Lowest prices for your stay
USD 37
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
USD 35
Priceline
USD 34
Hotels.comUSD 35
FindHotelUSD 37
TravelocityUSD 35
All reviews pool access room pool bar hotel runs seafood bars and restaurants shuttle buses amazing hotel beaches patong tub
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Spotted this deal through Getaway and snapped it up fast! 5 nights for 2 adults/children, with some cool little pluses such as daily icecream for kids & 2 free dinners/lunches/breakfast daily, all for less than $400 - Stoked!

One hour taxi from Phuket airport, we were worried Rawai wouldn't have much to do/eat/see being so far away from action-packed Patong...so wrong! Stacks of sweet little joints to eat at.. It didn't feel touristy in the slightest walking along the main street. Nobody to hassle you to buy anything. We felt weirdly out of place because of the local vibe... which I liked... Sooo much quieter than Patong and Koh Samui, where we had just come from... I was craving some peace and some space and got it on the chilled out streets of Rawai.

The resort was brilliant for children. Huge pools, tasty icecream treats in the swim up bar. Lots of cartoon channels for kids in the spacious room. Super friendly staff. A gym, where I attempted to work off my daily buffet breakfast each morning.

On our last night in Rawai we ate at the Chocolate Bar (2 min walk down the road from resort).. such a huuuge mistake leaving it til the last night, if I could turn back time I'd have eaten there every night. Tastiest Thai food we ate on the 2 weeks over there, as well as the cheapest... Felt so wrong paying so little for such amazing & fresh food (ginger tofu cashew stirfry + tofu pad thai + bob marley tunes = soo choice)

Ooooh. This amazingly friendly man from Australia (approached me at breakfast to ask if I was Scandinavian... He was from Australia, but happened to be Scandinavian... I am Australian, & not Scandinavian... anyhoo...) he chatted to my partner a little over the course of our stay, and on our 2nd last day left his awesome moped with my partner because he and his wife were going to Phi Phi Island for the day... What a thoughtful thing to do! Without doubt the highlight of our Rawai visit... Spent hours cruising around the coast, mostly north stopping it at Karon, & some nice little bays along the way... Crazy to go to Thailand & not hire a scooter. Most scenic & beautiful, winding, mountainous roads. Ahh Bliss.

Recommend this place highly. Cannot wait to go back to Rawai Palm Beach Resort!

Room tip: I'd probably get a room with a pool entrance next time.. Definitely jealous that we didn't have the freedom to dive into the pool straight from our balcony!
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank kayteabee
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We have been here for 7 days and are very happy, our room is very spacious and clean. The pool is fantastic and the staff are lovely, some don't speak English, but you manage and they are always smiling. Breakfast is not too bad it depends which chief you have that morning. The restaurant meals are generally great, but they tend to over cook your meat, however the prices are more than reasonable, in fact there very cheap cheap cheap. Nothing much to do in rawai other than relax, but there is always a taxi waiting if you want to go somewhere.

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank franja03
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We have just move from Kamala beach to Rawai and Palm Beach Resort seems to have everything that we need. We are especially thrilled with our room that has a private pool outside our room that leads to the main pool which meanders throughout the resort.
Rawai beach is a beautiful place with many great eateries.
Yes some of the staff need to be a bit more welcoming but so far we have not encounter any problems.

Room tip: Book the deluxe pool access were you can step straight out of your room into your own private pool with access to the main pool.
Date of stay: September 2012
3  Thank Jeff and Kerrie E
Reviewed 31 August 2012

How would you react if you were to see a bathtub the moment you open the door to your room? I got shocked, washroom area right at the door. Poor design indeed, not even a hook or whatsoever to hang your towels, clothing, etc. My room isnt clean too, during my 4 nights stay there, my balcony wasnt even cleaned once and it's littered with lizards droppings. Even the basin is full of filth too. WIFI is extremely slow as well.

Breakfast has limited choices and the bacon/egg section is the worst i ever come across. To top it up, staff in the restaurant are extremely rude and unhelpful. Coffee/tea is placed at 2 counters separate from the food area which usually is manned by a staff. However the staff won't bother themselves to lift up the pot to serve you a drink even if you were to walk up to the counter yourself. Neither will any of the waitress/waiter who walk around the restaurant bother to ask if you need a drink or even to refill your drink (coffee/tea). When i requested to be served a cup of tea, i got a dirty look instead. On one morning it was raining heavily and the moment i stepped into the restaurant, one of the waitress pointed fiercely to the other far corner and demanded i place my wet umbrella there.

I travel extensively in Thailand, especially in Phuket. This is certainly the worst hotel i've stayed in.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank damon_88chua
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay. The hotel could not have done more for us. The staff were so friendly and everything was just lovely. The location was just amazing, away from the smell and crowds of Patong. We took a cooking class and there was only the two of us with three people assisting. As it was a good half hour by car to Patong (which is fabulous for the night life as Rawai was very quiet at night) we took taxis everywhere and there were always private taxis waiting by the lobby. The drivers were wonderful and were more like chauffers. Nui picked us up from the airport on arrival and then we travelled with him on most days. One night we went to Phuket town and Nui dropped us off where we requested. He was a little concerned about the area but I was not worried. When we started walking to find the restaurant we were lost and headed into a dark area. Nui had decided to make sure we went to a safe destination and kept an eye on us. When he realised we were lost he suggested an amazing seafood restaurant overlooking the whole of Phuket town. He then picked us up when we asked. Nui looked after us at anytime of the day we requested, he helped make our holiday truly special. The rooms were lovely and we were upgraded for the whole 6 nights. We had a beautiful Thai massage and Thai dinner at the resort and absolutely loved the pool and swim up bar. Even the room service was amazing, we had such a wonderful holiday.

Date of stay: August 2012