“La Flora”

Ranked #37 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Melbourne, Australia
“La Flora”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Some of these reviews and complaints make me laugh. There are only two issues with this hotel - it is in Patong (near Bangla Rd) and one of the beach bars lets off fireworks at night - otherwise this is a fantastic little boutique hotel. So if you are happy to stay in Patong, I would strongly recommend this hotel. The rooms are great, most have direct pool access or at least a pool view and it is basically one of the only hotels that has direct beach access. The staff were great and couldn't have been nicer - particularly to our small child. The breakfast buffet was OK, and there is a really nice rooftop restaurant/bar with a great sea-view - however, there didn't seem to be many people there

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank David O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg
Reviewed 2 March 2012

This was our third stay at LaFlora Patong and I kind of hate myself for coming back since you pay a lot of money for a very mediocre product.

We have previously stayed in a Beach Front Pool villa and a Pool villa. This time we stayed eight nights in a Seaview suite. In my opinion the Beach Front Pool villa is the worst of the three categories since it offers absolutely no privacy, even with the blinds down and the bathroom is very humid and hot since there is no air-conditioning in this part.

I find it difficult to choose between the Pool villa and the Seaview suite. The Pool villa is very dark and has a claustrophobic feeling to it due to the walled in pool area and few windows in the room but it is by far the most quiet and private room.

The Seaview suite is not much different from the ordinary room but it is located on the upper floor at the end of the corridor and offers a nice view of the beach and sea. I hate the open plan bathroom and toilet. Not only do you have to share your toilet activities with your roommate but you get the feeling of sharing with all people on the beach unless you close the curtains. I honestly don’t think that people outside see much due to the sunprotecting glass but I still felt very exposed. Why pay for a seaview if you have to live behind closed curtains??

All rooms have a serious lack of storage space that result in mess everywhere. Slamming doors in the tiled corridors create a lot of noise and the fireworks during the night are definitely a new added annoyance.

The room categories are completely misleading. The Beach Front Pool villas are normal rooms part of the main building and the suite is only slightly bigger than ordinary rooms but has a different layout. The pool villas are separate from the main buildings but they are still not detached.

The gym has grown a bit but it still feels crowded with more than two people in it.

Generally, the service level is below what similar hotels offer. The staff uniforms are completely ridiculous.

The breakfast is OK but not really interesting. The bread and pastries are awful. I know that this part is difficult in Asia but most hotels still manage to serve much better quality.

The only reason why we keep coming back is the perfect location and the lack of competition since we want to stay beachfront. We quite like to spend some days in the middle of crazy Patong, otherwise we would never even consider LaFlora Patong. There is so much better value for money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Get a room as close to the beach as possible to avoid the traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jmalux
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 29 February 2012

In February 2010 we stayed (only) 1 night at that beautiful hotel. I would say that it was the best hotel I stayed at until now!
When we arrived at the hotel, they gave us flower-necklaces and a delicios coconut to drink out of it. They also asked us which kind of music we want to hear and which type of aroma we want in our room.
The room was big, very tastefully equipped and offered everything: TV, WIFI, DVD/CD-Player, a coffee-maker, a mini-bar, ...
The bathroom is also great with a walk-in-shower, hairdryer, and shower-accessoires.
The breakfast-buffet was amazing with a big variety of food (cereals, sushi, bread, cakes, ...)! The friendly waiter served coffee, tea and hot chocolate.
There were 2 swimming pools with very elegant divan beds. I really enjoyed swimming there.
We also got huge orange beach-towels that were very cosy.
I think that the central position of the hotel was great because it connected the beach and the hustle and bustle in phuket. I never felt disturbed by that.
So if you want a great and modern hotel to stay at you should definitely pic La Flora!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Clauda T
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This review is based on my third stay at La Flora.

I have had the privelage of staying in this stunning hotel on three occasions in the last 8 months and with each visit I can honestly say the management and staff are beyond reproach.

I am an Ex Airline Pilot hence I have stayed in over 1,000 hotels worldwide and La Flora is the best in every facet.

I stayed in a pool access room of which one walks out from your room and is confronted with a magnificent pool, what a view.

It gets better just walk 20 metres and you find yourself on the beach.

Room Service, The Current Of The Sea Restaurant, The Breakfast Buffet are outstanding both in the food and the outstanding service.

The location of this hotel is the best in Patong and the staff are an absolute delight, nothing is a problem for them and time and again they do anything to accommodate anything one needs.

It astonishes me that anyone would have any complaints when it comes to La Flora although I did notice while I was there some guests could never be pleased no matter where they stayed as some people have stupid expectations as noted on some recently added reviews here lately.

People if you want to stay at what is in my opinion a 10 star hotel look no further than La Flora, you will not regret it.

The only thing bad was the day I had to leave but I will again return soon.

Without doubt this is the best of the best, thank you to all the staff for making my stay full off wonderful memories.

Room Tip: Pool access rooms are outstanding
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Fabian111
Brisbane
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My husband and I stayed in a loft pool villa on our recent trip to Phuket. We were very impressed with the location, it was right in the middle of the action, although our room was very quiet. The only noise we heard was some fireworks going off a couple of nights, although our room was positioned in the middle of the resort and surrounded by other rooms which may have helped with the quietness. The service was fantastic both at reception and during breakfast. I ordered the waffles for breakfast each day which were yum. We had drinks at the rooftop bar a couple of nights and the view of the sunset was amazing, highly recommend this.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple