See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2010

Amanta is a stylish, small little hotel at the back of Patong. The rooms are obviously designed by a woman and look great. However there are a few things that i didnt like....
Firstly there is an open window into the bathroom, so everyone can see when u are using the toilet and shower. There is no curtain. There was also a lot of construction work going on when we stayed, which started at 7 am every morning which is very loud. Do not darest look outside the view is horrible. The staff (not all) are rude, particularly some of the breakfast staff was very pushy about me paying for my coffee when i was still eating! There is no elevator so request for a room on a lower floor. There is free internet but it is a bit dodgy, but hey its free. I guess the best part of it is that its central patong. Locals dont know where it is, so make sure you grab a business card from reception and they know where it is. Amanta let us keep our luggage in the reception on our last day while waiting for our lift to the airport. So i will say its a good price, but not the best. Perfect for young tourists looking for jjust a place to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank zara_h011
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We booked a room at Amanta house through the internet. However, on arriving at Phuket we were intially surprised at the room that was provided to us. The walls were chipping and the bathroom was unclean. On complaining, we were shifted to a better room. The surprise element was the See through window between the bathroom and the bedroom! Amanta house is more like a large guest house. They have a restaurant (more of a coffee shop) attached where food is served. Our booking included complimentary breakfast and it was quite okay.
Amanta House is located conveniently near the beach and its a nice pleasant walk to the place. There are plenty of travel Agents nearby where you can book Taxis or sightseeing tours. Many Massage Parlours also close to the hotel. They have free internet with wifi (Though we didn't use it much). Nearby (At the beach is a Restaurant called Dubai Restaurant, where they serve Indian food, so that was a big relief).
Overall, the stay was quite pleasant and relaxing.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BivasMishra
Reviewed 18 June 2010

General Impressions:
Many budget hotels try to emulate the large chain hotels, and having neither the money nor the buying power that the chains have, they always end up looking as a sad copy of a Holiday Inn or City Lodge. Amanta did not fall in this trap. Every room is uniquely designed (I am told, I only saw my own), and the décor and use of very strong colour is an absolute pleasure on the eye. Please have a look at the hotel's website, the pics are an accurate reflection of what it looked like when i stayed there. You will either love it or hate it. I LOVED IT.

Location:
The hotel is perfectly situated. It is a few minutes walk from the beach and very close to the shopping centre (large air-conditioned modern JungCeylon), easy walk to paradise street and walking street. There are numerous eateries in the same block, laundry across the street and beauty salons less than a minute away. Taxi and tuk-tuk stands and car rentals are literally within a minute from the front door. To top this all, it is OUTSIDE the party area, so you have peace and quiet.

Appearance:
Unique, strong colours. A combination of very clever use of colour and painting techniques creates a peaceful haven on Patong beach. I have heard some americans complain about the lack of carpets, but frankly with the temperatures of Phuket and the possibility of sand from the beach getting caught in the carpets, I think the option of painted floors are the best.

Facilities:
This is a budget hotel, so do not expect facilities you would get in a large hotel. The room I used did not have a bath, but the bathroom and rooms were large and airy, and the shower functioned perfectly. FREE HIGH-SPEED INTERNET in the rooms are a welcome surprise. The beds are large and comfortable and there is ample cupboard space. The air-conditioners work extremely well, and rooms are cool within minutes from switching them on.

There is no lift, so if you stay on a higher floor, expect to use the stairs. (4 floors only).

The restaurant is a nightmare best forgotten. Service is terribly slow, the selection is extremely limited and the food taste awful. Even if you have booked for Bed and breakfast, do yourself a favour and eat elsewhere.

Parking is a problem if you rent a car, but the staff helped me find a spot for my car. (Travel to the temples and other beaches are MUCH cheaper if you rent a small car).

Service:
The hotel is staffed by the friendliest group I have met. They will smile and greet you whenever they see you, but language is a problem. Room cleaning is prompt and efficient, but that seems about to be the limit of what they will do for you. Amanta House in my experience has been unique in Thailand as the only place where I carried my own bag. In itself not a problem, but certainly unique in Thailand.

NO JOINING FEES !

This hotels has been an absolute pleasure, and the peace and quiet must be the primary reason for staying here. I walked every night to the party spots, and could come back to a quiet, clean and nice place to sleep. When I next visit Phuket, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Service:
We were checked in by the little boy. He was a great help throughout our entire trip. Service from the older lady was also warm and friendly :). Service was pretty average for breakfast in the restaurant.

Room:
We liked our room. It was clean, tidy, comfortable and had character (see photos). Breakfast was included in the cost of accommodation. There was also a computer available downstairs for guests to use.

Location:
Right in the heart of Patong, but located in a quiet street away from the hustle and bustle. We actually spent the most of our time outside of Patong so probably shouldn't have stayed there in hindsight, but it was very easy to get around (we hired a scooter - just make sure you get helmets and are careful). Explore nearby Surin beach - it was the beach we liked most.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OhThereSheGoes
Reviewed 26 January 2010

terrible . they pretend to be a 3* hotel but, in my opinion,it doesen't meet even an 1* hotel requirements.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple