“Amazing Experience”

Ranked #10 of 53 Outdoor Activities in Patong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Everything about the sanctuary was amazing! They give you lots of information about the animals and the history behind what and why they do it. We did the 1/2 day afternoon visit. We have 2 kids, a 3 year old and a 5 month old. Our oldest was scared, she only liked the baby elephant. With our 5 month old, we had to alternate holding him for the mud bath. The animals were beautiful! We got to feed them, for a long time! It was so hot during this time. Then mud bath and then wash/rinse them off. After we were finished, they provided us with some food. Overall great experience! And they provide pick up/drop off service which is very helpful. The staff was friendly. It was challenging with kids but great experience.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"change of clothes"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful. Something I’ll never forget and would recommend to anyone.
Also feels like you’re in some small way helping to provide care to these incredible creatures.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This was my favorite part of visiting Thailand! I already have a strong love for animals but this experience was unlike any other. The employees were SO good with both the visitors and the elephants and you can clearly tell they are educated and have a genuine love for these beautiful rescues. As everyone mentioned, definitely bring insect repellent and an extra pair of clothes. As far as the water pool itself, it does look a bit dirty but nothing ended up happening to my husband and me - although we both have good immune systems and didn't like any water near our face or open wounds. They elephants LOVED it - from what I researched, you only know this based off their flapping ears (similar to when a dog wags its tail when its happy) and all their ears were flapping all day :) such sweet, gentle creatures and I am so thankful I had the opportunity to see them in THEIR environment living their best life possible. NOTE: do your research before booking these elephant "treck" tours. When they offer you to RIDE them, that is not a true sanctuary since elephants are not meant to haul humans back and forth all day in that Thailand heat (their backs aren't strong enough for that). Go to a place like this one that educates you on the elephants, shares their rescue/backstory, and gets to interact with the elephants in a HUMANE way. This activity is a MUST and an experience you will never forget.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Very interactive, you get to feed, bathe, and play with the elephants. You get a wonderful lunch with Thai food and even a nice souvenir at the end. Such a wonderful experience our family will always remember!