If you look for a perfect place to relax for 3-4 days, come here.
The small and very private hotel is basic, lovely and authentic. Staff is VERY friendly and after 2 days we felt like friends. The beach is welcoming.Or you lay on the lawn just at the beachfront. After 10 minutes walk you reach an even better beach with a little beach bar. The beach is so perfect, boats from Phuket come here to stop for a swim and drink. But in the afternoon they leave and the beach is lonely again.
Staying in a tent near the sea was great and definitly something different. But it does not feel too much like in a tent .. only the sounds of the wild during the night and the waves on the shore.
The huts are lokated very nice with good view over the sea (unless a banana tree blocks the way ; - )
Via the hotel we booked a day trip to Phang Nga bay. Just breathtaking. On the way we stoped at an island with caves and a lake. Not all boats would find the way to get there.
The food is the best Thai we ever had - and we both love Thai kitchen. Since we were so interested in cooking, the cook invited us to cook with her and to show us her recepies. Two girls from Bangkok joined us and we cooked together. The whole staff watched and had fun with us.
At Long Kratong we joined the staff building boats.Unfortunately there was a lot of wind, so the boats capsized soon on the water. But all enjoyed the common activity and fun.
We hope to come to Thailand soon again. Best regards to Paul Burus and the staff !!!
Nana and Nikolaus
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Possibly the only Luxury Tent-Island Resort in Phuket. The limited use of this small-unspoiled Island hideaway enhances the genuine feeling of inner peace. Guests are provided with oil lamps and candles used for light while electricity are generated and used only in the restaurant area. Luxury tent accommodations under the palm trees and the stars in permanent tent structures comfortably furnished with wooden floors, raised 6 ft. bed, en suite bathroom. Chill out at your own outdoor terrace. All units have magnificent view of Phang Nga Bay and stunning beauty of surrounding islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Tenta Nakara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tenta Nakara Hotel Thalang
- Tenta Nakara Phuket, Thailand