New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

and 1 more site!
Bodega
Ranked #6 of 395 Patong B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Lovely place. Lovely people.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed at Bodega for a few days in May and only have great memories. The food is delicious and the rooms were clean. What makes Bodega memorable is the staff. They are ready to help you with any problems you may be having and will instantly make you feel welcome. I had a wonderful time here and recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Patong.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jessica R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I loved Bodega. I stayed in a dorm and it was clean, comfortable, safe, and friendly.

The location is perfect. Close to the action of Patong, yet far enough that you didn't have to hear it when you finally slept. I found the bar downstairs a great place to eat, drink and meet people. The staff were excellent. They booked my tours, transport, and generally looked after any question I had. It was not unusual to be sharing a drink with them in the evening which was awesome. Wi Fi throughout my stay worked perfectly.

Book this hostel for good times, a good sleep, and excellent service. Make sure you book early as this hostel is popular.

Room Tip: Try and get a bottom bunk they are always better. :)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank James J
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Has been one of the best places I have stayed in, it is clean and has a amazing atmosphere to it. I have met some amazing people there which made my trip even better. The staff are amazing and will help you out with any problems you have and in the even will chill with you with a beer.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank oggy101
BRIGHTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

This is my second stay at Bodega and honestly if I go back to Patong I wouldn't stay anywhere else. It was a nice surprise that I was even recognised when I got there.
All the staff there are amazing and always go way beyond expectations of making me, and all the other guests, feel like they're at home. Offering great advice and full of local knowledge of places to go and see and places to eat. They are always game for a chat and a beer in the evening.
The dorm rooms and private rooms are good value for money and they have always been clean and well kept and I haven't had a problem.
The Thai food that they serve is excellent and some of the best I have had in Thailand. Honestly a little expensive compared to other places but I was very happy to spend the money.

I have travelled a lot around the World and feel that this really is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. I applaud their hard work when I go back to Thailand and if I go to Patong I would only stay there.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

I wish I could write a wonderful review of bodega, because the space and staff are really great, however those things can't compete with the absolute horror of waking up at 4am to a bed CRAWLING in bed bugs. Despite the fact that the staff showed us the brand new plastic wrapped mattresses (they claimed were put in that very day) bed bugs showed themselves when the lights went out. I was bit all over my body. Even thinking about my night there still makes my skin crawl. The entire dorm woke up to bed bugs (it wasn't just my bed). The dorm was evacuated in the middle of the night and we got our money back. Nice staff, nice business, but bed bugs trump all the other positives. It's really too bad...

Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Joni B
Robin D, Owner at Bodega, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
Dear Joni

We are so sorry that this unfortunate event happened during your stay. We are extremely proud of our cleanliness levels but we cannot stop these nasty critters arriving with travellers from time to time. It is simply an unfortunate cost of being a poular travellers spot. Unfortunately we only find out about these issues when someone reports it to us ( and every Tripadvisor reader..) As you stated we immediately evacuated and sealed the dorm room in question, refunded all guests and the problem was swiftly dealt with by Rentokil with whom we have a monthly maintenance contract.

Again we do apologise for this unfortunate event.

Bodegfa Management