were also only 12 people on the entire speedboat which allowed you to lounge and sleep comfortably without feeling like you're invading someone's personal space. The tour guide (Sui) was extremely nice and attentive. She prioritized us and listened to our requests. She was also very funny and nice and seemed like she enjoyed her job and talking to us. They also had a cooler stocked with water, soda, candy bars, and various assortments of Thai fruits that go beyond the standard watermelon and pineapple. I really like that we only drove by James Bond Island bc from the boat I could see how crowded and touristy it was and I only really want a picture with the island as the background. The itinerary already has beaches in it anyways. I went on the Phang Bay tour and a bonus: the beach they took us to was the same one that the Victoria's Secret models visited when they were in Thailand! Overall I'm very statisfied with the trip and I highly recommend.

Hello Victoria. Sui has some explaining to do, she never told me about Victoria's Secrets.

Anyway, thank you for joining our Explore Phang Nga Bay speed boat tour, and thank you for the very nice review. I am happy that you had a good time. It means a lot to us.

We hope you come back and see us again next time you are here. We have other places to which we want to take you.

Have fun,