Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Patrick L
Tromso, Norway

Great design - but service needs work

Review of Nap Patong
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Sept 2012
We had a nice stay at The Nap Patong, this relatively new hotel has a lot of great designs and features, it is quiet yet within walking distance of the beach and the entertainment areas of Patong.
The only thing that pulled the experience down was that the AC unit in the room we were assigned had something wrong with the temperature, and as a result we both left with a cold. We put the temperature to 25 degrees, but in effect I think it must have been blowing at 15-16 degrees the first night, then the following night we put it again at 25, but this time it did not cool us down at all. Phuket is humid this time of year, and the constant change in temperature created by this faulty AC unit made us sick.
The other thing that was a disappointment was the service in the F&B outlets - the staff are not very tentative to the guests in the breakfast and restaurant rooms, leaving customers sitting waiting for long periods of time without servicing them.
The resort with such great basic features, should be thriving, there is just some fine tuning needed with the staff and solving the problem with the AC units.
All in all the stay was pleasant though and we enjoyed out time by the pool and in the bar, and also traveling around the island seeing the different sites.
In the rating I have put the service as poor, but this is only for the F&B staff - the front and maintenance staff we dealt with were great. But the overall impression was brought down by the lack of attention from the F&B staff.
Breakfast selection was good - but I have still rated as poor, due to the service provided by the staff in the breakfast room on the occasions we used it.
Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    AU$70
0.3 km from Nap Patong
View more hotels in Patong
2,280 results
All reviews bangla road large balcony modern hotel few minutes walk quiet area short walk to the beach nice pool the hustle and bustle daydream mam thailand pla sofa jungceylon slippers laptop action
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This hotel was outstanding, the staff were probably the best ive come across, extremely helpful from the moment we landed, to the time we left. The rooms were beautiful, clean and I only wished I could have stayed again. It is only a few minutes walk to the beach and to the hot spots of Patong. If I'm ever in Phuket again it will be my first choice hotel.

Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This hotel was one of the places that could’ve almost made my stay at the Patong beach agreeable; I only wished the noise that came from nearby construction sites had been muffled down – there was even a crane in the landscape!.

The hotel offers a glimpse of the sea & the sunset for those who stay on the 4th floor & up – it is not on the beach. The Ikea-like furniture in the room is line with the overall design but can be seen as over-done. I am almost certain that this hotel is not classic-lasting design. The pool was not acclimatized to cool temp., hence it did not feel refreshing in the afternoon (August). The breakfast buffet was not bad and the attendants were friendly.

The street that leads to the beach is not interesting at all, however, after a short walk of 4-5 minutes you find yourself on a good spot of the beach – Patong beach is my least favored beach in all Phuket. If you walk away – opposite direction, then you get to a busy and vital road that leads you to loads of seafood restaurants and eventually to Bengla road.

This hotel can suit a city like Santa Monica, California – it is not meant as a complement, as it has sort of a place-kind of close-to-beach flavor. I have no problem recommending it.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This post is rather overdue... Taken in March during our 6 days stay in Patong-Karon-Krabi.
Went with my 2 other female friends and we arrived at night... The only minus point was the electricity was cut off a few times (something to do with the auto sensor of the balcony)... But it was kinda spooky (in a fun way) to hear 3 girls screaming in the room... After a few times, each of us got tired of screaming and we learnt how to operate the balcony door. Haha! But seriously I would have panic if I was a single traveller. Hope by now, this prob has been rectified :)

Other than that electricity cut problem, we had no other qualms... I am a fussy traveller so when I said this place is ok, means its acceptable.

Rooms: surprisingly even with 3 single beds, the room was quite spacey… I love that the hotel has separate shower, toilet and washing area… Very useful for triple sharers like us… Love the balcony too although it can be very chilly and windy at night.

Location: 10-15 mins walk to Soi Bangla but I did not mind the walk as I prefer to be far from the crowd... But its very near to the beach, less than 5 mins walk.

Service: the frontdesk staff was very friendly and attentive, even though I had no mood to talk to her after working and rushing to the airport for this trip… And when we got the electricity cut, the staff was quite fast to come to our room to rectify the prob, twice to be exact.

Others: Breakfast was basic, generally ok. But you cannot expect a lavish buffet breakfast when you paid for a budget price, don’t you?

I wouldn’t mind coming back here again, even as a single traveller as long as I don’t get the electricity cut again. Otherwise, this place is good value for $$ and I love it :)

Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed 3 September 2012

photos of the nap doesn't do it justice. the sleek modern look of the hotel and the fact that it's quite new gives it a very clean, pristine vibe. the only fault was that we kept finding ants in our hand towels by the sink. but that aside, the beds were large, comfy, and housekeeping did a great job at cleaning every day.

we were greeted with exemplary service by members of the staff on the day shift - particularly the staff at the reception area wearing a TRAINEE tag (i can't recall his name :( ) who was so very helpful and personable. most of the staff are extremely friendly and very willing to help, aside from the ones manning the reception area at night.

the beach was easily accessible, along with much of patong's bars, clubs, and even the mall Jungceylon. it wasn't difficult at all to find decent places to eat - even during lunch.

can't say much about the breakfast, because we kept oversleeping, but the one morning we did manage to wake up in time proved that there was a wide variety of choices (and cheese) to choose from.

1  Thank soundscribble
Reviewed 1 September 2012 via mobile

We were not expecting a fancy hotel but the rooms were really gross. We stayed there for 4 nights (unfortunately we prebooked) and we moved rooms 3 times. There is a terrible smell in most of the rooms - not sure if it is mould or sewage... The staff were not helpful at all on this issue and we had to go to the management of the sister hotel The Nap (which is located next door) to get help.
The floors are really dirty and the pool is just pathetic.
The showers are a joke - the water is nothing more than a trickle and only gets look warm.
The only good things about the hotel are breakfast - which is provided at the sister hotel The Nap next door (and is a much better hotel), free wifi, and the complimentary mini-bar which includes a variety of free soft drinks.
The hotel is well located on a quiet street and only a 5 min walk from the beach. It is about 20 min walk to the mall and Bangla road.