Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
karenromsey
Romsey, Australia

attention to detail

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Nov 2012
Good value for money great location. Rooms need to be better maintained. i.e. broken
tile in shower, shower rose not working. Scratches and scrapes need to be touched up.
Pool side furniture needs to be maintained. i.e. replace missing bolts and screws.
Staff great.
Date of stay: November 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
3.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
3.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual contributor and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
AU$125
    AU$115
2.0 km from Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong
View more hotels in Patong
3,502 results
All reviews swim up bar nice hotel otop market swimming pool deevana phuket bangla baht
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2012

This is a great hotel in a great location. 5 minutes from the beach by foot and the pool is beautiful. The reception area is lovely - open plan. The hotel is seconds away from restaurants, bars and shops and around 10 minutes walk to Bangla Road. I would definitely stay there again. The family rooms are fantastic, with a separate area from the parents bed, a curtain separates an area with bunk beds, a playstation and Winnie the Pooh wallpaper. Very spacious and clean and great service.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank corfuclara
MercurePatong, General Manager at Deevana Plaza Phuket Patong, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Phuket Deevana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

The hotel was ok, checking in and out was very good. The towels in the room were threadbare, the wifi for two people was terrible, my friend got one code that worked perfectly and I got another and it was terrible, cutting in and out, and I had to sit in one corner of the room, so not good...

There were no slippers in the room, the kettle didn't work, only 2 sachets of coffee, we ended up having to go and buy more.

Breakfast was ok, but I had to pay extra to have it when I booked. This should have been with the room rate I feel.

The staff didn't smile much and having been to Phuket many times, other hotels I have stayed at were much better all round. It wouldn't be my choice of hotel when I return to Phuket

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2012

This Hotel is good when compared to most of the dross in Patong, but the standard here is pretty poor. A bit noisy, a bit damp smelly (but it goes away).

The staff are friendly, in so much as everything you say, you hold their hands up and bow, even to the complaints of the noise, or any other complaint you have. The Gym sucks, the pool is the saving grace, big and plenty of beds round about it.
None of the advertised classes of Aquarobics, Yoga and all the others ever took place (wife wasn't happy).
The Wi-Fi is good in the room, but can be a bit slow, but this is to be expected in this area.

So, this was our 2nd visit, and even though ive moaned about it, i would come back here as it better the devil you know.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank lesliedocherty-GLA
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Mercure Patong Phuket provides excellent service!. I would give the rating of 9/10.The other minus 1 point is nothing to do with this hotel and is only based on my personal opinion that I think the walking distance to JungCeylon is quite far, 10 to 15 minutes walk there. Anyway, on the way to JungCeylon, you'll walk past many shops selling T-shirts, beach wears, slippers, etc.

About the room, it is lovely. We stayed in a pool viewed room on the second floor. Beautiful room, exactly what you see in their website. Nice decoration and a balcony with a coffee table and two chairs to enjoy the pool. Toilet very clean and well maintained and also comes with shower and bathtub.

Plenty of SPA nearby and quite near to Patong Beach. The restaurant in this hotel offers wide choices of food. They even had poolside dinner on the days we were there.

We really enjoyed our stay throughout!

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 12 November 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Mercure for eight nights. After reading reviews on Trip Advisor I was concerned that I may have picked the wrong hotel - as soon as we arrived I felt at ease. This staff and hotel is fantastic and the location is fantastic!! We had breakfast with our package, which was of a good standard. On long day trips (islands) we decided to have dinner at the restaurant, the food was nice and convenient. The pool was lovely and clean - great sun loungers too. We had a room facing the pool, the room was clean and spacious, our bed was very comfortable. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and did a terrific job. We could not fault the staff and their service at this hotel, in other reviews people were quick to criticise them - this was something that put me off the hotel before we arrived. The hotel is located in a great spot, only a two minute walk to the market and a few minute walk to some great restaurants. I am already planning my next trip to Phuket and I will be staying at the Mercure. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

Date of stay: October 2012