4 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUSD 28
Agoda.comUSD 28
Hotels.comUSD 31
1,963 results
All reviews patong beach pool bar walking street floor phuket
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Really not friendly staff at this hotel. Rooms are so-so, we had a room on 19th floor with nice view. location in Patong is really good.

The breakfast buffet restaurant looks like a big shed where we all have our breakfast like cows...

All in all bad impression of this hotel, especially because of all the rude/arrogant Russians....

Please avoid...

Room tip: Take a room on a high floor,great view...
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank RobbertS
Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Good Morning Sir ,
Thank you for your interesting to stay with us and used our hotel to stay when you visit Phuket . Thank you for your commend we will looking for the problem and handle the problem and we would like to explain about the breakfast it ' s look big because our hotel we have 350 Rooms and our customer is world wild market . Our breakfast must be have many choice and you can try Thai Food , Indian Food , European Food . You will not bore with them. Actually we select the best product for our customer . The most customer is Japan , Chinese , Australia , Malaysia ,Russia ,Singapore ,Thai , Korea and some Scandinavia . Then our breakfast must be have a lot of choice for customer . Hope you will come to visit Phuket and our Hotel again .

Reviewed 6 February 2013

This hotel although in a pretty good location does not look anything like the professional photos. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights during a trip of Asia and this was one of our last stops and I was looking very forward to this hotel because it looked very nice.

Our hotel room was very basic and average, the bathroom was dark with these ugly tiles that made the floor look dirty. It wasn't that it was actually dirty per say but the way it looked made you feel like it was a dirty bathroom. We had a great view from our balcony but it was also a little dirty on the balcony. I'm not sure if the higher priced rooms are maybe nicer but we were not impressed.

The pool was nice but not as big as it looks in the pictures, They need to have more pool chairs.

I didn't eat at the hotel at all so i can't judge the food but we did eat at a stand out front the hotel that sold shawarma,that we loved and got a ton of.....love the hot sauce they put on it!

There is a lot of food places around the hotel and a lot shopping is around with a mall not too far away, the beach is also maybe a 10 min walk. the streets out front the hotel are lined with massage places that you have to walk by to get to the main road or you can walk down another road with some drag bars around. The massage ladies were nice but the constant asking if you want a massage was a little much. However this is all over thailand.

In terms of location you get a good deal because you can walk to a lot of things but if there are nicer hotels in the area for a similar price then i would suggest looking into those,

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank lyssa83
Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2013

Good Morning ,
Thank you very much for the comment .we hope you will enjoy when you stay with us . About the pool chair we have around 50 - 60 % of our customer . The room balcony actually we 're cleaning every day but our hotel is a little bit high and have more windy it 's took some dust to balcony . Our
Shawama is so testy our halal is very popular @ Casablanca Restaurant . Our management hope to welcome to stay with us again . If you have any assistance please contact spa@royalparadise.com .

Reviewed 5 February 2013

From what I can tell, the Royal Paradise Hotel considers itself to be a four star establishment. I would say that's a bit of a stretch. Actually, quite a stretch. I'd give it a three star rating on its best day, and I'm not sure we were there for one of those.

That said, it's in a very convenient location within Patong, which isn't really an area of Phuket I'd personally recommend staying in for too long, unless ping pong shows, drunken tourists, tabletop dancers and being surprised by pungent odours as you walk down the street is your thing.

We got an unbelievably good rate at the Paradise through STA Travel, which meant I wasn't too disappointed with our room or the amenities, but if we'd paid the full rate they quoted I would've been royally disappointed.

The breakfast included in our room rate was, ah, interesting, and the pool was OK but a little tired. In fact, I think that's a good way to describe the whole hotel - a little weary.

All that aside, if you just want somewhere to rest your head at night while you get out and explore the sights and sounds of Phuket, then it does the job. The rooms and bed linen certainly seemed to be kept tidy and clean and, like I said, it's in a great location for exploring Patong.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank TravellerPippa

Good Morning ,
Thank you very much for your comment . Our hotel is the center of Patong area . Our hotel will be 4 star hotel soon but our Royal wing already 4 star . We get the certificate form the TAT and Hotel association already .
Our hotel is the best for the person is would like to shopping because our hotel is near by the shopping area and entertainment area also . In our hotel is quiet but our surround have a lot of bar have a lot of entertainment place then you can hear the voice form outside the hotel .
We hope you will come back to stay with us again and suggestion our hotel for your friend . If you would like any assistance please contact to me at spa@royalparadise.com

Reviewed 31 January 2013

Poor rooms, dirty rooms and a poor breakfast.
The pool area was good, and a great pool bar, shoul have been more sun beads.
Every one in the party of 10 got sick at the hotel, i don`t know if it was the breakfast or just the flu. But when we changed hotel everyone was healty again.

Room tip: Don`t book here
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Gullfaks

Good Morning ,
How are you ? Our Hotel Management . Would like to apologize about your experience when you stay with us . About the room now already renovate and about the breakfast we're already change style of food and more variety , clean , healthy . We try to change many thing for improve our standard . For sun bed we have around 50 - 60 % of our customer stay with us we though it's enough for service our customer . Our Hotel Management very realize about clean , safe and happiness for our customer .
Our Hotel Management hope you will come back to stay with us or suggestion our hotel with your friend if they have plan to visit Phuket . We will take care you same as you 're the part of our family . If you would like any assist please contact to me at spa@royalparadise.com

Reviewed 25 January 2013

I strongly advise all prospective guests to stay away from this hotel in Patong. There are many other fantastic places to stay within walking distance that will offer superior service, rooms, food etc

I stayed for a total of 24 nights in January staying in multiple rooms from Superior up to some of their suits. I had prebooked a non flexible stay in August of last year and would have left the hotel if I had any option to.

I had a few good experiences with the staff at the hotel however the majority were very poor.

Firstly the night staff were incredibly rude, they continuously treated my girlfriend very poorly presuming that because she was of asian origin she must be a working girl. When questioned about it, I was told that it is hotel policy treat all women of singapore, malaysian, Thai races like they were working girls and question every move they made. This was after we had already stayed for 20 nights and left a very bad taste in my mouth. The staff refused to accept any responsibility or appoligise for there mistakes and rudeness.

Secondly, unlike every other hotel I have stayed in Patong, Thailand, India or Singapore (over 100 nights in the last 5 months) this hotel decided on the night before I left that I may be unable to pay my room tab (about 45000 bhat). I believe they had a cash flow issue at the point, I let them know that I would pay the full balance on check out the following day (as I have at every other hotel), the desk clerk called me twice and I confirmed the same, then the duty manager came to room and we had a discussion that just went round and round in circles. They are treating all their guests like they are unable to pay there bills, and it was very poor form.

Thirdly, we ordered about 3 room service meals during our stay, I want to strongly warn people not to do that, their Pizzas are awful, their noodles tasteless, and it seems like they can't get simple food right, or even remotely tasteful. The food at Casablanca which was mostly Indian was bland and rather tasteless (very unlike Indian food)

Finally, the maintenance of building is in a very poor shape, most of the windows are very dirty (have they ever been cleaned?) the roof of the royal wing is in desperate need of a paint, the paint jobs on many of the rooms are very sloppy, there is a lack of power points near the beds, there are cracked tiles in the pools, some of the rooms have a damp "smell", overall the building and complex looks very tired and in extreme need of a make over. The in room internet is only delivered by ethernet and is a very expensive 450 bhat per day.

There were some positive experiences, I would encourage everyone to enjoy the skydeck bar for happy hour, the drinks were well priced, the staff friendly and the view amazing. We did get a complementary upgrade to one of their suits on a night they were fully booked out.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matthew D
Operation M, Manager at The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Good Evening ,
Thank you for your comment. I would like to apologize if i response your comment a little bit late . Thank you about you should to stay with us. About my staff so rude with you and your girlfriend i would like to say sorry about this situation our management will open the course how to service and how to care the customer soon . Our Mission is Excellent Value and Environmentally friendly hotel we would like to all of our customer have a feel when come to stay with us you will get the best service same as you stay in your home .
About the food of Casablanca our restaurant concept is Indian and Arabian Food . In our menu we have some of Indian Food and some of Arabian Food If you dont like the indian food you can select another choice of food actually our food is halal food . Our restaurant is very popular in Phuket.
The Royal wing you comment about the roof must be painting now we 're already check and we will maintenance soon .

Finally , Thank you very much for your comment again if you would like to any assistance for us please let me know or send the e-mail to spa@royaparadise.com or info@royalparadise.com , Hope you will come back to stay with us again

Best Regards,