“Best place to eat in Phuket”

Home Kitchen, Bar & Bed
Ranked #83 of 712 Restaurants in Patong
Price range: USD 6 - USD 15
Cuisines: European, French, Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Happiness is Home made!! The best hang out on the island, twisted modern cocktails with the best matching food by award winning chef Daniel Isberg. The place looks like a museum, top decoration for trendy people.....
Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

I ate at Home almost every day I was in Phuket. It’s the perfect location, right on the beach but just out of Patong so it’s not crowded.

The restaurant/ guesthouse itself is a piece of art. Unique and quirky but super cool and modern. The owner designed it all himself. I loved the atmosphere.

Even though the menu didn’t mention vegetarian options they were super accommodating and made me really anything I felt like eating. Every meal was delicious.

I definitely recommend going for sunset. They have a great cocktail list and an ever greater view.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

Food was great and the cocktails were spectacular. Atmosphere was lovely and a nice break from the other restaurants in the area. I would highly recommend going here.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Lovely quirky restaurant a little off the beaten track
Staff very friendly
Food very very nice
Reasonable prices
Cheapest bottle of wine so far although only 1 choice
Only criticisms are that the staff were waiting with the main course by the table before we’d finished our starter which was a bit off putting and our final drinks didn’t arrive together - the couple on the next table were waiting some time between each of them getting their mains.
This would not however put us off going again

Reviewed 20 December 2017

I really like Home Kitchen and I really wanted to give them a higher star rating but sadly, on the night, things just didn't go as well as they should have done.

First of all, the design is fantastic, it's quirky, completely different to anything else in Phuket and the food and the cocktails really are great so this average rating is not focused on any of these points.

Things fell short of the mark when it came to the front of house team forgetting about one of our orders, mixing up a drinks order and for stepping out to the front of the restaurant to smoke right after we had placed a drinks order (an order that sadly didn't make it to the bar first!) It's just sloppy and the customer experience suffers badly as a result.

The music is TERRIBLE and it really doesn't fit with the surroundings. I can't believe that the bulk of customers want to listen to entire albumns by Phil Collins, I would have expected some Lo Fi relaxing beats, just something from the current century would have been a start.

The speed of service is slow, at one stage we were literally the only table of customers and things still moved at a snail's pace. I would hate to see how things function should the restaurant ever become busy.

We will return but it may not be for a while given our experience this week.

1  Thank Herriotcube
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere on this road side restaurant was relaxed, enganging, friendly though very efficient service. The food was when you ask for authentic Thai was, amazing. They add the spices true to original Panang Red curry Duck and Thai Green Curry was Aamazing