“Exceptional stay, staff and experience!”

Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Rawai
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed one night, booked a Serenity Suite and were upgraded to a Two Bedroom Suite upon arrival. After an incident with the elevator, we were upgraded again to a Residence Suite (with private pool), which was, in a word, incredible.
The manner of the staff in dealing with the incident was exceptional and without a doubt we would again stay at this wonderful resort. The staff were also great in organizing our transfer arrangements for our departure, and ensuring our stay was as great as it could be.
Overall a wonderful resort which we would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Get a sea view room if possible, the view is incredible!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MattiMelbourne
UrsPhuket, General Manager at Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2012

Thank you very much for your nice review. We are glad to hear that our team dealt with your situation appropriately, when the elevator needed unforseen maintenance. Sincerely Urs - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Was recommended to this hotel by a friend. This hotel is located at far end of Phuket - Rawai. It is away from all the crowd and main city areas, best for a quiet getaway. Good location if you just want to relax and basically doing nothing at all :p

We stayed from 3-6 may 2012. Upon reaching we were greeted by the hotel lovely and polite staffs and was informed that they had upgraded us to the Grand Suite! It was simply amazing! Best room I've stayed so far.. Comes with 2 bedrooms and a huge balcony overseeing the beach. Room is very clean, everything is provided and is very organized.

Hotel also provide free shuttle service to patong/town area but you have to book 1 day in advance. We did not take their free shuttle as the timing doesn't match our schedule. There is a taxi stand just outside the lobby and I must say that taxis are really expensive in Phuket.. Also you can grab some stuffs from the 7-11 opposite to do some cooking in their fully equipped kitchen :)

We visited Phi Phi Island on 2nd day and was disappointed at the massive amount of Chinese tourist and speedboats (no offence, i'm an Asian myself.. ) They spit and litter..!! Truly disappointing despite the beautiful waters and scenery. Hence we drop by the Nai Harn Beach on the 3rd day, this beach is just 10mins away from Serenity. Nai Harn is almost a private beach, very quiet and scenic! Great Hotel + Great Beach nearby... This location and resort is the best if you just want a quiet vacation. I've been to Patong and I dislike the crowd and noise.

Now I am looking forward my next trip to bring my family along and stay in their residence pool suite!! Thank you Serenity for making my holiday a wonderful one! =)

Room Tip: Seaview will be much more worth it, and don't take the room on the ground floor, will have lots...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaneLing
UrsPhuket, General Manager at Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Thank you very much for your nice review and we are happy to hear that you had a great time at Serenity Phuket! Looking forward to welcoming you again, we remain, With kind regards, Urs - General Manager

Reviewed 5 May 2012

We stayed at serenity for 4 days with my elderly in laws, my husband and my two children aged 3. Years and 4 months respectively. I could not be happier with my experience. It is at a quiet end of Phulet. So if you want to be at the thick of activities this is not the place. But if you to be away from the hustle and bustle it can't get better than this. We were a bit hesitant about booking the hotel thinking it might not be kid friendly. We were very wrong. There were a number of families but still it was quiet. The staff were really nice with my kids. The pool is lovely. We stayed in the grand suite with 2 bedrooms and it was HUGE. Great food, excellent service, fabulous view. I could not have asked for more. We had 4 meals apart from breakfast at the hotel and food never disappointed us. Kids club kept my daughter happy. I would highly recommend this place to everyone. Maybe because it was off season the hotel threw in some free perm's like massages and kids piazza. So I tried the spa and found it to be great as well.

Room Tip: We Grand suite room 818 has one of the best views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your nice review and i will certainly pass on the compliments to our team! Sincerely, Urs - General Manager

Reviewed 3 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 7 days. The resort is clean and well maintained, the staff are helpful even if at times they have a bit of difficulty understanding what is required. The room was cleaned twice a day and the bed turned down in the evening with a fresh flower left at each side, a nice touch. Bottled water was provided free in the room everyday. The resort is built on a hill so there are several flights of steps to negotiate every time you want to go from your room to the pool, restaurant area or to leave the hotel. The resort ends at the seawall, the tide comes in to the wall and recedes a long way so the outlook is often little water and lots of sandflats. Even when the tide is in, the water is quite shallow, the locals walk out a long way to fish. There is very little within walking distance from the resort so it is more suited to the tourist who wishes to hire a scooter or car whilst on holiday, or the one who just wants to stay around the pool every day. We did not want to do that so relied on the taxi stand outside the hotel and the free transport to Patong Beach provided by the resort at 5pm each day (this has to be booked the day before). We also went for some very long walks. South of the resort at Rawai there is a gypsy village on the shore and a variety of restaurants to choose from. It was easy to get a taxi (200 baht) back to the resort from there after our meal. about the same distance in the opposite direction is Pier Street, this looks like the happening area for night life but it was very quiet while we were there.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 19_liz_59

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our resort and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We note your comment on the English speaking ability of some of our team members and would like to inform you that we are providing English language classes for our team in order to improve this. Sincerely, Urs - General Manager

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Just came back from a 5 day stay at the Serenity with my wife & kids and absolutely loved the place: the 2-bedroom suite was probably the biggest I've ever stayed in, fantastic views of the pool and ocean , a fully equipped kitchen that allowed us to cook some eggs for breakfast, quick & tasty room service, lovely pool staff, a proper kids club and a great gym. Basically all the ingredients for a great getaway and having stayed at the property before, I'm happy to see that it's kept all of it's (high) standards up & then some, allowing a hotelier myself to really enjoy my stay. Already looking forward to my next trip.

Room Tip: Rooms at the bottom buildings are closest to the pool, restaurant, kids club & gym
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your nice review and we are glad to hear that your family enjoyed your stay at Serenity. We look forward to welcome you again! Kind regards, Urs - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawai
1.1 km away
7.6 km away
Mandarava Resort and Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
#2 of 11 in Karon Beach

Been to Serenity Resort & Residences Phuket? Share your experiences!