Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
3,843 results
All reviews sunset wing bowling alley sunset restaurant entertainment team sky pool kids club patong beach buffet breakfast pool access room main pool tuk tuk family holiday main restaurant swim up bar bangla road opposite the beach asha
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 October 2012

My Wife my kids and myself just got back from ten days at the Graceland.
I was very apprehensive after reading some of the trip advisor reviews.
After we got dropped at reception I was pleased to see that this was a good hotel just getting on In years a bit.
We stayed in block seven level 2 and had two interconnecting rooms. This was great for a family.
The rooms were of a good size and were clean. They were just a bit old and tired with incredibly hard beds( ask for a mattress topper )
The hotel facilities were great( excellent pools with bars,bowling alley,pool and billiards room, and a good fitness centre)
The breakfast was a great selection and was very busy so the food was fresh.
The hotel is about 10 mins from bangala rd by foot so it was close to the action but far enough away from the noise.
So we were very happy with the place based on the price.
However this quickly changed after my son got food poisoning after eating a toasted chicken sandwich from room service. Within 2 hours he was violently ill both vomiting and suffering the runs.
This went on for more than two hours with no relief in sight. We called the front desk for assistance and the language barrier caused some difficulties though eventually they understood the problem.
The hotel car took us to the hospital where my son required a drip and intro venous antibiotics.
I complained to the Hotel manager the next day about how this effected my families holiday.(he denied that the hotel was responsible and was was very rude about it) however I Did not let this rest and demanded that we are compensated.In the end after much discussion we were given a late check out, free Internet , hospital bill paid for, boxing tickets refunded and the room service charge reversed)
There seems to be a problem with he food hygiene as many people we talked to had similar stories. Not sure if this is just a Graceland issue or is a general Phuket problem.
I would stay at Graceland again I would just be very carefully when eating.

Room tip: Don't stay on the ground floor rooms Every one is always walking past your window
5  Thank JUSI2104
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Yes we also fell sick to the tummy bug that was going around the resort, my first child fell violently ill after we had done the cooking class , then subsequently on her recovery approx 48hrs my next daughter become very sick vomitting , diarrhea , stomach cramps , and then my husband . The holiday we envisaged was destroyed by this illness that kept us in the motel room for most of our holiday. I did speak to management and suggested they have hand sanitizer for guests at breakfast communal buffet eating or get their staff to serve the food to try and stop the cross spread of this bug. Also suggested the housemaids wear gloves and change from room to room . Yet nothing was done .It was obvious this bug was in the resort we had met others who had fallen ill and some had been hospitalized - we seeked help from the pharmacy just outside the magic back door and I think I spent more money there than at the markets. We won't be going back ! If you are going, take your own hand sanitizer and good luck! We were fortunate to be in the new wing with comfortable beds - which we spent most of our holiday.

6  Thank Kahrjack
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed at Graceland with family for 6 nights. The room was located on the 5th level of the lobby building. The rooms were reasonable in size however the beds were rock hard but housekeeping will provide (on request) a bed comforter or bed mattress pad which fixes the problem. We experienced problems with them understanding our request and also had to follow up reception three times to get the comforter delivered. We generally found the staff to be friendly but they had an extremely limited knowledge of the English language making every conversation a challenge.

The welcome drink on arrival was very yummy and the welcome cocktail party, for newly arrived guests, was amazing. The cocktail food was outstanding but beware of the colourful pink, purple or blue drinks - yuck. The breakfast buffet provided a good selection for all however the daily stampede was degrading, noisy and provided no sense of holiday.

We all got sick during our stay and while speaking to other guests found out that this was going around the whole hotel. (It's now 5 days later and I'm still fighting my stomach bug). The location was quiet in terms of its distance from Patong night life but this meant a short trip in a tuk tuk to get to the famous Bangla Road and restaurants. However we did experience some noise from the neighbouring construction site.

The pools were nice but generally inadequate for the amount of guests in the hotel. Lounge chairs were hard to come by in the main family pool area. The long pools in the nearer side of the hotel (where the swim out rooms are located) were beautiful but clearly designed to keep the families away as no lounges were available at all.

The gym facilities were OK - I've seem better and worse. I did however sign up to a group stretching class and was amusedly appalled at the instructors ability. I was the only one in the class which they held in a conference room with the furniture pushed to the side. The stretches were your basic warm up and cool down stretches (10 of each) and it was clear that the instructor was struggling to make up the next stretch - a fellow fitness assistant was sitting on the side lines giving her pointers. I could have done this myself in fact after laughing in amazement throughout the class we began to chat about my fitness routine and I soon found myself teaching them yoga moves.

Overall an average stay and wouldn't return in any rush.

2  Thank Sarah_Hochie
Reviewed 29 September 2012

this was our 4th visit to Gracelands, 10 days this time, the staff were very helpful but the buffet at dinner time is suspect as i was violently ill with food poisoning within 3 hours of eating it and everyone we talked to had upset stomachs, so beware the A LE Carte menu was ok but aviod the buffet. The room was noisey when doors were closed on the corridor and the workmen on the roof did nothing to induce a speedy recovery

Room tip: all noisey
1  Thank allenred
Reviewed 27 September 2012

After a 5* stay in Bangkok, this place was disappointing. My room had dirty washers in the sink and a leaking toilet. Room small very basic almost crude with tea/coffee facilities. We asked for upgrade to new complex deluxe pool view sunset rooms with pool access and were lucky enough to get it thank god. These are the rooms they show on the internet! Big spacious modern and very comfortable. Had to pay $65 a night extra but worth it so that I felt it was worth the trip. Buffet dinner $20 and very basic. Ran out of seafood. Buffet breakfast included and very basic. Nothing special. This place was recommended to me by people who have been every year for some time.....I am wondering why:-) oh by the way if you want peace and quiet don't come here. Kids everywhere, yelling and screaming in the pool. Not a relaxing place. Having said all of this the staff are wonderful as are all Thai people.

Room tip: Ask for the new complex!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends