Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Lauren C
NT

Busakorn Wing

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Feb 2013
We stayed for 5 nights in a ground floor room in the Busakorn Wing with our 7 year old daughter. I was so pleased with our choice. The room was huge & they converted the little couch into a single bed for our daughter. As we were on the groud floor we were able to walk straight off our little balcony into the pool area.

We the food at the Hotel is fantastic, we dined at Charm Thai & Sams Steak House while we were there & the were both great. I was especially impressed with Sam's. Although it is expensive for Phuket standards it was still great value. The food was so good & the service first class. It was also the little things at Sams that made the dinner. We were given complimentry starters & sorbet between entree & main. We also we given a little dessert which was so tasty & it came out smoking. Very impressive. We also use the seaview cafe for lunch in the main wing which was great because kids ate for free!! There is also a bar outside Sams which we frequented & had yummy bar snacks & jugs of Mojitos!!

The breakfast in the Busakorn wing was also very good (the best breakfast buffet I've had in Phuket) they even had vegemite which made my stay!!

Because we were travelling with our daughter she used the kids club & was really happy there. She got to order her lunch & sign for it and charge it to our room & they had a Chinese New Year party where all the kids got dressed up in Chinese costume. The only down side about the kids club is there is no outside play area for the children unless you would like to supervise them yourself.

I used the spa with my friend one time (buy one get one half price & they split the cost to our 2 rooms) and the other time with my husband as a valentines special. Both were great, can recommend the Hot Stone Massage.

My only negative comments are that there was no Happy hour in the Busakorn Wing which ment quite a walk to the other side of the resort so we never bothered. Also the wifi is terrible & slow. Also I hate how in resorts in Phuket the prices are in nett so taxes are added on after (+ 10 % + 7% so it adds up). It makes it very hard to work out exactly what you are paying. Our previous resort had the prices listed including tax which was so much better.
Date of stay: February 2013
Room Tip: Busakorn Wing has lovely rooms & the better pool!!
Trip type: Travelled with family
5.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this review
Responded 20 Feb 2013
Dear "Lauren C"

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review of your recent stay. It is great to read that overall you and your family have had such an enjoyable stay with us in the Busakorn Wing. Your comments with regards the general hotel facilities, the quality of the breakfast buffet and your wonderful experiences in our restaurants, in particular Sam's, are very much appreciated. It is also great to note that your daughter enjoyed the Kid's Club and that you were able to find some time to relax in the Aspara Spa. Your feedback with regards the Happy Hour, the WiFi speed and the pricing is very well received and I will discuss these points further with the team here at the hotel.

We do hope to see you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket. Please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything I can do to be of assistance.

AU$281
  • travelup.com
2.0 km from Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
View more hotels in Patong
5,119 results
All reviews busakorn wing busakorn pool kids club charm thai restaurant patong beach pool access villa kids pool family suite main pool swim up bar sun loungers mini bar bangla road buffet breakfast hard rock cafe great resort happy hour
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2013

We went on a holiday with my wife and my child 2 years old. The Hotel location is just unmatchable. Right on the beach. The pool is good too. Food is gr8 and value for money, nothing very expensive.

But I did not find the hotel staff as friendly as I have been to thailand before too. The pool side service was pathetic and the servers were rude. Unexpected from such a good hotel.

Room tip: Make sure to ask for a room with no Ants.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank Ankush T
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear "Ankush T"

Thank you for your detailed review and constructive feedback, and we are pleased that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please be assured that the issues you experienced will be taken seriously and dealt with as per our separate correspondence by email.

Once again, we look forward to seeing you back again at Holiday In Resort Phuket.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel in late October 2012 with my wife. We stayed in the Main Wing of the hotel.

I have nothing but good things to say about our stay here. The hotel grounds and pool area are very well presented. I am a fan of nice gardens and was not dissapointed. The rooms are spacious, very clean and comfortable. The hotel has a business centre which we had to use on a couple of occassions. The facilities in the business centre are excellent and the staff are so helpful. We were enjoying our stay so much that we decided to extend our holiday while we there. The lady at the business centre made the phone calls for us to the airlines we had bookings with and took care of cancelling the flights and arranging our refunds. So helpful and eased a lot of pressure from us. The hotel has free wifi which was also very helpful for our needs.

The hotel is located directly across the road from the Patong Beach, very short walk from Bangala Rd and the big shopping centre. There is a big market also straight across the road. We found the location to be perfect.

There is a number of restaurants at the hotel to suit all tastes or occassions. We frequented the Terrazzo restaurant on most of the nights of our stay. So peaceful, well priced, very friendly service, great food, casual but classy. It is an Italian style restaurant. We treated ourselves one night to Sam's Steakhouse restaurant. This could very well be the best restaurant i have ever been to, and i do like my fine dining and have visited quite a few fancy restaurants in Australia. It is a little bit more expensive than other nearby eateries but easily worth the cost you pay. What was only supposed to be a treat on one night was so nice we couldn't resist and had to go back a second night :-) Our booking at the hotel included buffet breakfast for two. The breakfast was amazing, a seemingly endless selection of food. Such a wide variety and all so tasty.

My overall stay in Phuket was for 6 nights at first. Unfortunately we left our bookings until the very last minute and could only book our first two nights at the Holiday Inn, the next two nights were spent at a nearby hotel nowhere near as good as this one, and we returned to the Holiday Inn for our final 2 nights, which we extended for an extra 3 nights. We recommend the Holiday Inn to all our family and friends who are considering a holiday to Phuket and will definitely be coming back for a holiday here again.

Date of stay: November 2012
3  Thank HorseD82
layberry, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear "Brad_H"

Thank you so much for such a detailed and positive review of your recent stay. Your feedback with regards the standard of the hotel facilities, the service from our fantastic staff and the quality of our restaurants, especially Sam's Steakhouse, are very gratefully received and I will be sure to share all of your comments with the team here at the hotel.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back again to Holiday Inn Resort Phuket and, in the meantime, if there is anything at all with which I may be of assistance, please just let me know.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We came to Thailand as first time visitors. We stayed in the Holiday Inn for 4 days .Pricey and our room was only ok.We expected more for what we paid.
But the service here was impeccable and we were greeted with genuine smiles from the wonderful staff. Food excellent , such a wide variety to suit all tastes. Sam's Steakhouse blew us away. One of the best meals we have ever had. Succulent steaks and delicious 'amuse bouche' and sorbet between courses and dry ice surprise at the end of the meal! We will not return to Patong , it is very unpleasant and too crowded but we will remember our enjoyable time at the hotel .

1  Thank Linda M

Dear "Linda M"

Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased to read that, while Patong may not be your ideal holiday destination, you have had a great stay with us at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket. Your kind comments with regards the service from our staff and, in particular, your wonderful experience at Sam's Restaurant are very well received and I will most certainly share your review with the team here at the hotel.

If you ever do decide to return to Patong, please keep me as a direct point of contact and let me know if there is anything with which I can help.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

We have stayed at this Hotel the last 2 Years and have found the Rooms overlooking the Pool are superb.Privacy is ideal with your own swim up bar.Our room had the Pool on your doorstep.The weather was warm so we enjoyed a fantastic holiday. I even got a cake for my birthday!

Room tip: Choose a room where you can enter the Pool.
Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank Bill12_13

Dear "Bill12_13"

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is great to read that you have had such an enjoyable stay with us in one of our villa rooms and I am really glad that our team has looked after you so well on your birthday! We look forward to seeing you back again soon at Holiday Inn Resort Phuket. Please keep in touch and let me know if there is ever anything I can do to be of assistance.

Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

We are currently staying in the Busakorn Wing Studio Pool view for our 3rd time now.
This resort just keeps getting better and better.

The resort facilities are incredible. The large Busakorn wing pool is beautiful and the staff around the pool and pool bar are so friendly, welcoming and always up for a chat. There is also a smaller pool at the back that is quieter and super relaxing.
The pools are cleaned every morning and the grounds are very well kept. One problem I have found is that guests staying in the main wing come and use the Busakorn wing pool chairs and by 10am most of the chairs are all taken. This needs to be better enforced by staff because the we pay extra to stay in this wing and shouldn't be left without sun loungers because of main wing guests.
The Busakorn wing is also meant to be quieter than the main wing but some guests do not respect this and staff should also enforce this more with signage and telling guests when they are being too loud.
There is a kids pool in the main wing for a reason!!

The buffet breakfast is huge and has a load of variety with something for everyone. The staff here aren't quite as friendly as the pool guys but this is something small that management will work on no doubt.

The rooms are cleaned twice daily and are always spotless! Only problem I have found is that because there are no fly wires on the doors I get bitten by Mosquitos almost every night and even though staff spray the rooms on request somehow it doesn't seem to help. I guess this happens at most hotels in tropical climates though.
Some hotel guests do not know how to keep quiet in corridors and yell and scream at 6am. This shouldn't be tolerated!! Not when other guests are trying to sleep. It's not respectful at all and there should be signs or staff somehow enforcing this.

The location of this hotel is in my opinion the best in Patong. It is located between beach road and Rat-u-thit road. It's walking distance to Bangla road (less than 10 mins) and Jungceylon plaza. So it isn't too noisy, but its still close enough to everything. And it's right opposite the Otop markets!

The gym is quite small and can get full quickly with only two treadmills and no bench press or back machines.

Sams steakhouse is by far the best restaurant in Patong. And probably the best steak house we have ever been to (even in Australia). It's a little more pricey than most but it is definitely worth it. Treat yourself!!

The Terrazzo restaurant has great Italian food but found the service here a little slow and takes awhile to get drinks for some reason.

The fact that there is no mini bar in your fridge is a fantastic idea because it leaves space for the stuff that you want plus there is a mini bar shop in the main wing that is cheap and has most things you'll need.

The gift shop across from the mini bar in the main wing is horrible. Every time I have been in the staff are so rude and it is overly priced. I think it's unnecessary and could be used as a main wing gym instead! This way it would free up the Busakorn wing gym! And could make it so that you need to swipe in to gain acess,Just an idea!

All in all I really love this place which is why my partner and I continue to return.
Special mention to Mr Morgan Layberry the assistant manager of this hotel for being so customer orientated! He will go out of his way to do whatever he can to make your stay a memorable and enjoyable one. His attention to detail is outstanding and if you have any concerns he is sure to help you out. You are not just a room number to him.

If you stay here once I can almost guarantee you'll be back! It's great!!!!

Thanks again to all the pool guys for your smiling faces every morning :-)

Eve and Mert!

3  Thank eva-giu

Dear "BohemianBeauty"

Thank you for taking the time to share your very detailed and constructive feedback on your stay. It is really great to read that you have enjoyed almost every aspect of your stay with us and your kind comments with regards the breakfast buffet, Sam's Steakhouse, the standard of housekeeping and the friendliness of the pool staff are very gratefully received.

Your further comments with regards the reservation of the sun-loungers, and the noise made by kids at the Busakorn Wing and guests checking out early are also well noted. You are correct that this does need to be controlled, and while we cannot (unfortunately!!!) be responsible for the poor behavior of certain guests, we will continue to try to manage these situations as best we can.

Once again, it is great to note that you have had, overall, another enjoyable stay with us and we look forward to seeing you back again soon. Please keep me as a direct point of contact and let me know if there is ever anything I can do to be of assistance.