2,377 results
All reviewsjacuzzi suitesizzle restaurantclub vista roomparadise beachvirtual golfgames roomriverside poolshuttle busrooftop baradult poolshuttle serviceevery hourpool villabeautiful resortmain poolour honeymoonmain restaurant
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous! As the name suggests, it’s a true hideaway gem located at the top of a pretty steep hill, a bit removed from the normal hustle and bustle of Patong Beach so be mindful of that when it comes to taxi / tuk tuk fees, but it’s definitely worth it! There are spectacular views from the lobby, the rooms are very spacious and comfortable, the restaurants and other amenities are nice and the staff are wonderful. I only wish I had more downtime on my vacation to actually spend more time in the hotel itself enjoying all that it had to offer! Would definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank TaNeeka P
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear TaNeeka P,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong-MGallery by Sofitel!

On behalf our entire team, thank you for coming back to see us and for sharing your experience!

I was pleased to learn that your stay with us was a most amazing experience and that you particularly enjoyed our room and that our services were very much in line with the standards you would expect from us.

TaNeeka P, thank you once again for sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future, should we have the pleasure in doing so and as the time may allow.

Kind Regards,
Alberto J. Lugo-Vina
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Avista Hideaway built on a hilltop is about 10 to 15 minutes drive from the busy area of Patong Beach. The resort is surrounded by trees in a quiet area with beautiful view in particular the sun-set view from the roof top bar. For a relax and enjoyable holiday, this resort should be a good choice. Though it is bit far from Patong Beach Town on foot, free shuttle is provided almost every hour till 11:00 p.m. I had a number of visits to Phuket for holiday and stayed in different hotels over the years. Avista was one of the best. Upon arrival at the hotel, I was met by the Front Office Manager, Mr. Singh. He is very professional and helpful. From the moment we (my wife and I) checked in till the time we checked out, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay with the hotel. Avista has 3 beautiful swimming pools and 2 restaurants. I had had my breakfast and dinner there. Both were good. The room was clean and spacious, and bed comfortable. Thoroughout the period at the resort, we were well taken care of. I feft very much like at home. Taking this opportunity, I woukd like to extend my sincere gratitude to Mr. Singh. While I am an Accor Plus Platinum Member, I should appreciate it if the Accor Management or the Avista Senior Management would convey my heartfelt appreciation to Mr.Singh. For sure, I will be back on next visit to Avista and highly recommend to this resort to any one who is aiming at a holiday paradise in Phuket.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wltam013
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear wltam013,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong-MGallery by Sofitel!

I was pleased to learn that your stay with us was a most outstanding experience and that our dedicated drea makers were able to ensure you were very much well looked after. I shall also communicate your remarks with Mr. Sumant whom I am sure will be delighted to learn that his efforts did not go un noticed.

wltam013, thank you once again for sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future, should we have the pleasure in doing so and as the time may allow.

Kind Regards,
Alberto J. Lugo-Vina
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We (Europeans) decided to do our wedding in Thailand. It's a big country with lots of beautiful places, so to narrow it down we set 2 requirements for our location:
- the location needed to be near an international airport. We could not let our guests fly all the way to Thailand and then have them sit on a bus/train/boat for another long journey.
- the location needed to offer a decent package with good room rates for our guests. The guests were paying for accommodation themselves and we wanted everybody to be able to stay at least the night of the wedding.

These requirements leave you with 2 viable options; Bangkok or Phuket. After looking at the types of wedding you can have there we decided on a 'beach wedding' in Phuket. After lots of research and reviewing quotes we chose Avista Hideaway. Why?

- A very complete wedding package with a LOT of freedom to shape the day as you want it. Things like wedding theme, colors, sort of ceremony of course, but also drink packages, the dinner menu etc. It is all custom, as you want it. This was certainly not true for all the other resorts.
- 2 wedding planners who speak fluent English, have experience with international weddings and will go the extra mile for you. Also, and this is very important, they communicate fast and efficient. When you try to arrange a wedding from the other side of the globe, these things are vital.
- A stunning location for the ceremony and the party. They sent pictures of the rooftop location as part of the quote and it looked amazing. Even better, it looked the same when we were there. :)
- The price was very reasonable, even with all the extra's we wanted. For our wedding we paid what an average 50 person wedding in Western Europe would have cost us. But we got a 5 star resort for that price, with things like spa treatments and a three day stay for groom and bride included. This was also certainly not true for all resorts we looked at.
- As mentioned before, near a big airport and (very) good room deals for wedding guests.

Are the also points that could be improved upon?

- The DJ that the resort offers is pretty expensive (even for Western standards)
- The rooftop location has to close at 22:00 due to noise regulations. The party can continue in the hotel bar, but the party has to move.
- The rooftop location can seat about 70 people. It's probably not suitable for bigger groups.

We had a beautiful wedding ceremony, an amazing dinner and a great party afterwards. Our guests comments were things like 'a magical evening' and 'like in the movies'. Looking back, we can't think of anything we were unhappy with or things we would have done differently. It was perfect, I can't give a bigger compliment.

I would recommend this type of destination wedding to everybody. It's a special experience nobody will ever forget, and for price that might surprise you.

Thank you Avista Hideaway.

Free tip: also have a look at freedom beach. It's a 10 minute walk from the resort, you pay 200 baht entrance and you need to climb down some badly maintained steps. But if you can do that it's so worth it. It's how Thai beaches should be. White sand, blue water, jungle in the background, no hotel to be seen and most important; quiet. You are missing out if you don't see it.

Room Tip: It seems that the rooms near the pools have more mosquito problems.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank NorthsideBestside
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Avista Hideaway is a little piece of heaven hidden away in the hills of Phuket.

Breathtaking views of the bay, Mesmerizing sunsets, beautiful landscapes , amazing swimming pools, excellent food, luxurious rooms and most importantly the friendliest staff ever! Everyone was very helpful and working discretely to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable.
We felt completely spoiled and had an unforgettable vacation.

The hotel has a great location far enough from Patong Beach where all the action takes place but not too far as the free shuttle can take you there in 4 min.

We stayed there for 5 days with our two sons 15 and 13 years old and they enjoyed having the game room around where they enjoyed playing pool, ping pong and darts between activities.

Also nearby (only 300 meters from the hotel) you can walk to freedom beach. Although the walk is quite tough as you have to go through the jungle and down the hill to reach it with a lot of steep slopes and steps but definitely worth the trouble.

The hotel concierge also helped us book boat tours and theatre shows and offered us great advice about things to do in the area.

Again a big Thank you to all the lovely people who work at the hotel!

We definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who’s looking to have the perfect vacation!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I stayed here on our honeymoon and we're upgraded to the room having entry to the pool. Met Mr. Singh in lobby who was incredibly helpful, thank you for the cake and decorations in the room.

My wife was overwhelmed by the hospitality of this place including reception, bar, restaurants housekeeping all were great.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple